Class action law suit against marketing company giving away free cruise

BillOh

The only one I'm currently getting is from "Card Services" "Your account is fine, but we can help lower your APR" What I've noticed lately is these companies are spoofing their caller ID to be a local call in the recipient's area to increase the chances of getting someone to answer.

When I stay home at work, I occasionally get calls from India telling me they are Windows Support and I have a virus. When I am in the mood and have time, I have a lot of fun with those people. Its more fun than leaving snarky remarks here!

I get those too. It's to the point now that if the number comes from the same area code and exchange as my cellphone, I don't answer it. Surprise! Not one voicemail yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am a follower of Top Class Action Lawsuits and learned about this. I entered two of the phone numbers which are eligible for the lawsuit so of course I filled it out. Will help pay for our upcoming Cruise as we got more than 3 calls on each line I hope we get the full $900 for each number confirmed on the Class Action Lawsuit website.

There are other Class Action lawsuits that I have been awarded and every bit helps pay for my vacation. I have no ounce of remorse for corporations scamming us, telemarketers tying up my phone line. We need to stop these telemarketers so any TCPA lawsuit that I am able to claim I fill out the form online and wait for the check.

Sometimes its $10 other times its been $100 or $200 and one I got $300. It really works and sometimes you have to wait for the lawsuit to settle.

The only one I'm currently getting is from "Card Services" "Your account is fine, but we can help lower your APR" What I've noticed lately is these companies are spoofing their caller ID to be a local call in the recipient's area to increase the chances of getting someone to answer.

When I stay home at work, I occasionally get calls from India telling me they are Windows Support and I have a virus. When I am in the mood and have time, I have a lot of fun with those people. Its more fun than leaving snarky remarks here!

I once played around with the Microsoft Tech Support Group I told the man that Bill Gates was with me in the room and that he told me that its a scam. So i told the guy that I am going to turn on my computer. He asked me to enter in the address so I just started typing on a keyboard that was not hooked up to the computer.

I just made up random files like India.RAR and he got pissed off and just hung up after 40 minutes.

DISCLAIMER - Because of the many unsolicited moderators on this forum (Not meaning the official ones) who will jump on any post just to add to their post count, I'll say I did a search with several terms and didn't find an existing thread. Many of us have mentioned getting calls about winning a free cruise and have seen people come here to ask questions. The story says people were promised ROYAL CARIBBEAN cruises and cruises from other lines. That out of the way I decided to start a thread here. Flame if you must.

Tonight our local news carried a story about a settlement against a particular marketing group and published a website to see if you can be part of the settlement. That website is https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Home.aspx

My home phone and cell phone are on the list. According to the site, for what its worth, I could get $900 for each line if I received 3 calls. Perhaps if I did get $1800, I'll use it for an extra cruise on possibly upgrade to a suite on one. I've been a part of class action suits before and gotten a few bucks here and there. I hope I live long enough to see if whether its 10 cents or the full amount. If I do see something more, I'll come back here.

Bill I was on a 1 month vacation and got $374 in Class Action Lawsuit Checks. 2 of my lines were on the list of alled numbers and we got more than three calls so $1800 I'll drink to that. Its paying for my April 2018 2 week Trans Atlntic Cruise so I can pay for both my Fatehr and I and then use the remainder and some of my own $$$ for an upgrade if its worth it.

I am just happy to receive $10 from these Lawsuits. I make it a point to check Top Class Action Lawsuits when I do my daily check of the news online. Its better han gambeling. If I am eligibile then I of course fill out the form. They are legitiamate and were featured on my local TV station.

Pretty much same thing here. Political calls are exempt (imagine that) and also calls from companies who have a business relationship, like a credit card company.

Don't forget charitable which may include non-profit organization.

I get those too. It's to the point now that if the number comes from the same area code and exchange as my cellphone, I don't answer it. Surprise! Not one voicemail yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Same here, they are coming in with the same exchange and as you said. Today I went ahead and answered, waited for an operator and told them I just wanted to waste their time like they were wasting mine.

Same here, they are coming in with the same exchange and as you said. Today I went ahead and answered, waited for an operator and told them I just wanted to waste their time like they were wasting mine.

I get a ton of credit cards % reduction. I must have gotten some 12-15 different numbers from the same outfit. How I know-- the voice was the same on all of them. I'm able to "call block" many of the repetitive #s, but I'm afraid I'll fully exhaust the allowable #s. Lately, I've been getting many calls regarding lower natural gas prices. TG for "caller ID & call block" features.

Best way to deal with these calls...tell the caller that you are very interested and to wait a minute while you get a pen. Set the phone down and walk away. The only downside to this, as I see it, is that you can't easily tell how long they wait before finally giving up. :D