Where is Liberty and How are Things On board?

In their defense, I also saw the evacuation information posted on weather.com website, though I do not see it now. It said it was because the island was running out of fuel and food (which seems silly to me, as how could they run out this soon??)

The huge problem with the Media; not facts, but hype for ratings.

The misinformation is horrendous and can be deadly.

And WHERE did you get this information?

Misinformation can be deadly!!!

FACTS:

The City of Galveston is fine AND has been!

The mainland has flooded roads - NOT Galveston!

We are NOT being airlifted off the Island! Evacuees from the mainland are to be airlifted to cities further north. They DID NOT live on the Island!

We are NOT out of food OR supplies! Grocers are open and receiving deliveries! Restaurants are open! City Hall is open!

How do I know this? I LIVE here! mid town, 20 blocks to the port!

We NEVER lost power, only minor street flooding due to heavy rain - drained!!!

Cable, satellite and internet working! In our 1867 home with A/C - NO ISSUES!!!

Also very much involved with the City; met with City Manager this morning offering assistance to our emergency personnel. All is good and quiet.

Before EVER stating something, confirm facts first!

Sorry, I read it here... Please excuse my ignorance if I misread this...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/08/28/state-of-texas-evacuating-galveston-county-residents/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/08/28/state-of-texas-evacuating-galveston-county-residents/

You didn't do anything wrong, you just commented on what you read. Some get very touchy whenever Galveston is mentioned.

In their defense, I also saw the evacuation information posted on weather.com website, though I do not see it now. It said it was because the island was running out of fuel and food (which seems silly to me, as how could they run out this soon??)

Thank you! That's where I read it, but also found a CBS link with the same story! I'm relieved it's not true!

I am in Galveston now because royal kept sending me messages that everything was a go. We came down Friday to beat the rain. After we got here and saw what was happening I couldn't see how they were going to get into a closed port that kept saying Port Closed Until Thursday. Now I am stuck here paying a hotel bill all this time not knowing when we can even get off the island. Called royal. That's a joke. The 25% future cruise credit has to be a newly booked cruise. Won't let us apply it to any of the 12 cruises we have already booked. Can I say GREED. I could vent some more but my problems with royal don't even come close to the pitiful things happening in Houston. The hurricane is supposed to go out over the gulf and come right back in over Galveston and Houston. I have no idea when we will ever get home. Royal said to come, right up to the last minute. They have put me in harms way. I know some will flame me for even coming down in the first place but they have no idea what they are talking about.

Sent from my SM-G920V

using Forums mobile app

Again your posting something you don't understand. To correct your post you need to change it to read Galveston county is evacuating. The difference mainland vs Galveston Island.

NOT GALVESTON SINCE YOU AE NOT FROM HERE

you don't understand what your posting.

Do your own research so you can understand what your posting.

Liberty does not depart from Galveston till Sunday afternoon. Tell us all how many days is that?

Portions of Galveston County are indeed under water. The city of Dickinson now has a mandatory evacuation with only the EMA, first responders, and NWS staying behind as of nightfall I believe. But that's the mainland portion of Galveston COUNTY not the island.

I am in Galveston now because royal kept sending me messages that everything was a go. We came down Friday to beat the rain. After we got here and saw what was happening I couldn't see how they were going to get into a closed port that kept saying Port Closed Until Thursday. Now I am stuck here paying a hotel bill all this time not knowing when we can even get off the island. Called royal. That's a joke. The 25% future cruise credit has to be a newly booked cruise. Won't let us apply it to any of the 12 cruises we have already booked. Can I say GREED. I could vent some more but my problems with royal don't even come close to the pitiful things happening in Houston. The hurricane is supposed to go out over the gulf and come right back in over Galveston and Houston. I have no idea when we will ever get home. Royal said to come, right up to the last minute. They have put me in harms way. I know some will flame me for even coming down in the first place but they have no idea what they are talking about.

I seriously doubt you were ever "in harms way". People in Houston, on the other hand, are truly in harms way.

You are in a bad situation no doubt about and RCCL handled this scenario very poorly. The forecast track for Harvey was astonishly good. The intensity forecast not so good but the QPF (rainfall) forecast DAYS in advance showed 25-40 inches between Houston and Victoria.

The only positive thing I got for you is at least it's not your home being flooded out. I have friends there and they are in a bad way. But yeah you have reason to be frustrated regardless of what some other might feel.

WOW - all the hate and the bullying I have read on this thread has been amazing and has broken my heart. I have friends on board and just want to know how everyone was doing. Glad to hear all is well for those on the ship. Prays to the people in TX.

Actually, you have every right to be upset. I believe this is the part that Royal did terribly with, telling customers to show or else. This one thing alone created the most dangerous of things. The people on Liberty are safe for the most part but customers like you and others who tried to get there because Royal refused to make any changes is the real issue.

