Adventure of the Seas - Itinerary for St. Thomas and St. Kitts/Nevis

GetToLivin

We are set to sail Oct 14 so I know it's a ways out, but having never cruised so close after a hurricane, I'm not sure what to expect. Those of you who have experience, do the cruise lines tend to go to other ports, or do they tend to stick with the originals, even after devastation? I apologize if this has already been asked, I tried to place this on the AOS board specifically, but couldn't find where to do that.

We are set to sail Oct 14 so I know it's a ways out, but having never cruised so close after a hurricane, I'm not sure what to expect. Those of you who have experience, do the cruise lines tend to go to other ports, or do they tend to stick with the originals, even after devastation? I apologize if this has already been asked, I tried to place this on the AOS board specifically, but couldn't find where to do that.

My experience. Too early to tell for you. But they will return soon as possible, if can't they will change ports.

You will be notified of itinerary changes. All we know so far is that Adventure is not going to St. Maarten, and will instead overnight at Aruba.

My husband and I are on that same cruise Oct 14....hoping if they are not able to make it to St Thomas and/or St Kitts they reroute to other islands and don't just do two more sea days. :( Wonder how close to the sailing date they make those sort of decisions?

I would guess that they would put off those decisions as long as possible to give the islands a chance to recover.

My husband and I are on that same cruise Oct 14....hoping if they are not able to make it to St Thomas and/or St Kitts they reroute to other islands and don't just do two more sea days. :( Wonder how close to the sailing date they make those sort of decisions?

My guess is they will be communicating with the ports and local governments and not much may be know until early next week.

I was just in St Thomas and St Kitts this May, both absolutely beautiful, but I have no idea how the economy would be ready to receive people in 5 weeks, based off of reports. It is my hope they also divert to some other port options.

I have some friends that sail Harmony on September 23rd and I believe they said they won't be going to St. Thomas.

I'm on this same cruise. No official word yet, but with the destruction shown in the surrounding islands I see no way that St. Thomas could receive cruise passengers after only two weeks.

We are on the same cruise - stop on over to the roll call if you haven't already. Here are my predictions:

I think we will still go to St.Kitts as we haven't heard much about damage there. In fact, one of the beach clubs we have been to there posted that they are reopening tomorrow after only minor damage.

Following another thread, San Juan should be OK - biggest problem there being power outages which hopefully will be remedied by mid October.

I also think there is a decent chance we will skip St. Thomas, although I could be wrong. Last October on the Allure, we went to Labadee two days after Matthew went through Haiti to bring relief supplies. If we skip St. Thomas, possibilities for substitutions could be Bonaire, Barbados or, similar to the trip leaving tomorrow, staying overnight in Aruba.

Hope to meet you at the Meet and Mingle!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think we will still go to St.Kitts as we haven't heard much about damage there. In fact, one of the beach clubs we have been to there posted that they are reopening tomorrow after only minor damage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which beach club? We went to Carambola in May, wanted to try the Spice Mill this time around. St Kitts has been my favorite island thus far, so rustic and beautiful.

Reggae beach bar and grill. Thenford Grey took us there on his tour. A bunch of us are doing the Island tour with him again. If you've never been, you should consider it. We have a sizable group going from this roll call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reggae beach bar and grill. Thenford Grey took us there on his tour. A bunch of us are doing the Island tour with him again. If you've never been, you should consider it. We have a sizable group going from this roll call.

That's part of Cockleshell Beach. We've been there a few times and it's a nice facility.

I am also on the oct 14 cruise. I seriously doubt that we will stop in St thomas. Doesn't matter to me. I have heard that St Kitts had minimal damage. I would LOVE an overnight in Aruba and definitely not another sea day.

Forget St Thomas and St Maarten for at least two to three months. It will take that long to get the power lines and other infrastructure back up.

We have friends there on both islands and I am still missing a few, but we assume they are OK, just incommunicado.

I am told St Maarten has been hit worse.

What day are you going to the beach?

We are scheduled to be in St. Kitts on Friday, 10/20. We are doing the Grand Island Tour with Grey's Island Excursions which should include about 2 hours at the beach before we head back to the ship. You can sign up on their website. With the hurricanes, I imagine it might take them a few days to respond.

We're on the cruise in February that is supposed to visit St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba. Given the extent of the damage, I think there is a very high probability we will NOT visit St. Thomas. My guess is that they will substitute St. Croix. The only other ship scheduled to dock that day in St. Thomas is Norwegian Gem. I'm hoping St. Croix can accommodate Adventure and Gem.

I'll be HIGHLY disappointed if they substitute a sea day. We typically prefer week long cruises with FIVE ports of call, but opted for this one to visit Curacao and Aruba for a change of pace. We would never choose an itinerary with three ports and three sea days. I know some of you LOVE sea days, but we vastly prefer PORT days.

The other possibility could involve moving St. Kitts up one day (it's our closest island if we skip St. Thomas) and adding another port further south - Dominica would be nice! I hope we get word in time to plan. We don't like buying ship excursions, so knowing in time to do sufficient research is paramount to us.

So sad to hear the stories and see the images from these islands I've grown to love so much over my years of cruising. It's just heartbreaking. Couldn't contribute fast enough to the recovery cause.

We're on the cruise in February that is supposed to visit St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba. Given the extent of the damage, I think there is a very high probability we will NOT visit St. Thomas. My guess is that they will substitute St. Croix. The only other ship scheduled to dock that day in St. Thomas is Norwegian Gem. I'm hoping St. Croix can accommodate Adventure and Gem.

I'll be HIGHLY disappointed if they substitute a sea day. We typically prefer week long cruises with FIVE ports of call, but opted for this one to visit Curacao and Aruba for a change of pace. We would never choose an itinerary with three ports and three sea days. I know some of you LOVE sea days, but we vastly prefer PORT days.

The other possibility could involve moving St. Kitts up one day (it's our closest island if we skip St. Thomas) and adding another port further south - Dominica would be nice! I hope we get word in time to plan. We don't like buying ship excursions, so knowing in time to do sufficient research is paramount to us.

So sad to hear the stories and see the images from these islands I've grown to love so much over my years of cruising. It's just heartbreaking. Couldn't contribute fast enough to the recovery cause.

We like more ports too (B2B Jewel this winter = 10 port days:p) We were to visit St. Martin on December and January cruises, I doubt either stop will happen. St. Thomas is questionable too at this point. It's a waste of energy to speculate on port substitutions this far out. Other cruise lines will be jockeying for space too.

Just got the word from my TA and the cruise documents on RCCL confirm that we have officially been changed from St. Thomas to St.Croix on the Adventure week of 14-21. So happy that we got another port instead of a third sea day! The days that we arrive in the various ports have switched days of the week so if you have private excursions make sure you update the new dates! Luckily for us we haven't gotten that far since this was a spur of the moment booking only a week ago....guess we need to get on that since 4 weeks from today we will be getting on the ship....very excited!!!