3 for free starts on Sept 5

anthonyy7

I have a booking on the Majestic Princess in March 2019. I already have the All-Inclusive Beverage Promotion beverage package worth $1,070.65. Will I be allowed to add the 3 for 3 to my booking?

Thanks!

Tom😎

Taking a side bar. I am looking for some comments/recommendations comparing the Sip and Sail to the 3 for free on an upcoming 28 day sailing. I will be in a suite. I am not a drinker. I have many coffee cards. I am currently booked under the Sip and Sail promotion.

Questions:

Do I have until November 16th to make the switch/decision?

I know there are many "virgin" drinks I could try.

Cost factor is one consideration. Practicality is the other.

What would you do?

Thank you for your insightful responses.

Taking a side bar. I am looking for some comments/recommendations comparing the Sip and Sail to the 3 for free on an upcoming 28 day sailing. I will be in a suite. I am not a drinker. I have many coffee cards. I am currently booked under the Sip and Sail promotion.

Yes, but the promotion is capacity controlled and if you wait until the last minute to switch, it might not be available for your cruise anymore.

Also, since one of the amenities is to book an entry level cabin but be assigned to the highest available cabin of that type, by the end of the promotion there might not be any higher level cabins left to be moved up to.

Questions:

What would you do?

Do you prefer the free gratuities and the OBC as opposed to drinks you really don't drink? That is what we prefer. (you can use some of the OBC to try a few "virgin" drinks) If you are talking about that cruise in 2018, I currently have the Sip n Sail but took the OBC. Not being in a WS our gratuities are lower so I have figured that taking the 3 for free will save us $67 (OBC is lower in the 3 for free than the $250/person we have). I'll take any savings I can get!

You have to do the math to see what the per person cost is for each promotion to see what is best for you.

Questions:

What would you do?

I'm booked under the Sip & Sail even though DW won't drink enough to make it worth it for her.

Just wait until Three for Free is announced and check the prices. You would need to check the total price net of OBC on both promotions to make a decision.

However, here's the bad news. You may not be able to switch to Three for Free. I believe category S7 is sold out - I took the last one:). Unless there is an available cabin in your category, you can't change to the current promotion.

I successfully gambled to add Sip and Sail to a previous S7 booking when S7 was sold out. On the phone with a Princess representative, I asked her to rebook me to a balcony adding Sip and Sail and then to immediately rebook me back to my - now available - S7. I was lucky; no one else booked it during the short time it was available. This was one of a couple of cruises I was considering, so I took the risk. If you really want to take this specific cruise and you really want category S7, then the risk may be too high. Also, you won't even be able to make the comparison before taking the risk, since they don't quote a price unless the category is available.

Since the cabin upgrade is not applicable, I think you're better off staying with Sip and Sail and taking the optional OBC instead of AIBP if you don't think you will drink that much. I don't think the difference if any would be worth the risk of losing your cabin. We're looking forward to sailing with you and seeing you for breakfast in Sabatini's and dinner in Club Class.

If you take the OBC, you are welcome to anything you want from my two mini-bars. Together with your two mini-bars, that ought to give you quite a bit to drink.

I thought the promotion covered many more cruises in that time period than the ones listed on the flyer.

For example, cruises involving Australia or trans-Atlantic itineraries are not listed.

It's a promotional flyer with beginning prices for interior & balcony cabins for 5 cruises & 1 cruisetour. Until the cruise fare charts are released that's the only information that's currently available.

Based on the promotional email for the 3 for Free offer my TA received, these are the destinations for this promotion which includes Australia & transatlantic cruises.

Destinations

ALASKA
Alaska Cruises

Alaska Cruisetours

AMERICAS
California Coast

Canada & New England

Caribbean

Hawaii

Mexico

Panama Canal

EUROPE
British Isles

Mediterranean

Scandinavia & Russia

Transatlantic

EXOTICS
Australia & New Zealand

Japan

Majestic Grand Asia

South America

South Pacific

Southeast Asia

Hi! I have a caribe balcony booked, which is considered a premium balcony. In the description of the sale it excludes premium categories. Does that mean my caribe balcony won't be eligible for the sale?