You didn't do anything wrong, you just commented on what you read. Some get very touchy whenever Galveston is mentioned.

Amen to that! I'm sorry I ever mentioned it...

I have a friend in Friendswood, TX and was following this thread thinking I'd find out some of what's going on in the area. My bad! I will no longer be following this thread.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who are affected...

Going to try this again.

The City of Galveston is fine.

There will be airvac of evacuees from the Island - they came from the mainland - more than likely Dickinson, but I am not sure. So don't quote!

No one that lives here is being airvac'd out.

All I ask, with any disaster anywhere, is to check facts with local municipalities as national news or non local news has a tendency to distort and not check facts.

For the person stuck here: Sorry but it could be so much worse. The same happened to us in Rome. We survived and lived to tell about it. Everyone wants to hear a decision - which is a 50-50 crap shoot; damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The good news is Harvey is a tropical storm and will not form into a hurricane, only bringing some wind and rain.

The City is more than blessed being safe. So many have lost so much.

Just an fyi: Our son and his family lost their home for the 2nd time in 15 months. We can't get to them as they are north of Houston.

Going to try this again.

The City of Galveston is fine.

There will be airvac of evacuees from the Island - they came from the mainland - more than likely Dickinson, but I am not sure. So don't quote!

No one that lives here is being airvac'd out.

All I ask, with any disaster anywhere, is to check facts with local municipalities as national news or non local news has a tendency to distort and not check facts.

For the person stuck here: Sorry but it could be so much worse. The same happened to us in Rome. We survived and lived to tell about it. Everyone wants to hear a decision - which is a 50-50 crap shoot; damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The good news is Harvey is a tropical storm and will not form into a hurricane, only bringing some wind and rain.

The City is more than blessed being safe. So many have lost so much.

Just an fyi: Our son and his family lost their home for the 2nd time in 15 months. We can't get to them as they are north of Houston.

its called #FAKENEWS . Looking for ratings a viewers.

Actually, you have every right to be upset. I believe this is the part that Royal did terribly with, telling customers to show or else. This one thing alone created the most dangerous of things. The people on Liberty are safe for the most part but customers like you and others who tried to get there because Royal refused to make any changes is the real issue.

They certainly did not say that. Show me

You can check ebfurrs thread or others who have posted in the various threads being told Friday Saturday even Sunday morning the sailing was on, get to Galveston or risk losing your money. Many traveled before the rains got bad and are stuck; unable to even fly home.

You're joking right?

People call RCCL on Friday

Caller: Hey this Harvey is looking pretty mean. Any chance the sailing will be canceled or I shouldn't go to the port?

RCCL: No. You need to proceed as planned. The sailing is still on.

Caller: What if I don't feel comfortable making the trip.

RCCL: You risk losing your fare unless you have the applicable insurance.

There's not doubt reading the multiple threads folks were told that.

WPC painted 25-40 inches of rain over the Houston-Galveston areas for days but I'll be damned that sailing was going to go on as planned.

Did you not see this update:

August 26, 2017

Liberty of the Seas is keeping a safe distance behind the storm and is currently making her way back to Galveston. Our intention is to keep with our original schedule return to Galveston on Sunday. However, because of the path and progression of Hurricane Harvey, the situation remains uncertain and the Port of Galveston remains closed. We ask that guests scheduled to sail on Liberty of the Seas tomorrow not proceed to the port until we let you know it is okay to do so.

We will provide you with another update on August 26 at 9 p.m. CT.

Did you not see this update:

August 26, 2017

Liberty of the Seas is keeping a safe distance behind the storm and is currently making her way back to Galveston. Our intention is to keep with our original schedule return to Galveston on Sunday. However, because of the path and progression of Hurricane Harvey, the situation remains uncertain and the Port of Galveston remains closed. We ask that guests scheduled to sail on Liberty of the Seas tomorrow not proceed to the port until we let you know it is okay to do so.

We will provide you with another update on August 26 at 9 p.m. CT.

RCCL issued that update on the morning of August 26th (maybe midday).

He was already at the port on August 25th. In hindsight, he perhaps could have turned around and left but the NWS office in Houston issued their first flash flood warning for Harris and Galveston county at 1327 UTC (827 AM CDT) Saturday morning. That was before RCCL's first press release.

Amen to that! I'm sorry I ever mentioned it...

I have a friend in Friendswood, TX and was following this thread thinking I'd find out some of what's going on in the area. My bad! I will no longer be following this thread.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who are affected...

Our TA moved to San Antonio area a few years back and is OK, but she owns a house in Friendswood. The renters had to be evacuated with 4-5' of water in the house. Hope the rain stops soon so folks in the area can start cleaning up!

Wow; that's a pretty wicked response. How do you know what they said to people? All you have to do is read all the first hand experiences on the boards and facebook to know that it's true.