Dress code

My Husband Alan are from Scotland and will be joining Radiance of the Seas from Sydney to New Zealand on the 31st January 2018, and as we haven't sailed with Royal Caribbean before we are wondering what the dress code is for restaurants etc and how many black tie evenings there will be so as we can pack accordingly. Thanks Helen x

My Husband Alan are from Scotland and will be joining Radiance of the Seas from Sydney to New Zealand on the 31st January 2018, and as we haven't sailed with Royal Caribbean before we are wondering what the dress code is for restaurants etc and how many black tie evenings there will be so as we can pack accordingly. Thanks Helen x

Not sure if this link will work for you, but give it a try:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

On regular dining nights business casual, women capris, with nice top, to summer dresses.

Men, dress shirts casual pants (not jean)

Formal night, rare tux, mostly suits.

Women from formal to casual.....

Times have changed.

How many nights is your cruise? That will determine how many "gala" nights there are. And although there will be many passengers who do not go formal, there will also be many who do, and lots of variations in between.

Thank you we are sailing for 13 nights

On regular dining nights business casual, women capris, with nice top, to summer dresses.

Times have changed.

Thank you

Just off the Grandeur.

For most nights, I saw everything from shorts and t-shirts to suits. On formal night, I saw some men in polo shirts, others in suits, and a reasonable number in a tux.

The women tended to dress more on formal nights. So many couples with the women in a gown and the man in a dress shirt and tie, no jacket.

Bottom line, what ever you feel comfortable in. No one will say anything. But you might get some nasty looks if you are dressed too far down.

Just off the Grandeur.

For most nights, I saw everything from shorts and t-shirts to suits. On formal night, I saw some men in polo shirts, others in suits, and a reasonable number in a tux.

The women tended to dress more on formal nights. So many couples with the women in a gown and the man in a dress shirt and tie, no jacket.

Bottom line, what ever you feel comfortable in. No one will say anything. But you might get some nasty looks if you are dressed too far down.

Oh no the FP stink eye. :evilsmile:

Times have changed.

Jeans are perfectly acceptable attire in the MDR.

Helen, ignore the snarkier comments.

On the 13 night New Zealand cruise that we did in March, there were three formal nights. People mostly dressed very nicely for these evenings. Dresses from "nice" to "very very very nice" and men in nice pants and shirt to suits to some tuxes.

If Alan has a kilt and wants to wear it, he would look perfect on formal night.

Bon Voyage!

Helen, ignore the snarkier comments.

On the 13 night New Zealand cruise that we did in March, there were three formal nights. People mostly dressed very nicely for these evenings. Dresses from "nice" to "very very very nice" and men in nice pants and shirt to suits to some tuxes.

If Alan has a kilt and wants to wear it, he would look perfect on formal night.

Bon Voyage!

Thank you, I seen the comment you referred to just ignored it. Your help is very much appreciated x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a look if there is a roll call from your cruise, ask the same question there, you are more likely to get a straight forward answer and some idea of what others will be wearing.

Merino_Mom gives a good answer, friends wear their kilts on formal night, only have problems with getting the Sgian Dubh through security.

Have a look if there is a roll call from your cruise, ask the same question there, you are more likely to get a straight forward answer and some idea of what others will be wearing.

Merino_Mom gives a good answer, friends wear their kilts on formal night, only have problems with getting the Sgian Dubh through security.

Thank you, haven't been able to find how I ask a question on the roll call, that's the reason I dud a general one x

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The link posted above ( from Royal) does an excellent job of detailing what is appropriate:

Onboard attire...

When you're onboard, the right look will vary by venue. But here are a few types of suggested attire you'll see, grouped by item.

Casual: You're on vacation – relax! Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch.

Smart Casual: Think of this as a step up from your typical dinner wear. Dress to impress with collared shirts, dresses, skirts and blouses, or pantsuits. Jackets, sports coats and blazers are snazzy and welcomed.

Formal: Make it a night out in your best black-tie look – suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns.

Please note that bare feet are not allowed at any time in any venue and tank tops are not permitted in the Main Dining Room or Specialty Dining venues for dinner.