Allure of seas August 13, 2017; new RCI changes since last year currently on board .

Met with coordinator of sales and person in charge of drink package.

If you pre cruise paid for your drink package you could be the only one in cabin that has it and not made to order for rest of your party.

However if you wait to board and want the drink package all persons over 21 must pay for it also.

We are the first sailing on Allure to go back to this requirement.

She said it is transitioning fleetwide

Just thought I'd make the time to confirm this as it was questioned earlier.

And

If I recall one of our early sailings 6-7 years ago it was all in cabin had to get if one got and you were over 21.

Sea ya

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lioness,

Do you happen to know the pre-gratuity price they are charging if you buy the drink package on board? I don't want to inconvenience you if you don't know off the top of your head. I'm trying to decide if it would better to use my c&a discount on board then buy it now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you pre cruise paid for your drink package you could be the only one in cabin that has it and not made to order for rest of your party.

However if you wait to board and want the drink package all persons over 21 must pay for it also.

And

If I recall one of our early sailings 6-7 years ago it was all in cabin had to get if one got and you were over 21.

Sea ya

Whoa, so much for their "testing period" on Harmony. [emoji16]Thanks for the info and have a great time!

That would make the most sense. It's not exactly ethical business practices to tell passengers they can pre-buy one drink package, then once on-board tell them that have to buy two.

It's not much different than them offering Internet, specialty restaurants and drink packages at one price pre cruise and then at a higher price once on board.

1. All parties must now order drink package if in same cabin and if one person orders it.

2. We had 5:30 early dinner. If your in a suite RCI changes you to MTD and encourages you to eat every night in coastal kitchen, or do MTD.

We wanted to meet new families and finally got someone to give us 5:30 dinner.

Any questions.

Post here

I will check.

Sea ya

Granted we were not in a suite but for the last few years we purchased the drink package and always had to have everyone in the cabin sign up. Only makes sense from a business plan standpoint.

Granted we were not in a suite but for the last few years we purchased the drink package and always had to have everyone in the cabin sign up. Only makes sense from a business plan standpoint.

Royal used to have this policy but for the past couple years you did not have to have everyone purchase the same package regardless of cabin category.

I am not a fan of this policy. It's one of the reason why I don't look at Carnival even as an option because this is their policy fleetwide. My fiance barely drinks, mostly beer and wine, and I enjoy it a bit more and with a bit more variety so it makes sense for me to have the package and her to just order as we go. If she must get the package, it really adds to the price of the cruise.

If you were going on a 2 week cruise it would almost be cheaper to book your fiancé in an inside cabin by herself instead of paying for a second package. You'd get double points too, plus a second bathroom[emoji41]

If you were going on a 2 week cruise it would almost be cheaper to book your fiancé in an inside cabin by herself instead of paying for a second package. You'd get double points too, plus a second bathroom[emoji41]

I do love double points :hearteyes:

And

Sea ya

I will be on Allure in November and my DH pre bought the drink package and I don't drink so i won't be getting one

I know this topic of their new drink policy has been discussed to death but I don't understand how any company can MAKE you buy something you're not going to use. Especially something that's like $400? What will they do if you don't buy it? Kick you off the ship? I just don't see how that would work. There's no way I would give someone $400 for something I wasn't going to use.

1. All parties must now order drink package if in same cabin and if one person orders it.

2. We had 5:30 early dinner. If your in a suite RCI changes you to MTD and encourages you to eat every night in coastal kitchen, or do MTD.

We wanted to meet new families and finally got someone to give us 5:30 dinner.

Any questions.

Post here

I will check.

Sea ya

There has been a lot of talk about people who can get out of this and it seems loose enough to be pointless. I assume everyone in your cabin did or didn't buy a package?

I've been feeling the traditional dining was being downplayed by the cruise line, but I think your the first to say it. I hadn't heard of suites being changed to MTD.

Exactly, no reason to doubt someone posting live from the ship.

