re meat pies

38 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

yes, leave for home tomorrow after 7 1/2 weeks away.

Not sure if you will want to come home. Today had a max of 9 degrees and at present (7pm) it is 3.1 with a real feel of 0.6 (Balmy as the wind has dropped so not feeling as cold as earlier when it was into the minuses).

7 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Not sure if you will want to come home. Today had a max of 9 degrees and at present (7pm) it is 3.1 with a real feel of 0.6 (Balmy as the wind has dropped so not feeling as cold as earlier when it was into the minuses).

ah well, Lucky I love home, besides it is normally 22 degrees in the house.

• Like 2

Your fare sounds delicious, Leigh.  Yes, it’s freezing here, but I actually love winter.  Huge dumps of snow in the resorts, and more predicted during the week.  We couldn’t resist dropping into Garran Bakery, though, using a bitter winter day as the perfect excuse.  Tomorrow’s lunch😋. We are blessed to have hydronic underfloor heating throughout our home.  It emanates a soft, radiant warmth when you come in from the cold.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Your fare sounds delicious, Leigh.  Yes, it’s freezing here, but I actually love winter.  Huge dumps of snow in the resorts, and more predicted during the week.  We couldn’t resist dropping into Garran Bakery, though, using a bitter winter day as the perfect excuse.  Tomorrow’s lunch😋. We are blessed to have hydronic underfloor heating throughout our home.  It emanates a soft, radiant warmth when you come in from the cold.  

It's interesting Linda re heating, our house is quite small and we have a gas space heater in our living area. Our elder granddaughter said she loves our heater as it warms her up as they have ducted heating. I think it is just that she can see the red of the gas burning and it makes the room feel warm, which it is of course. Whereas the ducted heating doesn't have the same effect. 

Enjoy your lunch. We have leftover pie from last night. I am just going to put on the slow cooker to cook up some bolagnese sauce.

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

It's interesting Linda re heating, our house is quite small and we have a gas space heater. Our elder granddaughter said she loves our heater as it warms her p as they have ducted 

I agree with her sentiments.  It’s comforting standing in front of a heat source.  We do have a stone-flame open gas heater in the living room, which we only switch on if we have guests in there on a winter’s evening.  That’s when we remember how soothing an open fire (or gas space heat source in your case) truly is. It’s a ritual that’s part if our genetic memory, I think, to feel the connection between flame and body warmth.  It’s interesting though, that our floors only need to be at a minimal setting for comfort.  I think that has a lot to do with warm feet, warm bodies.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

Left overs? My wife and I years ago ate one of those Woolies family pies for dinner, no lefties, lol.

Hahaha, I can relate to that - I love pies and could happily eat half a family sized one all on my lonesome 😋

• Like 1

Shock, horror, media is reporting. 40% drop in sale of meat pies, get to it guys, get stuck into to ye olde dogs eyes, 🥧 food of the nation. Cruise ships should have them available every day. Perhaps we need a few Greggs shops here?

greggs.jpg.de0cfc56caae998ef8251b886dbcdbb6.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

Shock, horror, media is reporting. 40% drop in sale of meat pies, get to it guys, get stuck into to ye olde dogs eyes, 🥧 food of the nation. Cruise ships should have them available every day. Perhaps we need a few Greggs shops here?

We're doing our bit in Penrith 🙂 

image.thumb.png.8caec363040da4d63da4ecf5232e5820.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mr walker said:

We're doing our bit in Penrith 🙂 

image.thumb.png.8caec363040da4d63da4ecf5232e5820.png

Since my return on Monday I had my first fish and chips yesterday (my local fish and chippery is closed on Tuesdays) so I should have a pie (or two) today to make up for lost time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We had party pies & sausage rolls as our traditional State of Origin Rugby League dinner last night. Unfortunately our team got beaten, but the food & beers were good 😊 

Edited by mr walker
Typo
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, mr walker said:

We had party pies & sausage rolls as our traditional State of Origin Rugby League dinner last night. Unfortunately our team got beaten, but the food & beers were good 😊 

Good night to be a Queenslander.  Party pies and sausage rolls would have been better  than my packet of chips. 

16 hours ago, beatleman said:

Just heard the news the icon lolly of our youth is to be discontinued,lost to theater goers forever😭 Fantails are no more R.I.P.😥

One of my favourites. :classic_sad:

• Like 1