Booked B to B Aqua 1 Summit 11 Night & 10 Night Dec 2018, where did they go?

captdave

Booked B to B Aqua 1 Cabin 1140 (best cabin) Summit 11 Night & 10 Night Dec 2018, first day it was available. Where did they go? They're not on Celebrity, they're not on other travel sites?

Not one notice from Celebrity??? Where's our deposit Celebrity? How long were you going to hold that?

We had a Aqua 1 Cabin 1140 Summit 11 Night ABC Cruise booked for Jan 2016. Celebrity canceled that too without telling us. We got offered $50 off on our next Celebrity Cruise for our trouble. Why don't you just send someone to spit in our eye next time!

(As a backup we booked May 2016 Aqua 1 Cabin 1140 Summit Bermuda, good thing).

32347225484_a3c0790b64_b.jpg

CaptDave

There has been some discussion about this on the roll call. The likely cause is that the Summit has, or is in the process of, being chartered, which is not uncommon for the Summit. Those who have contacted Celebrity have been given no clear information (no change there then) and so those of us booked on either or both of the sailings are waiting for a definitive answer. We are also booked on a b2b . Have a look at the first sailing roll call, there isn't a roll call for the second one!!

There has been some discussion about this on the roll call. The likely cause is that the Summit has, or is in the process of, being chartered, which is not uncommon for the Summit. Those who have contacted Celebrity have been given no clear information (no change there then) and so those of us booked on either or both of the sailings are waiting for a definitive answer. We are also booked on a b2b . Have a look at the first sailing roll call, there isn't a roll call for the second one!!

Why does Celebrity treat their "Elite Aqua 1 Customers" like "Carnival Discount Inside 2's"?

The wife has been asking me to switch from Celebrity.

22591174766_e7c3b7864f_b.jpg

CaptDave

You seem to be implying that only the Elite Aqua passengers are affected, as if you are being singled out.

All cruise lines charter their ships. It affects everyone from insides to the top suites, from the first time cruiser to the Zeniths.

That was a $11,000-$12,000 B to B we had booked. Do you think Celebrity should treat us like a $200 Inside 2?

22492562460_d8f2878d54_b.jpg

CaptDave

I've never had any issues with Celebrity over the 14 years we've been sailing with them, but if I had been treated as you describe, I'd walk. Sure ships are charted all the time, but they owe the customer clear communications. At least you have over a year to regroup and you haven't purchased air yet.

Did you purchase travel insurance? If so, did they refund the premium to you? They should. We always book with a TA and purchase travel insurance at the time of purchase to protect us with any pre-existing conditions. The premium isn't cheap. I would be pretty upset if X cancelled the cruise and we lost the insurance premium. This brings up another question I've never thought to ask the TA.

I've never had any issues with Celebrity over the 14 years we've been sailing with them, but if I had been treated as you describe, I'd walk. Sure ships are charted all the time, but they owe the customer clear communications. At least you have over a year to regroup and you haven't purchased air yet.

Do you know what it took to book Aqua 1 Cabin 1140 B to B on the Summit? You have to book the first minute the Cruise is available. You think Celebrity would treat their Elite Cruisers with at least a bit of respect. Again, I feel like we were treated like "Discount Inside 2's"!

Not one word they were canceled, no refund of our rather large deposit. Last time Celebrity offered us $50 off our next Cruise on a different ship with a not in any way favored cabin. Take it or leave it, you have three days to decide! I can't imagine a more Spit In Your Eye...F U Type Attitude by Celebrity Customer Service.

Shame On You Celebrity!!!

22594727996_3c5e500299_b.jpg

CapDave

That was a $11,000-$12,000 B to B we had booked. Do you think Celebrity should treat us like a $200 Inside 2?

22492562460_d8f2878d54_b.jpg

CaptDave

I think Celebrity should treat neither you nor the inside cabin passenger the way you were treated. There should have been clear communication to all displaced, inconvenienced passengers regardless of stateroom class. That should make absolutely no difference. Passengers book far in advance for a number of reasons, which to those passengers are of utmost importance. Whether they are sailing in a top suite or lowest cost cabin they should be offered the same options relative to their reservation on a timely basis. It also should not matter whether the passenger was a first time celebrity cruiser or zenith.

I think Celebrity should treat neither you nor the inside cabin passenger the way you were treated. There should have been clear communication to all displaced, inconvenienced passengers regardless of stateroom class. That should make absolutely no difference. Passengers book far in advance for a number of reasons, which to those passengers are of utmost importance. Whether they are sailing in a top suite or lowest cost cabin they should be offered the same options relative to their reservation on a timely basis. It also should not matter whether the passenger was a first time celebrity cruiser or zenith.

I certainly understand the OP's frustrations. I would be ticked off if that happened to me.

I agree 100%. No one should be left in the dark. I realize Charters happen, but as soon as a Charter is confirmed, all confirmed passengers affected should be notified.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CaptDave

No. They should treat the $200 inside passenger better, because they don't have a belief that wealth should buy them a better service from Celebrity's booking service.

Is the cruise actually cancelled or has it just disappeared from the website?

We were booked on a B2B and about 15-16 months before sailing the first leg of the B2B disappeared from the website. Lots if rumors on the Roll Call that it was being chartered, others said a large group was booking a significant portion of the ship. A far number if folks panicked and cancelled- after about 5 weeks the cruise came back on the website and prices increased. I don't know why it was pulled, could have been a potential charter, could have been a large group I'll never know.

What I do know is that if it is a charter no one will be notified until contracts are signed and funds delivered. It doesn't matter if you are in a Suite or inside; Zenith or a first time cruiser no one will be notified until it is a done deal.

No official notification that the ship has been chartered and the two Antilles cruises cancelled. We are booked on the b2b also and are just waiting to see what happens. If it goes ahead then great, if not we will find another cruise / holiday to go on.

No official notification that the ship has been chartered and the two Antilles cruises cancelled. We are booked on the b2b also and are just waiting to see what happens. If it goes ahead then great, if not we will find another cruise / holiday to go on.

We are Professional Photographers, this a Photo Tour. Aqua 1 Cabin 1140 on the Summit / Infinity is the best by far. Same price as the way smaller Deck 11 Side Cabins. We only book that Cabin, or we don't go.

Aqua 2 on Deck 9 was $50 cheaper, not worth it. We love Cruising on the Celebrity Summit / Infinity, great crew too. Took us a while to figure this all out. It will be a sad day when this class goes away.

It's only one short walk to the Sunset Bar, or hit the Oceanview Cafe inside. We like Blu for Breakfast / Dinner, stunning food. We hit Cafe Al Bacio all day long.

On our Sept 2015 Infinity Panama Canal Cruise we finally figured out how to get stellar service, took us a while. Waiters will all know your name and look forward to serving you, bars & restaurants. Had to spend maybe $40 for the two of us at the Coach Outlet to solve this problem!!!

32330066244_67a5b73725_b.jpg

27014180401_f8c0c2117f_b.jpg

CaptDave