Taking wine onboard Royal Caribbean.

MmeH

Hi, I had the very same question. As I do not drink very much I have not purchased the drinks package, so thought I would bring a couple of bottles of my favourite wine. I did email RC as the information displayed on their website changed. They have confirmed the following:

We can confirm that you can bring up to 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. The corkage fee is all the way around, if you consume this on public areas then you will need to pay a fee of USD$15.00 per bottle.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two 750 mL bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops during the cruise vacation will be stored onboard and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Wine brought onboard may not be shared for consumption in private group events, and/or in lounges made private for the exclusive use of a group.

Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their bag from security once the ship has set sail. Only staterooms with at least one (1) guest over 21 years old are eligible to bring bottles of wine or champagne onboard. Pier staff will inspect the bottles and if they appear to have been tampered with they will not be allowed to be brought onboard. Guests may request a corkscrew to use for opening bottles in their stateroom.

So, provided I drink this in my cabin, no corkage fee will apply.

Happy sailing.

Correct and welcome to CC.

Edited by davekathy

Only if said wine is opened in public. One can certainly open the bottle in-cabin, pour a glass, and go anywhere on the ship with it. Just wanted to make that distinction. :)

Thanks! Good to know! We are thinking of not getting a drink package on our next cruise (Alaska), and are thinking of bringing some wine onboard to drink during dinner the first couple of nights...

You answer your own post?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, they did not respond to their own post. Someone broke a quote a bunch of quotes back and the broken quote then messes up anything that is quoted, unless someone fixes it, like I did with this post.

There is someone that constantly quotes themselves and comments on their own posts, but that is a completely different topic.

We cruised on Grandeur OTS in June and the rule was, two bottles of wine per cabin, but could not be in a carry on. Bag will go through a scanner and they will check to ensure you are bringing wine and not hard liquor. The bag will arrive with sticker indicating there is a bottle of wine in it. Open it in your room, put it in a glass and take it into the MDR. No hard liquor is allowed to be taken onboard.

We cruised on Grandeur OTS in June and the rule was, two bottles of wine per cabin, but could not be in a carry on. Bag will go through a scanner and they will check to ensure you are bringing wine and not hard liquor. The bag will arrive with sticker indicating there is a bottle of wine in it. Open it in your room, put it in a glass and take it into the MDR. No hard liquor is allowed to be taken onboard.

This is the first time I've heard that on CC. That has never been our experience on any of our cruises. A carry on bag also has to go through the security scanner.

Really? This is the first time I've ever seen someone say the wine could not be in your carry on luggage. No ship I've been on disallowed wine in carry on. Any idea why Grandeur is different?

In Port Canaveral the porters told us no wine could be put in checked luggage.....It all had to be carried on, no exceptions.

Several people on our shuttle had to fish around in their checked luggage and put their wine in their carryon's before entering the terminal.

On the oasis two years ago we put a bottle in each piece of luggage - no problem. On the anthem a few weeks ago we took a 1.5L bottle and a 3L box. Still no problem (ended up taking the bottle back with us as relatives had extra diamond club voucher drinks for us). We also prefer a bottle with a screw top, no worries at all about re-sealing it.

Two 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin not per bag. Nice try.;)

I know the 2 per cabin rule, but do they actually check that?..... if there are 4 separate bags do they actually check that the cabin has already met the limit?

for that matter, my kids are in a separate cabin.... woohoo!!.... can we at least pack 2 for our cabin and 2 for theirs?

I know the 2 per cabin rule, but do they actually check that?..... if there are 4 separate bags do they actually check that the cabin has already met the limit?

for that matter, my kids are in a separate cabin.... woohoo!!.... can we at least pack 2 for our cabin and 2 for theirs?

Maybe sometimes. No. Yes.

Hum... isn't it against the rules to bring onboard more than two bottles/boxes of wine per cabin.?Wouldn't this be similar to sharing a drink package, smuggling in Rum Runners, stealing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hum... isn't it against the rules to bring onboard more than two bottles/boxes of wine per cabin.?Wouldn't this be similar to sharing a drink package, smuggling in Rum Runners, stealing?

And of course, NO ONE shares a drink package or uses Rum Runners.