Oceania Losing Ground - Just Back From Marina

californiacruiseluvrs

We board in a couple of hours. Still a bit chilly here in Barcelona.

I’m looking forward to the same experience we always get.

ORV - enjoy the cruise and I hope that you’ll get the “same experience that you always get” :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, we did notice that O had gone to all dark chocolate the last two cruises, but thought it accidental. Maybe it’s on purpose! We definitely liked the toffee and Carmel milk chocolate options far better than the current dark chocolate offering! Just never an overriding issue as compared with all the others! The chocolate fountain did disappear!!

My favorite restaurants: Jacques and Red Ginger. Best extracurricular is La Reserve and Privee. None of these available on R ships! Options in Terrace are much larger on O ships than R ships because of passenger count. Typically larger show productions on O ships also.

Non wine drinkers could care less about La Reserve . Some would never consider paying extra for La Reserve or Privee. How many times have I heard cruisers state “I haven’t seen the back side of 9:00 in years? “They could care less about the evening ship shows starting st 9:30!All matters of options affecting which ships one likes best!

My next sailing is on a R ship, wish it was an O! All opinion.

I must admit that every aspect of my recent cruise was up to my expectations and previous cruises. I did seem to feel that everyone bent over backwards to make me feel comfortable.

That means a lot as you should know as well as anyone.

ORV - enjoy the cruise and I hope that you’ll get the “same experience that you always get” :)

One day in so far going great,as well as I can remember.

My only observation since boarding Marina today— and we are in a fabulous oc:

I really love the r ships. This ship is too big and feels crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting, on the "live from" thread there was a comment about the ship not sailing full and staff soliciting extra bookings for the specialities.

Interesting, on the "live from" thread there was a comment about the ship not sailing full and staff soliciting extra bookings for the specialities.

The r ships feel like home to us. Very intimate. We never liked the o ships as much. This doesn’t not feel like Oceania to us. This is our 15th cruise and only our 3rd on o class

Not sure ship not full. That’s not what that poster said. Just that they were soliciting for specialties. Happens from time to time even with full ship

Upon checkin I heard passenger ask for cabin change. He was told they would have to see if there were no shows.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For us it is the other way round, and the R ships all seem smaller and more crowded.

Not sure whether R or O class has more space per passenger in the public areas, I am sure someone will know.

You will just have to enjoy all the space I understand you will have in your wonderful suite. I do hope you still have a great cruise, maybe things will settle down when people have stopped wandering round finding their way about the ship. :)

My favorite restaurants: Jacques and Red Ginger. Best extracurricular is La Reserve and Privee. None of these available on R ships! Options in Terrace are much larger on O ships than R ships because of passenger count. Typically larger show productions on O ships also.

My next sailing is on a R ship, wish it was an O! All opinion.

Red Ginger is our favorite also and it is available on Sirena.

I agree. Oceania has slipped badly and this will be our last trip with them. We took our first cruise with them when the line was new and there is a world of difference in the crew, the entertainment and the food. Jacques Pepin should be embarrassed to add his name to the bland stuff on board....curry that tastes like boiled chicken????

I agree. Oceania has slipped badly and this will be our last trip with them. We took our first cruise with them when the line was new and there is a world of difference in the crew, the entertainment and the food. Jacques Pepin should be embarrassed to add his name to the bland stuff on board....curry that tastes like boiled chicken????

What ship are you on? Surely not Marina.

Not marina for sure. Food has been wonderful in every venue on this cruise. We had potato latkes for Hanukkah last night. Wonderful

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Marina now also and This current cruise could not be better. Staff as good as it gets. Survice wonderful. Food great. Do not want to get off.