Where is Liberty and How are Things On board?

If that captain really thought they would make an exception for them and drop 4000 people off in Galveston with no way to get out, he or she, should be relieved of command.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the time that was written, things weren't as bad yet as they are now and it wasn't at all certain that what is happening was going to happen.

Hobby only closed late this morning, IAH an hour ago. Brazoria County issued an evacuation minutes ago.

The impacts aren't from the hurricane winds, they're from the flooding rains which are happening now.

If the storm had done what some models predicted and looped back out into the Gulf, it's entirely possible they could have gotten the ship in and everyone off and on their way home.

They should go to Miami. It was dumb to even try this knowing what they knew the last 3 days. This port will not open for days.

Actually Wed nite/Thurs am was only a Hurricane watch in Texas and was to track away from area by now. Weather is unpredictable...

At the time that was written, things weren't as bad yet as they are now and it wasn't at all certain that what is happening was going to happen.

Hobby only closed late this morning, IAH an hour ago. Brazoria County issued an evacuation minutes ago.

The impacts aren't from the hurricane winds, they're from the flooding rains which are happening now.

If the storm had done what some models predicted and looped back out into the Gulf, it's entirely possible they could have gotten the ship in and everyone off and on their way home.

Only if they were not paying attention to any of the weather forecasts.

While I don't really understand why Royal thought they might get into Port with the massive flooding I think some of you are not thinking as clear of the New Orleans option.

The 2 Carnival ships that stopped in New Orleans were to port Saturday in Galveston so they knew they had an even longer delay. Also Carnival has supplies, staff and facilities in New Orleans. Royal does not have this. Finally the port of New Orleans is not just a simple drive up port. You need to navigate the river etc. not saying they could not do it but it would not be as simple as some think.

Tampa might have been an option but I don't think the Liberty can fit under the bridge.

I will say this. Going to be an interesting week for the travelers on board. If it is Miami on Monday I wonder if hey can stay onboard until they go back to Galveston?

Just curious who the current captain is? I realize he takes orders from corporate, so I am not looking to start bashing the captain. I have cruised on Liberty twice and thought the captain at that time was great.

Merge if desired but this just came across my feed-Due to the ongoing unfolding disaster, Liberty of the Seas is going to head for Miami, where one would presume, passengers will debark before its return to Galveston. However, the option for passenger debarkation has not been confirmed.

Whatever your opinions about how RCCL handled this, the important thing now is that our efforts are on helping the people of Texas recover, and the passengers get home safely.

Energy wasted on castigation will help no one escape flooding, or recover their vehicles. As an objective person, I am not willing to end my relationship with RCCL over one decision and would rather see them review and reflect on their actions and hopefully enact positive changes for the future. We will see.

For now I ask you pray, to whatever you believe, however you wish. For me it is Jesus, however that does not preclude you and me from being friends. We may not agree on a single thing under the sun or have a thread in common except this one-we are all human, and thus deserving of humanity.

Captain announced 3 medical emergencies and we are now waiting for the coast guard to pick them up. Still 8 miles out from Galveston port. Then on to Miami. Hopefully they let us debark at Miami as I have no interest in going back to Galveston to try to fly out. Prayers for the Texas people ❤️

She's heading to Miami!!! Will return to Galveston on Friday....

"Liberty of the Seas is going to head to Miami instead. Arrive Tuesday, re-provision, and return to Galveston on Friday."

So those penny pinchers lost a weeks worth of revenue. boo hoo. They nickel and dime everyone on board.

If you think that, too bad for you. Where will you cruise to get away from that feeling you have?

Not much that I have to pay for now that I got free 20 years ago

If I were a Texan with my life turned up side down right now I suspect I'd be a bit upset with resources being spent on a perfectly functioning cruise ship. It seems that it has been fairly obvious for the past couple of days that Texas did not need the burden of the ship, its 4000 passengers, and the 4000 passengers on the next cruise all converging on Galveston today.

So now, on the scheduled day of arrival, RCI announces that ship is diverted and the 4000 people from all over the world can sit back with a sigh of relief that they no longer have to be in Galveston within the next few hours. Very interesting.

If I were a Texan with my life turned up side down right now I suspect I'd be a bit upset with resources being spent on a perfectly functioning cruise ship. It seems that it has been fairly obvious for the past couple of days that Texas did not need the burden of the ship, its 4000 passengers, and the 4000 passengers on the next cruise all converging on Galveston today.

So now, on the scheduled day of arrival, RCI announces that ship is diverted and the 4000 people from all over the world can sit back with a sigh of relief that they no longer have to be in Galveston within the next few hours. Very interesting.

And resources that should be going to help the people in Texas are now being spent to rescue three medical emergencies on said ship which could have already been headed elsewhere. Completely disgusting.

So true.