Where is Liberty and How are Things On board?

On Liberty, We had medical emergencys and maybe we are hurrying to get them off. Also many are getting off in Miami for a limited amount of flights, so some took a really early flight hoping to make it.

As far as September 3 cruise goes, I think that is a wait and see. As of right now on the FAA page, IAH is closed until noon on the 31st and Hobby until noon on the 30th. I personally think that might be placeholder and the actual date time could be anywhere within a few days around that. Then it will take a couple of days to get everything completely repositioned. Driving should be passable by then. However, there will be massive delays and who knows about structural integrity of the roadbeds. May be quite a few washouts and collapses.

Should I even mention that the GFS model was hinting at another tropical system near the Texas coast next week? Crossing fingers that one is just a one run blip and doesn't pan out.

They announced last night the entire ship is clearing customs/immigration in Miami. We look to be about an hour away now according to the maps on the stateroom tv. Those disembarking will clear off the ship. Those continuing on back to Galveston will clear onboard and get a wrist band. Once they have 100% clearance they will let people off. They have a complimentary bus running to go to a nearby mall (can't remember the name) and said all aboard will be around midnight Miami time.

They are having 2 comedians and 2 headliners come on in miami for new shows. They did In the Air again last night. We are receiving new cruise compasses each day since the extended part of our cruise. The staff on board is really doing a good job with what they have been given.

My group of 6 is getting off today and flying home to PHX. I will try to update again once we make port.

They announced last night the entire ship is clearing customs/immigration in Miami. We look to be about an hour away now according to the maps on the stateroom tv. Those disembarking will clear off the ship. Those continuing on back to Galveston will clear onboard and get a wrist band. Once they have 100% clearance they will let people off. They have a complimentary bus running to go to a nearby mall (can't remember the name) and said all aboard will be around midnight Miami time.

They are having 2 comedians and 2 headliners come on in miami for new shows. They did In the Air again last night. We are receiving new cruise compasses each day since the extended part of our cruise. The staff on board is really doing a good job with what they have been given.

My group of 6 is getting off today and flying home to PHX. I will try to update again once we make port.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I can't imagine the what the comedians coming on board today are preparing for a show. I don't know? What do you think will it be a tough audience for them? LOL.

Oh well. I pulled the Port of Miami Dock report for today. it shows The Liberty of the Seas docking at 11:30Am leaving at 11:00PM.

My interest in the ship is that I am meeting a lady in the Liberty that ran out of meds and I am bringing her replacement meds.

Please keep posting, let us know where you are, when you dock, so I can start driving towards the port. Thank you.

Cheers.

I wonder what's the rush to get out of Miami - no ship is due in for a few days.

Good question. It costs money to be tied up at the port? Can cruise at a lower speed back to Galveston and save fuel?

Who knows. Maybe Galveston opens earlier and they can do more maintenance on the ship??

Maybe someone from the company can expand.

Cheers.

That should make for an an empty ride on the way to Galveston.

Biker, who wonders if any upgrades will offered or requested.

Does any body know if the cars left by the cruise passengers in Galveston are in good condition? Ids the port parking lot elevated? Protected?

Does any body know if the cars left by the cruise passengers in Galveston are in good condition? Ids the port parking lot elevated? Protected?

The port of Galveston posted 18 pictures yesterday of the parking lots. Cars were high and dry at that point. There were big puddles to enter one of the lots, but looked drive-able.

I have been looking at the webcams this morning, there is flooding on the Strand cam, no cars on some streets. No cam shows parking lots so not sure how they are today and port has not updated yet.

The port tweeted a couple of times that their parking lots were dry, but access roads flooded. I haven't checked for recent updates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The port of Galveston posted 18 pictures yesterday of the parking lots. Cars were high and dry at that point. There were big puddles to enter one of the lots, but looked drive-able.

I have been looking at the webcams this morning, there is flooding on the Strand cam, no cars on some streets. No cam shows parking lots so not sure how they are today and port has not updated yet.

Ah thank you for that info. it will help some people makeup their minds to disembark herein MIA or go back to Galveston.

That should make for an an empty ride on the way to Galveston.

Biker, who wonders if any upgrades will offered or requested.

Yes, everyone gets a balcony and a lot of people upgraded to a suite. I am guessing that this might happen. Who knows? They may decide to keep everyone where they are, to keep life simple and make it easier on the crew, but it would make sense to offer new cabins to people. I have no idea what they will do.

I imagine the flowrider line could be short..... wish I was on this cruise!!!!:evilsmile:

JC

Ah thank you for that info. it will help some people makeup their minds to disembark herein MIA or go back to Galveston.

I just checked for a parking update and found one for EZ Cruise parking. There is a video from less than an hour ago and they are saying their outdoor parking has flooding.

Hopefully this video link works:

Doesn't look great, please don't base their decision on my posts.

I wonder what's the rush to get out of Miami - no ship is due in for a few days.

It's not just the cruise ship traffic here in the Port. There are other vessels and container ships going in and out and the timing of those.

For those getting off here in Miami, it's sunny with some big white clouds over the port here at 10:47. I'll post when I see the ship pulling in. I wake up every morning to the ships all being docked and get to see them leave. Rarely do I get to watch them come in!

Could you imagine, if you had driven your car to Galveston and parked it in a lot that might be flooded. Trying to deal with that mess after a cruise could cause a lot of heartburn.

I feel for those on board worrying about details like that. Or if you are from the area, and wondering about your home and pets, etc. Those are topics worthy of hundreds of posts.

JMHO and YMMV

JC