No more clean sheets?

Les999

A couple of hand towels for my wifes face.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Sometimes, it is better to just go and have a good time and not worry about the endless possibilities of contamination. My husband always checks the condition of the pillows. I,once, walked in on a housekeeper making up the bed . She had put the pillows on the floor . Yuck ! Change the sheets once a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes, it is better to just go and have a good time and not worry about the endless possibilities of contamination. My husband always checks the condition of the pillows. I,once, walked in on a housekeeper making up the bed . She had put the pillows on the floor . Yuck ! Change the sheets once a week.

The more these dirty habits are highlighted the better chance of getting good working practices implemented.

Whilst I agree that putting pillows on the floor for a brief time is not the best practice, I am interested to know if anyone could provide a practical alternative suggestion. Not the bed because it is being made up, unlikely to be any space on the hard surfaces that is not full of all the stuff we take with us, ditto the chair or sofa which some may consider to be an inappropriate place anyway because people have sat their bottoms on them. They don't have time to carry around a special folding table to put them on and would probably struggle to find somewhere to put it anyway. :(

I can't help but notice that the OP is still unable to provide any evidence or anything else for that matter. How odd and totally unexpected (not).

Whilst I agree that putting pillows on the floor for a brief time is not the best practice, I am interested to know if anyone could provide a practical alternative suggestion. Not the bed because it is being made up, unlikely to be any space on the hard surfaces that is not full of all the stuff we take with us, ditto the chair or sofa which some may consider to be an inappropriate place anyway because people have sat their bottoms on them. They don't have time to carry around a special folding table to put them on and would probably struggle to find somewhere to put it anyway. :(

I can't help but notice that the OP is still unable to provide any evidence or anything else for that matter. How odd and totally unexpected (not).

We don't need him/her because we are learning things about hygiene on board from various posters who are genuine.

I find this thread which has "morphed" from a statement about bed linen not being changed for 8 days...that in itself seems a strange number unless they mean 7 nights...somewhat pointless. Once a weeks doesn't come across as " disgusting"...I would think quite a few people would think that is ok because that is what they do at home.

Ok if someone thinks that is not enough for their needs just ask cabin steward for a change of bed linen....wouldn't think it is a big deal. If the linen has "unmentionable stains" upon arrival then something is sadly amiss. To me it is more of what is going on under the "clean" sheets and pillow cases and really one is better not giving too much thought to that. As far as pillows on the floor does not a similar thing happen in hotels etc?

Like a lot of things in life what the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve about...

I find this thread which has "morphed" from a statement about bed linen not being changed for 8 days...that in itself seems a strange number unless they mean 7 nights...somewhat pointless. Once a weeks doesn't come across as " disgusting"...I would think quite a few people would think that is ok because that is what they do at home.

Ok if someone thinks that is not enough for their needs just ask cabin steward for a change of bed linen....wouldn't think it is a big deal. If the linen has "unmentionable stains" upon arrival then something is sadly amiss. To me it is more of what is going on under the "clean" sheets and pillow cases and really one is better not giving too much thought to that. As far as pillows on the floor does not a similar thing happen in hotels etc?

Like a lot of things in life what the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve about...

Like the food on the kitchen floor going onto your plate.

We always bring our own pillows and when we have been to Orlando we have bought sheets and pillows from Walmart and put them on our hotel bed at night time ourselves.

I really don't want to prolong this thread but...... As far as putting pillows on the floor while making the bed , that is totally unnecessary. I don't put my pillows on the floor at home . You just pull up the sheets , etc.

Grapau27 , not to dissuade you but the packaged sheets at Walmart are not clean . How many hands handled those sheets while they were being sewn , transfered around , how many tables did they touch ? Probably all done in a third world country. Go and have fun ! You'll survive !

I really don't want to prolong this thread but...... As far as putting pillows on the floor while making the bed , that is totally unnecessary. I don't put my pillows on the floor at home . You just pull up the sheets , etc.

Grapau27 , not to dissuade you but the packaged sheets at Walmart are not clean . How many hands handled those sheets while they were being sewn , transfered around , how many tables did they touch ? Probably all done in a third world country. Go and have fun ! You'll survive !

Thanks for the tip about Walmart bed linen even though they were factory sealed we always wash them first at home but this particular hotel for a few days we felt it was worth it using them without washing.

You obviously haven't seen bloodstains,torn sheets unidentifiable marks etc.

What about the Duvets?

How often are they washed or do they just change the covers?.

On our recent Med cruise the duvets themselves were replaced. Noticed as the replacements seemed much fluffier.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

On our recent Med cruise the duvets themselves were replaced. Noticed as the replacements seemed much fluffier.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Last cruise we looked under the bed which obviously hadn't been hoovered for a while and there was a duvet and possibly sheets in a sealed see through plastic bag obviously there ready for the next passengers in this cabin.

Last cruise we looked under the bed which obviously hadn't been hoovered for a while and there was a duvet and possibly sheets in a sealed see through plastic bag obviously there ready for the next passengers in this cabin.

It's probably easier to strip off and replace the duvet cover in the laundry area than for the steward to change it. But whether the duvet is laundered at the same time I very much doubt.

Thanks for the tip about Walmart bed linen even though they were factory sealed we always wash them first at home but this particular hotel for a few days we felt it was worth it using them without washing.

Sounds a terrible let hotel if you has to provide your own bed linen. I'd have checked out!

Sounds a terrible let hotel if you has to provide your own bed linen. I'd have checked out!

We had been coming to Orlando for 25 years and stayed there many times with many memories but this time it was under new owners and housekeeping was on a go slow and rooms were just getting towels changed.

Sadly the hotel has now closed.

We had been coming to Orlando for 25 years and stayed there many times with many memories but this time it was under new owners and housekeeping was on a go slow and rooms were just getting towels changed.

Sadly the hotel has now closed.

A shame. It always seems worse when a hotel you like goes downhill, as compared to turning up to one you haven't used before and finding it's a flea pit.