Hi Navy wife: did you ever find out from someone here or at Princess? Same situation here. :)

Hi Navy wife: did you ever find out from someone here or at Princess? Same situation here. :)

Hi! Nope, I never received any replies. I'm booked on a 28 day in Oct 2018. I guess I will call on Sept 5 to find out what my options are.

NavyVeteran - I didn't even think about the fact that all the WS are sold out so therefore no pricing. On a previous cruise we changed from a balcony to a deluxe balcony because our balcony category was sold out (it was less expensive than what we booked the balcony for). Of course, as soon as I did that our original balcony became available with a lower fare. Because we go through a TA I felt silly saying I wanted my old balcony back. It wouldn't surprise me though if people do this all the time. We took the cruise in the deluxe balcony and enjoyed the little couch.

Hi! I have a caribe balcony booked, which is considered a premium balcony. In the description of the sale it excludes premium categories. Does that mean my caribe balcony won't be eligible for the sale?

According to the Princess flyer, the note about premium categories applies to FREE Stateroom Location Upgrade only - it does not apply to FREE Gratuities or to FREE Onboard Spending Money. You can book a suite or premium category cabin under the THREE FOR FREE sale but it is then only a TWO FOR FREE SALE - you would receive the free gratuities and the free OBC but no free stateroom upgrade.

Just received information from my TA about the 3 for Free promotion beginning on 9/5/17 which shows the OBC amounts. It's valid for up to 4 passengers in any type of cabin and has a $100 refundable deposit.

3 for FREE

Last year, we gave 3 for FREE to two guests per booking. This time around, it’s even more awesome – all guests in a stateroom can enjoy this deal! There’s something for every client too, since all destinations are on sale, from Summer 2018 - Spring 2019.

During 3 for FREE, your clients get:
FREE stateroom location upgrade

FREE gratuities††
(a value of up to $15.50 per guest, per day)

FREE onboard spending money‡‡
(a value of up to $150 per guest)

FREE Onboard Spending Money!‡‡
spacer.gif
Cruise Length
Onboard spending money

per guest, for all 4 guests
spacer.gif
6 - 9 Days$75 USD10 - 12 Days$100 USD 13+ Days$150 USD

Voyages

6- to 60-day Cruises & Cruisetours, sailing Summer 2018 - Spring 2019

Destinations

ALASKA
Alaska Cruises

Alaska Cruisetours

AMERICAS
California Coast

Canada & New England

Caribbean

Hawaii

Mexico

Panama Canal

EUROPE
British Isles

Mediterranean

Scandinavia & Russia

Transatlantic

EXOTICS
Australia & New Zealand

Japan

Majestic Grand Asia

South America

South Pacific

Southeast Asia

If we already have a cruise booked but it's before final payment do you think we can upgrade?

If we already have a cruise booked but it's before final payment do you think we can upgrade?

You can rebook under the current promotion. You will get the price and percs of the current promotion, but you will lose all of the percs of the original booking. Look at the net price to see if it's a good deal.

This works only if your category has cabins available under the current promotion. If your category is sold out, then Princess will not quote a price under the current promotion and you cannot rebook - you can either change category or cancel and hope you can get your old cabin back.

NavyVeteran - I didn't even think about the fact that all the WS are sold out so therefore no pricing. On a previous cruise we changed from a balcony to a deluxe balcony because our balcony category was sold out (it was less expensive than what we booked the balcony for). Of course, as soon as I did that our original balcony became available with a lower fare. Because we go through a TA I felt silly saying I wanted my old balcony back. It wouldn't surprise me though if people do this all the time. We took the cruise in the deluxe balcony and enjoyed the little couch.

I don't know whether or not the WS are sold out, since WS are no longer listed on the Princess website. Until Princess fixes their website problem, I guess you will have to call them (or your travel agent) to see if any WS are available on any specific cruise and, if so, what their current price is.

