re meat pies

28 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Les, I saw an article on the Herald Sun website in their Escape section about the fish and chips at the Boatshed at Bateman's Bay. The author thought the meal was the best fish and chips she had ever had. 

It's time to jump in the car and head straight for these fish and chips. Picture: Kirrily Schwarz

Innes Boatshed, Batemans Bay, Batemans Bay

looks great Leigh..... and the best thing is that it is TA Fish and Chips tonight

serve with Salad, some vegetables and Riesling     with a candle and serviettes 

now looking forward to dinner..... Cheers Don  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

looks great Leigh..... and the best thing is that it is TA Fish and Chips tonight

serve with Salad, some vegetables and Riesling     with a candle and serviettes 

now looking forward to dinner..... Cheers Don  

Leigh and Don...That is Innes Boatshed, the Mayors family own and run it, I have had a few feeds from there, very good, not sure if it is the best, but very close. You can takeaway or eat in, bit rough though and byo grog. The family also operate the pleasure cruiser up and down the Clyde River. The new bridge might be open mid next year , no need to open that one for shipping.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Les, I saw an article on the Herald Sun website in their Escape section about the fish and chips at the Boatshed at Bateman's Bay. The author thought the meal was the best fish and chips she had ever had. 

It's time to jump in the car and head straight for these fish and chips. Picture: Kirrily Schwarz

Innes Boatshed, Batemans Bay, Batemans Bay

It is very good and very popular Leigh, eat in or takeaway, right on the water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I have always enjoyed my feed from there.

Bernys @ Beach Rd, Batehaven is also great fish and chips, often they have a bit of fresh fish to choose from. They have their own oyster leases too. You can get oysters kilpatrick to take away, dressed and ready to grill at home.

th.jpg.419112868711b207628c632622331cdc.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

Back to pies. Last night I needed some comfort food so this lamb and vegetable pie made its way to the table.  Serving is not my forte. Glass of shiraz to wash it down.

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Looks a lot of healthy filling in the pie.  Was it from a bakery or supermarket?

30 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Looks a lot of healthy filling in the pie.  Was it from a bakery or supermarket?

Local South Coast Butchers Pantry was the supplier. Buy pies with pastry uncooked and cook at home. They make Beef, Chicken and Leek, and Lamb and Vegetable pies as well as lots of other easy meals.  My go to place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dillpickle48 said:

Back to pies. Last night I needed some comfort food so this lamb and vegetable pie made its way to the table.  Serving is not my forte. Glass of shiraz to wash it down.

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Like your wine glass mate, must hold 300ml full. Plenty of filling in the pie, superb. Many butchers down here are producing meat pies of various kinds, quite popular.

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

looks great when whole, and as for how it is served up, that way saves cutting it up into bite sized pieces.

Sort of deconstructed Mic ?  Trendy and the contents within look superb, carrots, cauliflower, plenty of meat, the whole box and dice in there, as Jamie Oliver would say 'Get stuck in. !!'

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, dillpickle48 said:

Local South Coast Butchers Pantry was the supplier. Buy pies with pastry uncooked and cook at home. They make Beef, Chicken and Leek, and Lamb and Vegetable pies as well as lots of other easy meals.  My go to place.

Great to have such a good local South Coast Butchers Pantry.  It would be my go to place also.  Have Had lots of great small pies, but that is the best big pie I've seen.  I have noticed butcher shops now selling a lot more "heat up at home" type prepared good food.  

59 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Great to have such a good local South Coast Butchers Pantry.  It would be my go to place also.  Have Had lots of great small pies, but that is the best big pie I've seen.  I have noticed butcher shops now selling a lot more "heat up at home" type prepared good food.  

It is in Greenwell Point, Shoalhaven, (near Nowra.) Bit far for me to go.

2 hours ago, dillpickle48 said:

I did say presentation was not my go but I had no trouble pouring the shiraz.

glad to see you have your priorities right...... Dillpickle...

""I had no trouble pouring the shiraz.""

Tonight   no pie   but is does involve Shiraz, beef, onions garlic, and pastry

served with chips.......  ( beef wellington ( no gumboots lol ))

Cheers Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Eating a Chicken Pie would be me living on the edge.

Done it once... living on the edge.....

standing at the edge of an active volcanic crater...

Otherwise I am boring..... 

but doesn't everything besides Beef taste like chicken.....lol

Cheers Don

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Done it once... living on the edge.....

standing at the edge of an active volcanic crater...

Otherwise I am boring..... 

but doesn't everything besides Beef taste like chicken.....lol

Cheers Don

In that article they said they come home exhausted BUT with a big smile on their faces.