Tell me your favorite thing about your balcony...

scrotser

Everything everyone has mentioned. Great place for a sail away beverage with your significant other.

On a different note, if you are on the port side, you can watch the "runners" who almost miss the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The "running of the latecomers" is quite entertaining, indeed.

We like the morning view of the landscape while cruising to the port pier.

The view of the dock area when at port.

The sound and sea air smell while cruising.

I traditionally in the evening will sit on our balcony have a couple drinks and read before going to bed.

To be honest the view is usually just totally black unless there is a bright moon and clear skies.

But the smell and wave sounds are relaxing. I read where many people believe that when on Royal's big ships they don;t feel like they are cruising. Being in a balcony cabin I have never had that feeling.

Yes it will. However our last 3 cruises were out of Bayonne in the winter so had a few cooler days heading down and back up, no need for AC!

But, it can effect other cabins around you. As mentioned many times by out resident expert poster on here who also is a Chief Engineer on ships. So please don't.

Last November we did B2B2B on Oasis. Wanted to try all three balcony types. First week was a Central Park balcony where we enjoyed the music playing below every evening while having a glass of wine. Also enjoyed the people watching. We were right above the Rising Tide bar. Second week was an Oceanview balcony. Love the peacefulness at night with a drink and a snack. And watching all the activity below when we were in port. Finally the third week was a Boardwalk balcony (seven cabins from the back). This was Thanksgiving week and we watched NFL football from the balcony on the screen at the Aqua Theater on Thursday afternoon and college football on Saturday afternoon as well as the water show. Mornings on the Boardwalk are very quiet. At night it was quiet after 11:00. My favorite of the three? Hard to pick but I really did like that BW balcony.

We are cruising in 5 days and we are finally in a balcony! What is your favorite thing to do on yours (keep it PG! ;p ) I'm envisioning sipping morning coffee out there, asking for a cheese plate to go from MDR and nibbling it with a nice drink in the evening... Watching us come into and leave ports... Reading a good book out there... What else?

Everything you just said. Reading in the late afternoon after a busy day. :hearteyes:

Morning coffee for sure. But also can be a great place to watch entering/leaving port. On the down side, the furniture banging around in the middle of the night can be really annoying. We take a few bungee cords with us to secure it.

Interesting comment.

In all of our cruises we have never experienced that.

Now banging cabin closet doors in rough seas is another issue.

Everything everyone has mentioned. Great place for a sail away beverage with your significant other.

On a different note, if you are on the port side, you can watch the "runners" who almost miss the ship!

Bit too close to home that one. We were one of these runners:( Never again!!!

I always grab a cup of coffee first thing in the morning and bring it back to enjoy on my balcony. Just sit out there enjoying my first cup of the day!

I also love taking times during the day to just sit out there to read a book and relax for a bit

We are cruising in 5 days and we are finally in a balcony! What is your favorite thing to do on yours (keep it PG! ;p ) I'm envisioning sipping morning coffee out there, asking for a cheese plate to go from MDR and nibbling it with a nice drink in the evening... Watching us come into and leave ports... Reading a good book out there... What else?

I love a balcony it's so peaceful and I love to hear the waves when I sitting there watching the world go bye. One thing I missed was a light on the balcony. Could not read my my book it was way too dark at night.

I love a balcony it's so peaceful and I love to hear the waves when I sitting there watching the world go bye. One thing I missed was a light on the balcony. Could not read my my book it was way too dark at night.

Get a Kindle Paperwhite, they are back-lit but also have no glare so you can read in the bright sun, too. Alternatively get a clip-on book light.

As others have said, morning coffee in my pj's, especially as we near a port, especially Bermuda. Watching the pilot ship pull up to our ship. Watching shooting stars late at night with a glass of wine.

When we cruise with DD and DSIL, we get connecting rooms, or at least balconies, so we can babysit while they get a rare night off to catch a show or some music. More often than not, they prefer to sit on the balcony with a drink and some hors d'oeuvres and watch the reflection of the moon on the water.

My least favorite thing is watching our return port come into view. 😕