I don't know whether or not the WS are sold out, since WS are no longer listed on the Princess website. Until Princess fixes their website problem, I guess you will have to call them (or your travel agent) to see if any WS are available on any specific cruise and, if so, what their current price is.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I am booked in a balcony. I told cr8tiv1 about the cruise and she booked the WS and told you about it.(she sent us both an email) I was responding to her and your posts about the fact that if the WS are sold out (when she booked there was only one other WS showing available) then there will be no pricing when the 3 for free comes out so she would not be able to change promotions.

Hi NavyVeteran,

Thanks so much for the reply. I am currently booked under the sip n sail. Considering the price of the AIBP for a 28 day cruise versus getting free gratuities and $150 pp OBC. I will probably keep my current promo. I really like my current cabin. Thanks again, I'm so glad I joined CC so I can get questions answered.

TJ

What's the difference between Sip and Sail and AIBP? Guess I am stuck with the Sip and Sail promotion. Glad NavyVeteran will be onboard to carry me back to my stateroom. Wish I had known before...that I could raid his mini bar!

What's the difference between Sip and Sail and AIBP? Guess I am stuck with the Sip and Sail promotion. Glad NavyVeteran will be onboard to carry me back to my stateroom. Wish I had known before...that I could raid his mini bar!

Aloha Renee...the Sip + Sail promotion includes either the AIBP with any drink $10 or less or instead to get OBC. For us the $300 of OBC on a 7-day cruise was our best option. I don't recall the amount for solo cruisers but it should be listed in the S+S terms & conditions.

I am a little slow so I am asking the question of those who are in the know.

I have booked, but not paid for, a balcony room on the Grand for a 10 day San Francisco to Alaska cruise on June 25th, 2018. I have already qualified for the Sip n Sail promotion. That is a done deal.

If the Price for the room does not go up would we be entitled to additional benefits of the 3 for Free promotion?

I am not sure I want to upgrade our room (we like the location C333) unless it is into a mini suite but the OBC would be awesome.

Straighten me out gang I depend on it.

Aloha Renee...the Sip + Sail promotion includes either the AIBP with any drink $10 or less or instead to get OBC. For us the $300 of OBC on a 7-day cruise was our best option. I don't recall the amount for solo cruisers but it should be listed in the S+S terms & conditions.

I was told $150

I am a little slow so I am asking the question of those who are in the know.

I have booked, but not paid for, a balcony room on the Grand for a 10 day San Francisco to Alaska cruise on June 25th, 2018. I have already qualified for the Sip n Sail promotion. That is a done deal.

If the Price for the room does not go up would we be entitled to additional benefits of the 3 for Free promotion?

I am not sure I want to upgrade our room (we like the location C333) unless it is into a mini suite but the OBC would be awesome.

Straighten me out gang I depend on it.

You can't stack these kinds of deals. So you would either keep sip and sail or you would give that up and take 3 for free.

You wouldn't have to give up your cabin. Usually what has happened in the past is all the cabins (minus any premium designated cabin) within the category are priced the same as the lowest cabin in that category, thus giving you a "free upgrade". Or atleast that's the way I have seen it done in the past.

What's the difference between Sip and Sail and AIBP? Guess I am stuck with the Sip and Sail promotion.

There is still one S7 cabin available for the 28 day cruise from LA to Sydney (F315). If it is still available when Three for Free comes out, you could ask for a price quote to see if you want to change. They also have one S7 available for the 20 day cruise from LA to Auckland (F301). Until Princess fixes their website, you should be able to check availability on any travel agency website - I checked two of the big ones and they still show S7 availability. So your're not stuck with Sip and Sail yet.

Glad NavyVeteran will be onboard to carry me back to my stateroom.

But who's going to carry me back to mine?:)

Wish I had known before...that I could raid his mini bar!

Who needs a mini-bar with the AIBP? I can usually manage to walk far enough to get to a bar when I need a drink.:)