No more clean sheets?

Les999

Why is it that controversial topics like this often seem to emanate from new posters???

Apologies for speaking out of turn as I'm relatively new here myself, but could it be it's the first time they've felt the urge to take to a forum on an issue?

On the question in hand, it couldn't be that we're seeing an attempt to cut costs could it - less power required in the laundry, less detergent, etc?

But let's not forget the positive environmental impact this could have - we're asked not to change towels unless necessary so why not sheets? As it's been previously mentioned a week seems a perfectly reasonable time to me, as I would at home.

Apologies for speaking out of turn as I'm relatively new here myself, but could it be it's the first time they've felt the urge to take to a forum on an issue?

On the question in hand, it couldn't be that we're seeing an attempt to cut costs could it - less power required in the laundry, less detergent, etc?

But let's not forget the positive environmental impact this could have - we're asked not to change towels unless necessary so why not sheets? As it's been previously mentioned a week seems a perfectly reasonable time to me, as I would at home.

I agree that one week is acceptable but in the Caribbean it is very hot. As regards the towels, every cruise I have been on the steward has changed the towels every day despite me hanging them up neatly for a second days use.

This would be a more sensible discussion if it were based on more than "it seems that" and "I am informed". There has been no evidence whatsoever that the claim about how often sheets are changed is true, but people just accept it and discuss it as if it is a fact!

I agree that one week is acceptable but in the Caribbean it is very hot. As regards the towels, every cruise I have been on the steward has changed the towels every day despite me hanging them up neatly for a second days use.

It is very hot in the Mediterranean in summer too.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I found this post eye opening and concerning too,thanks for sharing.

We always bring out own pillow cases because often the pillows have a dirty smell about them.

I was just going to say that! I too have noticed an unpleasant smell where pillows are concerned,,it reminds me of old fashioned men's hair cream or something,,brylcream wasn't it? I take my own pillow cases and linen spray.

I would suspect that the vast majority of people shower after a day in the hot sun and after that you are in an air conditioned environment where the temperature is the same wherever you are cruising.

Rick.

I always judge these sort of posts from a first time poster by whether they add any more comment to the discussion they have started. We should wait for post two here.

David.

The heat is great for a short time but living in those temperatures every day must be tough.

Absolute torture!! HaHa. You do get used to it and we do take a siesta. We live inland and its hotter than the coast, it topped 50C on a couple of days. It does make it easier when you have to endure those Caribbean beaches. We have air conditioning and we normally change sheets every 3 or 4 days, especially for visitors.

I always judge these sort of posts from a first time poster by whether they add any more comment to the discussion they have started. We should wait for post two here.

David.

I think you are being unfair on Zoe here. She makes a reasonable point which I guess some may disagree with. It is not her first post.

Your scepticism towards first time posters should be directed to les999 who appears to have joined the forum just to start this thread and not supplied a shred of evidence for his allegation.

Edited by pete14
spelling error

Absolute torture!! HaHa. You do get used to it and we do take a siesta. We live inland and its hotter than the coast, it topped 50C on a couple of days. It does make it easier when you have to endure those Caribbean beaches. We have air conditioning and we normally change sheets every 3 or 4 days, especially for visitors.

Besides cruising from Barcelona we go in March and November to Malaga.

I think you are being unfair on Zoe here. She makes a reasonable point which I guess some may disagree with. It is not her first post.

Your scepticism towards first time posters should be directed to les999 who appears to have joined the forum just to start this thread and not supplied a shred of evidence for his allegation.

I think Balf was referring to Les999's post not Zoe.

We all had to make our first post sometime.

That being said i have given helpful answers a few times to first time posters who have never replied to mine or anyone elses so i can understand the scepticism.

If so, I apologise. Maybe Les999 is still looking for evidence to back up his allegation and will provide it later today.

His post count remains at 1 so I assume it was a wind up, and if so it had the desired affect on quite a lot of normally sensible posters.

I always take my own pillows as I find it difficult to sleep with any other

And I never use the bed spread or cushions as they don't get washed after each passenger

I think maybe 8 days is a bit long in between changes, and the only reason I say that is because there's nothing like that clean sheet feeling when you get into a fresh bed and it's nice to have that on holiday, I certainly don't change my sheets every 3 days at home

If I felt I needed or wanted the sheets changed more often on the Cruise then I would probably take them off myself and put them with the dirty towels

I think maybe 5 days would be about right