Where is Liberty and How are Things On board?

According to several onboard they are extending the drinks and internet for free on Liberty. This was posted on a Facebook live feed and she recorded guest serviced telling her it was free so people would believe her. Also confirmed by another guest on board now.

"Barry" said he had to pay.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53907191&postcount=1086

You have to understand that Houston was not expecting all the rain until later when they said the worst scenario would be if the hurricane stalled over in the area and it happened. 2.3 million people didn't evacuate either. Are you goin to blame RCI for that as well? They take info from harbor masters, information from airports and when it was apparent that they would be closed and no buses were available, they made contingency plans. You must be mad that you aren't on the next cruise, grow up.

Mad because if they were booked on the next cruise they'd be demanding a 10,000% refund, $50,000 in OBC and 1000 C&A points from "greedy" RC for their inability to control the weather... and then still complain if they got it.

Mad because if they were booked on the next cruise they'd be demanding a 10,000% refund, $50,000 in OBC and 1000 C&A points from "greedy" RC for their inability to control the weather... and then still complain if they got it.

More like "inability to read the National Weather Service's flood, storm surge and hurricane warnings for three days".

According to several onboard they are extending the drinks and internet for free on Liberty. This was posted on a Facebook live feed and she recorded guest serviced telling her it was free so people would believe her. Also confirmed by another guest on board now.

Nice, thanks for the update.

I know most of you are seasoned cruisers, who hasn't come into Galveston and hit the fog, who hasn't had the engine trouble that caused a change in itinerary( although Carnival totally took care of us on that one) my Honeymoon cruise was up in the air due to hurricane Marylynn in 95 as to which ports in the S.Carib we would actually see as they kept getting whiped out till the day we left. This the life of cruising and we all do it because we love it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know that RCL had no control over what happened but I hope that the FCC gets increased from the 25% reported earlier for those that were supposed to board today

Especially since RCI waited until today to tell them not to bother showing up.

RCI were the only ones that did not know .....when everybody else said stay home they claimed they will sail anyway!

I am not effected by this at all - but I know RCI is greedy and will do nothing for their passengers....all they care about is money and NOT customer satisfaction!

As you are obviously not onboard Liberty at this present time, it's sometimes better to say nothing instead of speculating.

It's difficult enough for people involved without you rambling on.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

RCI were the only ones that did not know .....when everybody else said stay home they claimed they will sail anyway!

I am not effected by this at all - but I know RCI is greedy and will do nothing for their passengers....all they care about is money and NOT customer satisfaction!

Carnival also hoped to get their three ships in and out in a window today/tomorrow, which is why they are all in the area. Of course, they also allowed folk to cancel at an early stage, but it is clear from social media that they too have pax in the Houston/Galveston area who hoped to sail tomorrow.

At this point, RCI actually has a clearer plan for the next few days than Carnival.

Another question....normally due to US Shipping Regs, they couldn't go from Miami to Galveston with passengers on board without hitting a foreign port. If they allow folks to stay on the ship in Miami and return to Galveston later this week, how are they getting around this?

I would think they consider this just a continuation of the cruise that originated in Galveston. Miami is just a port stop. Besides, they did visit a foreign port.

You have to understand that Houston was not expecting all the rain until later when they said the worst scenario would be if the hurricane stalled over in the area and it happened. 2.3 million people didn't evacuate either. Are you goin to blame RCI for that as well? They take info from harbor masters, information from airports and when it was apparent that they would be closed and no buses were available, they made contingency plans. You must be mad that you aren't on the next cruise, grow up.

you got 34 post & and most of them sound like you work for RCL, but back to Harvey

The port of Galveston closed on the port Thursday stated they would reopen on Tuesday

if you were listening to the weather forcast on Friday and Saturday thats exactly what they were saying. RCL meterorologist says they would dock on Sunday.

pun intended RCL missed the Boat

They screwed everybody that followed their advice and went to TX to board today.....then they cancelled on very short notice when their magic failed...RCI sucks!:mad:

Then why do you go on their ships or is this forum just so you can insult anyone or company you disagree with?

Another question....normally due to US Shipping Regs, they couldn't go from Miami to Galveston with passengers on board without hitting a foreign port. If they allow folks to stay on the ship in Miami and return to Galveston later this week, how are they getting around this?

Maybe considering it part of the original cruise and they have already been to a foreign port. If they took on new passengers, or charged more, for final leg of the cruise I think it might be a different story.

They made an announcement earlier today about the cost per day of the various drink packages if you would like to sign up for them for the remainder of the cruise. Perhaps people complained and they are just continuing those that have the packages and not charging. I don't drink so I don't know. As for the question about the kids club it is opened. They have activities scheduled through the rest of the day. The pool and slides are open. I have a wifi package that I purchased prior to the cruise and it is still working but is really slow. We have had great internet on the ship until today- I think everyone is on it changing flights and talking to loved ones at home.

As you are obviously not onboard Liberty at this present time, it's sometimes better to say nothing instead of speculating.

It's difficult enough for people involved without you rambling on.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

this would be a great time for you to take your on advice:cool:

I realize some of the passengers currently on board have to deal with problems like missing work/school, flight changes etc. But, I feel worst for those booked to board today. I think Royal waited way too long to officially cancel that cruise and it's a shame some of them actually flew or drove into the disaster area.

I am not big on corporations being responsible for individual damages as that is what personal responsibility and travel insurance is for. I think the compensation of full refund for the cancelled cruise and a 25% credit on a future cruise is fine. But, I do fault Royal for delaying the decision to officially cancel the cruise as it did not allow those booked to adjust their travel plans in time.

On board the Liberty now. We will go to Miami and you have the option of getting off or sailing back to Galveston.

That sounds great. I hope everyone gets off. I've sent on GPS that I-45 is closed until September 1st...

Don't quote me, I only saw it on GPS.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Carnival also hoped to get their three ships in and out in a window today/tomorrow, which is why they are all in the area. Of course, they also allowed folk to cancel at an early stage, but it is clear from social media that they too have pax in the Houston/Galveston area who hoped to sail tomorrow.

At this point, RCI actually has a clearer plan for the next few days than Carnival.

I believe you are correct. I had family that were supposed to sail out on Freedom yesterday. They were planning to start the 8 hr drive to Galveston on Friday. They waited till the noon update from Carnival that offered the option to refund & rebook or take their chances & head towards Galveston to wait & see if they could make the shorter pro-rated cruise. They ended up canceling & rebooking rather than to take there chances on the open ended option. If they had chosen to go ahead & try to make the cruise, they would be stuck in Galveston now, too.

Carnival left things just as open ended as RC did. They just announced the options 2 days earlier.