who knuckles the elevator buttons?

luckyinpa

do you knuckle the elevator buttons or take other germ precautions?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. do you knuckle the elevator buttons or take other germ precautions?

• yes i'm careful around elevators, handrails, buffet utensils etc
    • germs, what germs. who cares about germs?

I have difficulty understanding why two people who use the same habits and precautions in the same cabin don't both become Ill with noro. One does and the other doesn't.

Wouldn't that indicate some activity is aided by ones immune system?

The same would apply to almost all ailments and diseases.

Silly supposition - unless they mimicked each other EXACTLY , one is bound to have a different experience - say touching that one spot on a handrail which had been recently touched by a carrier.

Silly supposition - unless they mimicked each other EXACTLY , one is bound to have a different experience - say touching that one spot on a handrail which had been recently touched by a carrier.

So you think I am silly. Is that better than coming up with a sensible response. I should expect no less from you.

Knuckling the elevator buttons does nothing to protect you from any germs that may be on the buttons. The germs just get on your knuckle, and then when your hands touch each other get transferred. If you want to avoid germs from an elevator button use a tissue to touch the button and then throw it away.

So you think I am silly. Is that better than coming up with a sensible response. I should expect no less from you.

Yes , to be unable to conceive the possibility that two people who share a cabin and virtually all activities might not, in the course of a day, touch different objects is indeed silly.

Of course it is possible for one of them to contract noro while the other one does not - without it only being because one has better immunity.

Yes, your supposition was silly.

yes , to be unable to conceive the possibility that two people who share a cabin and virtually all activities might not, in the course of a day, touch different objects is indeed silly.

Of course it is possible for one of them to contract noro while the other one does not - without it only being because one has better immunity.

Yes, your supposition was silly.[/quote.

And yours !!!! Also.

Your inability to provide a sensible answer explains it.

I asked about other diseases and illnesses but you picked one and ignored the entire concept of my post.

I do normal routine things like hand washing, of course but do not at all obsess over touching surfaces. I don't knuckle, I touch the handrails, I just use the buffet in a normal way, etc. Rarely sick except for tree and weed allergies. I can't even remember the last time I had a cold, noro, flu, etc.

yes , to be unable to conceive the possibility that two people who share a cabin and virtually all activities might not, in the course of a day, touch different objects is indeed silly.

Yes, your supposition was silly.[/quote.

And yours !!!! Also.

Your inability to provide a sensible answer explains it.

I asked about other diseases and illnesses but you picked one and ignored the entire concept of my post.

You specified noro - then added other illnesses as a related afterthought. The fact remains: your supposition that one of a pair might contract a disease, while the other did not, was to be to be explained by one's immune system, because they engaged in the same activities, was indeed silly. At this point, your inability to accept that it was silly is simply further silliness.

I have no interest in further discussion with you on this matter.

I have difficulty understanding why two people who use the same habits and precautions in the same cabin don't both become Ill with noro. One does and the other doesn't.

Wouldn't that indicate some activity is aided by ones immune system?

The same would apply to almost all ailments and diseases.

it happens. My friends (a married couple with two kids) were cruising a couple of years ago, and the husband came aboard with some kind of an intestinal bug (blames on a chicken salad at the cafeteria at work). He was quarantined in their cabin for 5 days, but wife and kids never got anything. Perhaps, it wasn't contagious and was just an upset stomach.

At times when our kid gets roto- or noro- but the adults don't get it. Sometimes it runs through the family like wildfire.

I accept that the chips can be easily cleaned BUT are they.

Having played for an hour or two the chips are just re stacked by the croupier and then given back out to other players.

Each chip could be harbouring germs.

If you are so concerned wear surgical gloves for the rest of your life. LOL LOL LOL

Tongue in cheek reply

I never remember to be cautious and I am rarely sick. I wash my own hands often but not excessively. I believe that there are more "good" germs out there then bad and I have built up a pretty heathy immune system.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never remember to be cautious and I am rarely sick. I wash my own hands often but not excessively. I believe that there are more "good" germs out there then bad and I have built up a pretty heathy immune system.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you wash your own hands. Sorry I just had to go there. ;):D

I am fortunate to have a healthy immune system and do not suffer from any neurosis such as germaphobia or obsessive compulsive disorder. I wash my hands after using the restroom but do not take any other precautions. I detest hand sanitizers. They smell awful and are very drying. If attempting (you will not be successful) to eliminate all germs and bacteria from your stateroom, would you not need to do the same for all public spaces? I am just trying to look at this from a logical standpoint. I do not need to engage in any behavior to make me "feel better".

I push elevator buttons.

I use handrails so I don't fall on my butt.

That's me, living life on the edge.