Hurricane Irma Watch

If you are not in an evacuation zone, generally speaking, it's better to stay put. Us Floridians generally know that. You hide from wind, evacuate from water. There is no reason to get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic to evacuate potential wind and losing electricity.

We are sticking it out, we are in great spirits, everything is just fine.

Watch that tornado!!

I've been on nearly 20 cruises in the past, but this one might be the craziest one. Imagine a newer ship like Harmony, with only half the passengers. No lines, no crowds, no chair hogs. Pretty sweet.

Plus it's basically free with 50% refundable credit and 50% future cruise credit.

Had similar experience. Fall 2001 right after 9/11 and the Anthrax scare. Was on the Newest/Biggest ship then Explorer of the Seas. Lot of people weren't traveling. The Diamonds on board, all 8 of us, sitting with the Captain, Dr, Cruise Director, and Chief Engineer.

I missed that......................actually saw the bike rider dude and his cat in person as we were having a drink. Any Rooster/chicken updates?

Cat meaning dude, man, kid, yute (my cousin vinny)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c77e29943029c838e9a304c3ade4f0c9.jpg

Tornado threat increasing.

Large and dangerous tornado on the ground in Plantation, Florida.

Stay safe, Florida people! I sure wish you had left the area, but I understand the reasons why people don't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by spleenstomper

So someone asked James van fleet via twitter about the now 9/13 sailing of oasis if we could still get on the boat on 9/12 and he said he would look into it... if it's safe to get on 9/12 I'm all for this... anyone think they would actually allow this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To my friend just down the road, I suspect Flagler Beach and Ormond by the Seas will have issues again. The structures put up after Matthew washed out a stretch of A1A is only Temporary. I think they are waiting on funding to attempt a more permanent fix. You can not out fox Mother Nature. I've seen fires in Florida, Tornados, and Hurricanes readjust the landscape. That is what they do.

I haven't seen any forecast of 15' surge on the East Coast since the eye seems to be headed for Tampa area. Not saying it will not happen. We saw a weaker storm hit the Pensacola area and completely rearranged the outer islands. Houses were buried in sand. Building codes are much better today.

The Governor brought that up during his update announcements.

So someone asked James van fleet via twitter about the now 9/13 sailing of oasis if we could still get on the boat on 9/12 and he said he would look into it... if it's safe to get on 9/12 I'm all for this... anyone think they would actually allow this?

Kinda difficult to board on 9/12 when the ship is not due there till 9/13.

I find it pretty funny that both Harvey and Irma had/have an awesome shed to watch, and they both have Twitter accounts.

I know, right?

Storm watching in 2017 has gotten so very weird. A few days ago on the *Disney travel forums* I saw otherwise normal, regular posters screaming at each other about which weather forecasting model is superior.

Tornado watch just ended near me; activity within 3 miles. Power out briefly. Multiple transformers blowing. Winds not that high yet. Palm Beach County. Long night

I have dear friends in PBG. (Grew up in PBC.) I've been bugging them so much they tried to figure out how to set up their front door security cam so I can watch it online instead of constantly asking how things are going.

(They boarded up but opted to stay once the westward track started. They're in one of those concrete houses that's like 70 years old at this point, I'm sure you know the type I mean.)

I have dear friends in PBG. (Grew up in PBC.) I've been bugging them so much they tried to figure out how to set up their front door security cam so I can watch it online instead of constantly asking how things are going.

(They boarded up but opted to stay once the westward track started. They're in one of those concrete houses that's like 70 years old at this point, I'm sure you know the type I mean.)

I should have bought some of those off Slickdeals a few weeks ago; they cost almost nothing now. I am curious what is happening outside but I am not opening shutters to look.

I am just south of West Palm Beach; closer to 441/Turnpike than to 95.

Depending on who sends me mail it says Boynton Beach, lake worth, greenacres, or wellington. <shrug>