I wonder if this could be the new norm for the drink packages, order through the cruise planner and can order for one person, order on the ship and you have to buy for all in the cabin.

Questioning is not doubting. Lioness has proven to be a pretty reliable poster, but how many people rush to be first to reply to something just because they think they know the answer?

I will be on Allure in November and my DH pre bought the drink package and I don't drink so i won't be getting one

I know this topic of their new drink policy has been discussed to death but I don't understand how any company can MAKE you buy something you're not going to use. Especially something that's like $400? What will they do if you don't buy it? Kick you off the ship? I just don't see how that would work. There's no way I would give someone $400 for something I wasn't going to use.

I don't think they will make anyone buy a package, they just won't sell a package to less than all guests in a stateroom that are 21 or over.

This is why I question Royal calling it a test. They already did this and knew hot it worked out, unless they think we have short memories or demographics have changed.

This is why I question Royal calling it a test. They already did this and knew hot it worked out, unless they think we have short memories or demographics have changed.

Maybe the difference in the economy now vs when they first did it?

I don't think they will make anyone buy a package, they just won't sell a package to less than all guests in a stateroom that are 21 or over.

Can't see them turning down that kind of money. But OK I guess that may work. Although on the flipside denying someone what they want for their vacation may give them a lot of headaches as well.

Personally it would work out for me as I don't think my DH gets the value out of it that he thinks he does and would spend less on drinks buying them one at a time. He just likes the convenience of not having to think about it while on vacation.

I was just on the Allure last week (Aug. 6-13) and stayed in a GS with my daughter and cousin (all over 21 y.o.). We had MTD, but could have changed if we wanted to, I'm sure. We only ate in the MDR one time and that was on lobster night (the second formal night). The rest of the time, we ate in various specialty restaurants or CK. We enjoyed all of the specialty restaurants, but did rank them by favorites based on food and service. None of us bought a drink package, nor were we encouraged to do so. Between the suites' perks and my Diamond C&A status, we really didn't need one. We could get free wine, beer and mixed drinks (from a limited list of spirits) every evening.

No one is making anyone buy it. If it is indeed changing then everyone has an option to either buy or not. Simply as that.

Yes.

I agree with the above poster about limited selection in the CL.

That is we we opted and paid for the drink package.

We like different blended frozen drinks and did not want to limited ourselves to the basic list opted for free.

This way we could grab a drink anytime and any bar on the ship.

I guess if you are close to the CL lounge is ok

We are on the 17th deck. And if we're at the pool I would rather have the flexibility of using SAND BAR. Instead of walking up to CL

Guess it is what meets your needs.

Sea ya

We booked one night in CHOPS and one night in COASTAL KITCHEN. When we checked today to change our day and time the attendant said what time and what day do you want. Not as popular as they thought it would be. Many open tables at all booking time. Maybe the powers that be want you to go here to open up MDR seating for my time.

The couple times we ate there the food was ok. Nothing dynamic. And if you have time to kill I guess a two meal is for you.

Need to make the CK a better enticing dining experience.

Just saying

Not saying I don't believe the person, just saying I'd like to see the documentation explaining this change in policy. Say I board next week with just me pre-purchasing the premium drink package, which is the current policy, and we get aboard Royal Caribbean says my wife now has to buy the drink package because I purchased it 6-months ago. I'm supposed to pay $400 more after we board because they decided to spring this on us last second? I'd just like to see the documentation on how this is being addressed.... thank you.

I'd like to know this as well. We are sailing 9/3 and have a couple traveling with us where He got a drink package but she chose not to. Would be interesting to know if they'll have a surprise when boarding.

Of course, I suppose I'll be able to answer this in about 18 days myself :-)

I'd like to know this as well. We are sailing 9/3 and have a couple traveling with us where He got a drink package but she chose not to. Would be interesting to know if they'll have a surprise when boarding.

Of course, I suppose I'll be able to answer this in about 18 days myself :-)

I can't see Royal Caribbean making someone pay for the package once they board if their cabin mate booked it previously..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk