Using the swimming pools

Lynnw5

Going on Pacific Princess in a week's time, if we want to use the swimming pool, are there changing facilities nearby, or do we need to get changed in our cabins, in which case are dressing gowns provided. Also are there towels near the swimming pool or do we take them from our cabin?

You can request a bath robe in the cabin. Some people bring and wear beachy cover ups. Towels are plentiful. They are on the Lido deck and you will also be given a couple in the cabin. You can take these towels ashore or to pool. I always have 1 or 2 extra on hand for heading ashore.

There are no specially designated change rooms (unnecessary), but there are washrooms. I don't think people use them to change in however. I haven't seen that much and I do head into various washrooms at times.

If you really wanted to change at/near the pool (Lido) deck, you could try the Spa washrooms which have more space due to showers.

Oh darn, I have just responded as though you are talking about one of the larger ships. I am not intimate with the Pacific. But I do doubt there are specific change rooms. If you check the deck plans on princess.com, you will see both spa and gym on same deck as pool area. Those ought to have more change space due to showers. Otherwise what I wrote might be useful to someone else. And a Pacific expert will be along soon.

Edited by steelers36

There are no pool-specific "changing rooms" on the Pacific, though there are changing rooms within the spa area that you might be able to use. I have no idea whether the staff in the spa would permit that, but you could certainly inquire there (the pool and the spa are on deck 9). If that's not feasible, there are public restrooms by the aft elevators/stairway.The entrance to the spa is next to the forward elevators/stairs.

In addition to the pool towels that you will find in your cabin, there is a rack holding clean pool towels in the pool area.

Since the Pacific is so much smaller than any of the other ships in the Princess fleet, it's a relatively short walk to anywhere you want to go on the ship.

Most passengers wear bathing suits with cover-ups or shorts and tee shirts to go from their cabin to the pools.

Personally, I would not wear the robes provided outside of the cabin.

The fit usually is not good-I am a size 10-12-I find the robes skimpy.

Also, IMHO, I do not think wearing robes in the ship's public areas is something passengers should do.

Robes are better left to be worn in the cabin or spa areas.

did i see plentiful towels? thats great. on NCL you had to go to the desk and give your ID to 'sign' for the towels and i heard checkin back with towels isnt so great and they charge you after you get home for them

Just one more reason to favor Princess: They treat you like a grownup.

Jim

Going on Pacific Princess in a week's time, if we want to use the swimming pool, are there changing facilities nearby, or do we need to get changed in our cabins, in which case are dressing gowns provided. Also are there towels near the swimming pool or do we take them from our cabin?

Pack a nice cover up. Put your bathing suit and cover up on in your cabin. The pool towels are the blue & white stripe ones. There are plenty of them in the pool area. You can also bring some back to your cabin if you like. Don't bring the all white bath towels to the pool. Cabin robes are available from your cabin steward. They may not be in your cabin when you board, you will probably have to request them. I would not use them for going to the pool, but you will see some passengers that do. To enter the buffet area from the pool you must have shoes and a cover up (not robe). Also you must be dry. There is a BBQ station on the pool deck where you go in bathing attire. I prefer to go back to the cabin and change before going into the buffet. Only takes a short time.

Most passengers wear bathing suits with cover-ups or shorts and tee shirts to go from their cabin to the pools.

Personally, I would not wear the robes provided outside of the cabin.

The fit usually is not good-I am a size 10-12-I find the robes skimpy.

Also, IMHO, I do not think wearing robes in the ship's public areas is something passengers should do.

Robes are better left to be worn in the cabin or spa areas.

Would you prefer to see a 300 lb man in a speedo or in a robe?! ;)

All kidding aside, I understand what you're saying..

Would you prefer to see a 300 lb man in a speedo or in a robe?! ;)

All kidding aside, I understand what you're saying..

I would prefer that a 300 lb. man in a Speedo be tossed overboard. Ewwwwwwwwwww...... :eek:

Actually I would prefer that the only time a man wore a Speedo was during a swimming or diving competition. They really don't belong on a Princess ship.

I'm always amazed when I see things like the NCL info above where they "check out" towels and treat passengers like thieves. No way would I want to sail on a line that treated me that way.

Robes can be requested in the Personalizer, so you don't have to wait til you get onboard to make a request..

Often, because the robes are being laundered on boarding day, they might not be available until evening or possibly the following day. You can ask if that's the case your steward when he/she stops by your cabin to introduce him/herself.

I would prefer that a 300 lb. man in a Speedo be tossed overboard. Ewwwwwwwwwww...... :eek:

Actually I would prefer that the only time a man wore a Speedo was during a swimming or diving competition. They really don't belong on a Princess ship.

I'm always amazed when I see things like the NCL info above where they "check out" towels and treat passengers like thieves. No way would I want to sail on a line that treated me that way.

Have some sympathy! Were a 300lb man wearing Speedos to be tossed overboard, feet first, it would take rescuers a couple of months to reach the site of the offending garment ...:*

Robes can be requested in the Personalizer, so you don't have to wait til you get onboard to make a request..

Often, because the robes are being laundered on boarding day, they might not be available until evening or possibly the following day. You can ask if that's the case your steward when he/she stops by your cabin to introduce him/herself.

Thanks for that but couldn't find anything in the Personalizer which enabled me to do that

Go to "Manage Your Cruise". Under "Guest Check In" you will find a link to "Onboard Preferences". In there you can pre-request robes.

Only things I could find in the onboard preferences are Dinner Preference, Bed configuration and on board documents language

Only things I could find in the onboard preferences are Dinner Preference, Bed configuration and on board documents language

We too have a booking on the Pacific Princess but not till May 2018. I see Dinner, Bed, Robe and then Documents. Are you in a cabin that gets upgraded robes already? If so, then the question wouldn't be necessary for you.

In France at the moment, its law that men wear speedos in swimming pool.

The rule about Speedos is only applied at Municipal Swimming Pools - 'Le Short' is OK on private campsites etc. The problem is exacerbated for Brits of a larger frame who have to buy les Speedos in France - the largest retail size commonly available fits nicely if you are no more than 75Kg and a 36 inch waist. I have a spare 40 Kg that I carry with me to the pool in place of a rubber ring I spent 13 days on Campings Municipal in Juky & August with Municipal Pools attached. The last of the operations to remove my Speedos can be undertaken via local anaesthetic and is scheduled for a week on Tuesday - apparently, removing the lace will be the trickiest element ... On the bright side, at least the surgeon won't treatme for ringworm ... :D

Edited by marchie1053
Typoon word spacing

I mentioned the cabin robes in my post . My cover up is a t-shirt - but then I am a guy who doesn't wear Speedos. Truth is, I don't think I have seen a robe on about the ship except in the spa area perhaps. And they would not be advisable anyway on cruises we have taken so far as they have been in Caribbean and once out of the A/C, they would be too warm to wear. So, yes, an actual purpose cover up is more prevalent.

I personally don't like the look of the cabin robes in public areas. Plus, for me, they are so big and bulky I feel trapped!

I usually wear my suit under a pair of shorts and a tee, or I wear a cover-up/sundress. Easy to take on and off at the pool or lounge chair and put back on if going to the buffet or other places.