Increased drinks package prices ????

reemab1

Called Princess yesterday and was informed that as of today, the 18th, the package will now be $59.99 per person but the drinks will be up to $12 and you will be able to get unlimited bottles of wine at 25% off the listed price.

So, if you can now get drinks up to $12 I assume the bar prices will increase accordingly as, looking at the Drinks Calculator there are approximately 4 drinks that are currently not available for the $10 limit that would be available on the $12 limit.

I guess bar prices will be going up by about 25%.

Just been on my account and looked at the AIBP and it says £45.96 per day for drinks up to $10.

Maybe I've logged on before the change (as I'm in the UK) or maybe there isn't going to be a change

It's now 1248 here in the UK and it's still allowing you to purchase at the old price.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

It's now 1248 here in the UK and it's still allowing you to purchase at the old price.

It is not available on my personaliser.

can it be booked on-line via another method?

Annie

Update: Now available on personaliser again.

Annie, I only opened my Princess account this morning (having booked on Saturday) so I don't know whether its changed but if I click on "Manage my booking" and then scroll down to the "Plan your Voyage" section I can click on "Beverage Packages" and its the top one that comes up.

Called Princess yesterday and was informed that as of today, the 18th, the package will now be $59.99 per person but the drinks will be up to $12 and you will be able to get unlimited bottles of wine at 25% off the listed price.

It will be interesting to see what happens to those of us who had the package under the old limits but are sailing now (and in the near future).

Drink price limits probably won't matter but I was actually planning on maybe getting one nice bottle of wine with that 40%. It means a $100 bottle of wine will be $75 rather than $60.

Not a lot of money in the scheme of things but just a feeling of being taken advantage of.

Makes it more worthwhile to bring that nice bottle and just pay the $15 corkage.

I've got 2 cruises booked with Princess. 1 in a couple of weeks on the Crown in Canada & New England. Being from the UK, the overall price is in £'s but in the wording it says drinks upto US$10. My other cruise is December 2018 on the Sun in Australia/New Zealand, again he overall price is in £'s, but this time, it says drinks upto $14.

Just a guess Dave but maybe the Oz one has to be priced in AUD Which are worth less than USD?

Our cruise in EU for next May is still showing "up to $10"

No change seen today on my bookings either.........

It has NOT changed.

$57.45 per person, per day

All-Inclusive Package features any drink up to $10 including cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees & more! A 40% discount on bottles of wine (below $100 retail) is also offered on bottles purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing. Terms and conditions will apply.

Just a guess Dave but maybe the Oz one has to be priced in AUD Which are worth less than USD?

Actually Dave, I think I read in a different thread that Oz cruises have the tip integrated into the price of the drink. Therefore the basic drink prices will be more so the allowance needs to be higher. Just a thought.

Yes, I know that. Someone said that it was going up to $14 and someone pointed out it was the Aussie price in the posts above, so I was just confirming it.

Actually Dave, I think I read in a different thread that Oz cruises have the tip integrated into the price of the drink. Therefore the basic drink prices will be more so the allowance needs to be higher. Just a thought.
Yes they do.

If the changes go fleet/region wide, it will remind me of the dust up when they eliminated unlimited free internet for Suite passengers. Many who had booked prior to the changes (including me) were initially told that our suite bookings (before the new rollout) would not entitle us to free internet. After some good ole public outcry, Princess relented and allowed us to keep the free internet. It will be interesting to see if the same happens with changes to the AIBP (especially after the massive amount of bookings under the recently ended Sip & Sail promotion).....

Bob

If the changes go fleet/region wide, it will remind me of the dust up when they eliminated unlimited free internet for Suite passengers. Many who had booked prior to the changes (including me) were initially told that our suite bookings (before the new rollout) would not entitle us to free internet. After some good ole public outcry, Princess relented and allowed us to keep the free internet. It will be interesting to see if the same happens with changes to the AIBP (especially after the massive amount of bookings under the recently ended Sip & Sail promotion).....

Bob

I don't see there being much of an outcry.

I'm sure Princess will honor the packages for those that already have them - whether they paid for them or got them via Sip and Sail.

The only changes would be for those paying by the drink (with no package) since I would imagine the price of individual drinks will go up and , as I said before, for those WITH the package who want to order a bottle of wine.

All of my bookings still show the old prices.

Ours do as well.

Whoever claimed they are going up really hasn't provided and background as to the reliability of the claimed price increase for today. OTOH, it's still early at Princess in Santa Clarita and IT's Starbucks Mocha Grande Double Caff may not have kicked in yet ...

I went ahead and bought the soda and more package for the family, and additional spirits for our suite. Whether or not the price goes up, I like having stuff paid, and off my "still need to pay for" list.

I did have to call Princess today regarding my Captain's Circle status being incorrect, and after fixing the issue, and chatting a bit about a few other questions, she started pushing pretty hard about my purchasing my beverage packages today. It didn't feel like a commission type push -- she was adamant and kept repeating I could go buy them on the personalizer, TODAY. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, after having read this thread, but it really made me feel than an increase or change is imminent

Ours do as well.

Whoever claimed they are going up really hasn't provided and background as to the reliability of the claimed price increase for today. OTOH, it's still early at Princess in Santa Clarita and IT's Starbucks Mocha Grande Double Caff may not have kicked in yet ...

I'm only about 40ish miles north of PHQ. I'll drive down there tomorrow and ask Jan what's up.....:D:D:D

Bob

If they do bump up prices they will have to honor the folks who already have the AIBP that only listed drinks up to $10. It's too bad. One of the good things about Princess was drinks that were more affordable than most lines.

Edit: I just checked all of my booked cruises - including in 2019 - and I don't see any changes at all in the listing. Same price and same drink price limit. What people are posting here looks a lot like the Australian AIBP verbiage.

Yeah that's the usual Aussie arrangement however as an author I applaud your use of the word verbiage!! High 5 mate

I wonder how many people will now flick to the online dictionary, read it and comprehend it.

Checked my personalizer today and the following is a copy of the description. Anyone know what that last sentence (I changed text to red) means??

All-Inclusive Beverage Package

$57.45 per person, per day

All-Inclusive Package features any drink up to $10 including cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees & more! A 40% discount on bottles of wine (below $100 retail) is also offered on bottles purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing. Terms and conditions will apply.Test disclaimer lightbox.