Platinum Laundry Perk

khaide612

Just an FYI for those of you who are new platinum or never had laundry done onboard before. You have to fill out a laundry slip, write PLATINUM across it and place it in the laundry bag with your items.

I just had my first platinum sailing on the Breakaway. I have never done laundry on a cruise so didn't know the procedure. The CruiseNext staff said I didn't need to put the platinum laundry certificate in the bag - just write Platinum across it. I filled my laundry bag and left it on my bed and wrote PLATINUM across it in large letters as instructed. The next day my cabin stewardess - not the best I've had - was banging on my door. I told her I was sleeping. She then called me - I needed to fill out the laundry form. I didn't know a laundry form existed as there weren't any in my cabin and nowhere did it say I needed to do that. :D

Sorry your bag did not have a slip in it. There should have been one on or in the bag where you put your name and number of items.

No slips. My parents and sister had cabins elsewhere in the ship and had the same issue.

we had to ask for slips and bags last cruise. also, the benefit is one bag per platinum, not one for the cabin. that isnt always clear.

also - roll all your dirties tightly! that paperbag can hold a ton if done right! love this perk!!

You can also bring your own larger bag and put the PLATINUM labeled laundry list inside or on it.

You do need to do a inventory of the items going into the bag - disregard the prices per piece.

If planning to do laundry while on the ship - first day of the cruise check that you have a list and bag

somewhere in a closet cabinet drawer so that you can do this TIMELY.

When I say TIMELY don't do your laundry the same day the general cruising public gets the $19.99

all you can fill in a bag deal you will not perhaps get same day service - but next day service on the

laundry return. At least that is what I have experienced.

Also alert your cabin steward of laundry service requested and place the bag somewhere as agreed

for the pick-up.

It is easy; simple and is a nice $20 savings perk at a minimum.

Oh beware of the little scratchy ID tags if NCL is still using them - ouch my shirt collar just bit me !

I always write PLATINUM and the name of the guest (we are both platinum) on the outside of the bag and on the list. As said don't do one on the day there is the offer to all passengers. Also roll up your clothes to maximise the number in the bag. Make sure you look for the small (2cm x 0.4cm) labels they "hide" on every piece of clothing!!

On my last BA cruise in early august, I had the laundry bag but not the slip. I asked the steward for one and he went right to the cart and got me one. I always forget to put the coupon in the bag, but write Platinum on the bag and on the slip and it works great!

Casofila... I always forget about those tags, but am reminded the next time I wash and wear the clothes...that tag never fails to stick into me! lol

We also had to ask for a laundry slip and bag. There were none in our cabin during our last cruise. Our next cruise will be 14 days, so will we get 2 platinum laundry days?

i believe if its 1, 14 day sail you get 1 bag. if its two, 7 day B2B then you get a bag each week.

we had to ask for slips and bags last cruise. also, the benefit is one bag per platinum, not one for the cabin. that isnt always clear.

also - roll all your dirties tightly! that paperbag can hold a ton if done right! love this perk!!

We love it as well and to get 2 bags laundered is even better. We have had to ask for the slips a few times, no biggy. :halo:

I'll chime in that I don't like the tags either but generally manage to get them off. What has worked for me is to present the laundry bag to my cabin steward who makes sure that it is labeled properly. That has also (at least in one experience) insured super-quick service. Guess he wanted a tip...which he always gets anyway.

Are clothes sorted into darks, coloureds, whites etc are are they all washed together. just dont want everything to come back a dirty grey colour!!!

Excellent "?" - don't have the answer - BUT - from experience everything I sent in for laundry came back in

its original colors - no dingy greys - washed out bright reds - nothing pinkish.

My concern would be for first time laundering of new clothes where the correct application of a COLD WATER

wash and LOW HEAT DRYING to avoid setting in tie dyed streaks of colors running together.

In taking the BST (Behind Scenes Tour) no one commented on this and I did not notice anything to question

about it.

I believe that I saw all the laundry for one cabin being placed into a large produce type net bag keeping items

together. Obviously NCL is not using sea water for the wash so nothing adverse from that respect salt water

or chlorine. Had no shrinkage problem but then the clothes I ran through the cycle had been washed by myself

several times before. Only serious question I would have is something bought on board in the gift shop or from

a port vendor and then laundered in a cycle that I did not control. First time washing looking for problems

before setting them in a drying cycle i.e.

I am leaving in a month on a cruise and will be taking the Platinum BST will have to remind myself to do a more

thorough review in this area for CC interest.

In the meantime: So someone on a BST come back and tell us the answer PLEASE !