Taking wine onboard Royal Caribbean.

MmeH

This is what they gave me on Rhapsody when I forgot to bring mine. Be careful when you open and hold the bottle between your legs for leverage -- don't wear white slacks. :eek:

https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/tradeshow-promotions/simple-corkscrew.htm?imageID=461652&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwJfK7vTK1QIV2oWzCh0MVwHpEAQYASABEgLPhPD_BwE

Looks just like the Marriott one I bring on board.

We cruised on Grandeur OTS in June and the rule was, two bottles of wine per cabin, but could not be in a carry on. Bag will go through a scanner and they will check to ensure you are bringing wine and not hard liquor. The bag will arrive with sticker indicating there is a bottle of wine in it. Open it in your room, put it in a glass and take it into the MDR. No hard liquor is allowed to be taken onboard.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Never had a problem...ever...since RCI allowed two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom, bringing them on in our carry on bags (the preferred method).

I know the 2 per cabin rule, but do they actually check that?..... if there are 4 separate bags do they actually check that the cabin has already met the limit?

for that matter, my kids are in a separate cabin.... woohoo!!.... can we at least pack 2 for our cabin and 2 for theirs?

Depends how you booked it. If you booked an adult in each room & decided you are just sleeping differently once onboard you are allowed 4 bottles. 2 bottles per cabin with someone over 21 in each cabin. You probably have an 80% chance of no one stopping you if you bring all 4 bottles onboard & you and your husband are in the same cabin & your limit is two. We know plenty of people that get their bottles checked after security & before getting on. My husband & I have never had ours checked. It is more of a spot check with & apparently we do not fit the profiling for smuggling. The worst that is going to happen is they take two from you & you can get them back after the cruise if you feel like standing in line and claiming them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carry on is safer; they really man-handle some luggage. I think it is in luggage you have a chance of having to go claim your luggage and show them it is wine.

2 bottles, 750ml per room. This is actually RCI's most clearly described policy on their website.

It's right there on the website: 2 bottles per stateroom. We carry on champagne instead. And we splurge on a case of Evian (the water package). Then we fill an empty water bottle with orange juice from the buffet to have mimosas on the balcony. It works.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends how you booked it. If you booked an adult in each room & decided you are just sleeping differently once onboard you are allowed 4 bottles. 2 bottles per cabin with someone over 21 in each cabin. You probably have an 80% chance of no one stopping you if you bring all 4 bottles onboard & you and your husband are in the same cabin & your limit is two. We know plenty of people that get their bottles checked after security & before getting on. My husband & I have never had ours checked. It is more of a spot check with & apparently we do not fit the profiling for smuggling. The worst that is going to happen is they take two from you & you can get them back after the cruise if you feel like standing in line and claiming them.

"2 bottles per cabin with someone over 21 in each cabin." This is incorrect. 2 bottles per stateroom. No age requirements.

I have cruised 68 sailings. Every cruise the same question comes up.

Each line has a policy on their web site. Look it up.

Every cruise I see people having to turn in their wine AND booze on embarkation.

Every cruise I see people being asked to open their checked bags only to find a stash of wine or booze.

Some staff overlook corkage some don't.

With all that said, why not avoid the pre- cruise stress of worrying about " what can I do" and the hassle of packing and lugging contraband onboard, not to mention the time to address an embarrassing situation and time away from your vacation, when you can simply buy a glass or bottle of wine in board.

A bottle holds 4 1/2 glasses of wine. How much do you think you will save? Add corkage you may end up paying more.

Now if your brining on a very expensive bottle of fine wine or it's a special bottle not available on board then that's a different story.

Cruise stress free , buy your booze on board.

Bottle of good quality Prosecco $10 in any good wine merchants.

Glass of Prosecco in Boleros $17 (IOTS)

I'm not sure why you would post saying it's not worth the hassle? :confused:

we do the same on our way to dinner.....the drink vouchers come in handy on the way to dinner.. and now I understand you can use them in the dining room and specialty restaurants, a recent change.[/quote]

Sounds good but do you know how recent the change was made? The only reason I ask is we did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Jewel 2 and 9 April 2017. On the first leg of the cruise we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR (early MTD). On the second leg were told we couldn't. Different wait staff and no floating bar server in the MTD on the second leg.

I don't know when the change was made, but on Allure July 9-16, I didn't go to the Diamond Lounge as no other members of my family that were with me are Diamond or Diamond Plus. I got wine with dinner in the MDR as well as in Chops and Giovanni's using my benefits,

I don't know when the change was made, but on Allure July 9-16, I didn't go to the Diamond Lounge as no other members of my family that were with me are Diamond or Diamond Plus. I got wine with dinner in the MDR as well as in Chops and Giovanni's using my benefits,

Good to hear! :) Thanks for the update!

Bottle of good quality Prosecco $10 in any good wine merchants.

Glass of Prosecco in Boleros $17 (IOTS)

I'm not sure why you would post saying it's not worth the hassle? :confused:

Better yet a bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc $72 on-board if you pre-buy

Local Wine & More $10.97 a savings of $50/bottle even after corkage fee

Speaking of Sauvignon Blanc I think it's time to have a glass or two. :cool::wine-glass:

I think that is a perfectly marvelous idea!! Our happy hour time is 4pm...your post was just enough time to get those

glasses out and do a perfect pour!! :D :*

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Have taken one or two bottles of wine on every cruise since RCI changed the policy allowing pax to take on up to two bottles per stateroom. Have never once had it taken away or sent over to have it checked. Have even mentioned that the wine was in our carry on bags to security. They could not have been more uninterested.

We have sailed with friends twice in the last 3 years. We have taken 2 bottles on board as per the rules.

Our friends however, have put 2 bottles in each family member's carry on luggage. There are 4 of them staying in 2 cabins, 2 people in each cabin. That's a total of 8 bottles between 2 cabins.

They have never been stopped, questioned, or otherwise detained.

These are Sth Pacific cruises from Sydney, Australia.

I'm assuming that this is because, as we go through the process of boarding, no one ever actually checks who is in what cabin. So 2 bottles in each piece of carry on luggage doesn't look out of the ordinary.

Is it different in other parts of the world?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We have sailed with friends twice in the last 3 years. We have taken 2 bottles on board as per the rules.

Our friends however, have put 2 bottles in each family member's carry on luggage. There are 4 of them staying in 2 cabins, 2 people in each cabin. That's a total of 8 bottles between 2 cabins.

They have never been stopped, questioned, or otherwise detained.

These are Sth Pacific cruises from Sydney, Australia.

I'm assuming that this is because, as we go through the process of boarding, no one ever actually checks who is in what cabin. So 2 bottles in each piece of carry on luggage doesn't look out of the ordinary.

Is it different in other parts of the world?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Agree, there is really no checking set up on which carry on goes to which cabin, that I know of, but perhaps on college spring break cruises they are more apt to check. My sister was bringing on too much carry on, so my DH carried one of her bags, which happened to have her two bottles of wine in it. He had his carry on with our two bottles also. No one stopped him. We actually did not even think about it until later.

My quote was to another poster who thought we would have those bottles taken away or checked. I was stating in all of the cruises I have had on RCI since the new wine policy, none of those times were we checked or observed any others being checked or sent to a security table.

Please bring your own corkscrew. There MAY be one in the room. It's a small item to pack

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your stateroom attendant will bring you one. On day one, ask him to bring you a corkscrew and a set of wine glasses. If you are planning to carry them to dinner, then just ask your stateroom attendant to put a clean set of glasses in your stateroom every day.