Increased drinks package prices ????

reemab1

We have a Med cruise booked for April 2018. We gave up Sip & Sail for 3-for-free savings, even buying AIBP we will still save. We must wait until we sail to pay for AIBP with OBC, so an fascinated by this rumor.

Just be aware that it costs more when purchased onboard.Advance purchase is $57.45 per day. The listing for the package says:

Save when you purchase pre-cruise (on board cost is $59.80 per day)!

Just be aware that it costs more when purchased onboard.Advance purchase is $57.45 per day. The listing for the package says:

Save when you purchase pre-cruise (on board cost is $59.80 per day)!

Thank you Thrak we would have used OBC to pay for Gratuities. Now that Gratuities are included plus $200 more OBC, paying the extra for AIBP purchased on board is our only real option to use up OBC.

The prices have changed. From the Princess website:

• $59.99 per person, per day^
  • Drinks including cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, teas, fountain soda, specialty coffees and more.
  • Limited to individual beverages up to $12 each.

Same Here, bottles of wine are now 25% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i find it interesting that call out that perviously purchased packages use these rules now.

the package is too much for me, i won't drink enough for the benefit, but i enjoy looking to make sure.

THE PREMIER BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Terms & Conditions 2017

The Premier Beverage Package is offered at $59.99 USD per day plus a 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australia-based vessels, the package is $86.99 AUD per day including the service charge. The full amount due for the complete voyage will be charged at the time of purchase. 

Your Premier Beverage Package includes:

• All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia
  • Bottled water (500ml only)
  • Fountain sodas, fresh juices ( if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks
  • Gong Cha items (if available) 

• Frappe’s at Coffee & Cones
  • Smoothies and milk shakes (if available) 

• Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service

The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:

• All bottles of wine 

• One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)

• Canned soda, and bottled juices 

Purchase information and package details and qualifications:

Guests must purchase the Premier Beverage Package for every day of sailing. Partial or prorated packages or segments will not be accepted. 

The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel. It is not available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing but is offered on board on embarkation day. It is not sold after embarkation day. 

Package sales are final within 3 days of sailing or once purchased on board.

The package is not available for voyages of fewer than 7 nights for Australia-based itineraries or fewer than 2 nights for all other itineraries. 

Please note that age restrictions will apply for purchases of the Premier Beverage Package. 

Terms and Conditions

Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.) Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices. Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count towards this maximum. 

Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).

Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged at full menu price. Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices 

Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. 

Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply.

Thank you to all who posted about the upcoming increase. Purchased the AIBP for my husband for our November 10-day Southern Caribbean. Still have the AIBP as part of Sip & Sail for March that we booked last year. After this, we're no longer purchasing it. It just doesn't make sense. Certainly can't drink that much. Even including coffees and water.

Edited by pklein9747

Good thing I paid for the AIBP last month!

Just noticed spirits aren't mentioned in the new "Premier Beverage package"? They were included in the AIBP before weren't they?

Say what??? Alcoholic drinks are specifically mentioned and are limited to 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period from 6 AM to 6 AM. The only reason anybody would ever be wiling to pay for the thing is due to inclusion of spirits...

I'm wondering what you consider spirits if this verbiage doesn't convey the information to you:

All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu

Is it the word "cocktails" that you find confusing as it doesn't specifically say "shots of bourbon" or something of that sort?

With the rumors flying, I decided to purchase our AIB package on the 18th. Looks like for once in my life I got the timing just right. A little disappointed to see the large bottles of water drop off the list along with cans of soda. I wonder what this means to the small bottles of Perrier as I'm sure that they are less than 500ml

Say what??? Alcoholic drinks are specifically mentioned and are limited to 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period from 6 AM to 6 AM. The only reason anybody would ever be wiling to pay for the thing is due to inclusion of spirits...

Your Premier Beverage Package includes:

• All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia
  • Bottled water (500ml only)
  • Fountain sodas, fresh juices ( if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks
  • Gong Cha items (if available) 

• Frappe’s at Coffee & Cones
  • Smoothies and milk shakes (if available) 

• Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service

The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:

• All bottles of wine 

• One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)

• Canned soda, and bottled juices 

Unless I'm reading it wrong (and I sincerely hope I am), it just specifies wine, beer and cocktails.

I'm a scotch drinker (although beer during the day). So I hope spirits are still included.

I'm wondering what you consider spirits if this verbiage doesn't convey the information to you:

All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu

Is it the word "cocktails" that you find confusing as it doesn't specifically say "shots of bourbon" or something of that sort?

As I read it, its beer, wine, and cocktails $12 and under.

As far as I know a whiskey on the rocks isn't a cocktail?

As far as I know a whiskey on the rocks isn't a cocktail?

Interesting claim. I looked up several definitions and they all claim a cocktail is a spirit (whiskey, gin, rum, vodka, etc.) mixed with something else. I suppose you could claim "rocks" is mixing it with something else as ice and water do change the flavor a bit. Regardless, I would expect single shots to be covered as well. One could always order whisky with water back and consider it a drink to be mixed ...

I think you're really just looking for trouble. I wouldn't worry.

Interesting claim. I looked up several definitions and they all claim a cocktail is a spirit (whiskey, gin, rum, vodka, etc.) mixed with something else. I suppose you could claim "rocks" is mixing it with something else as ice and water do change the flavor a bit. Regardless, I would expect single shots to be covered as well. One could always order whisky with water back and consider it a drink to be mixed ...

I think you're really just looking for trouble. I wouldn't worry.

No, not looking for trouble. I've never cruised before and have our first cruise booked for next year. So really just looking for information on what is and isn't included. I don't want to be caught out once we're already aboard.

No, not looking for trouble. I've never cruised before and have our first cruise booked for next year. So really just looking for information on what is and isn't included. I don't want to be caught out once we're already aboard.

I've taken a few Princess cruises under the AIB package (either paid for, or under a sip and sail promo) and have always been able to order a Grey Goose vodka on the rocks with the package.

I tend to drink Scotch, Bourbon, or Rye. Well... I also drink other things and with the AIBP - now the Premier package (bleh) I will certainly enjoy Bloody Marys and such. A Bloody Mary is a great morning drink. So is Pernod & OJ but I may be the only person who ever drinks that. Port, Drambuie, or B&B after dinner. Wine with dinner, perhaps Mimosas on the balcony... Oh, my. ;p

However, I am a straight liquor drinker.On one of our last cruises I just had to walk into the bar and the bartender would look up and say, "Bulleit?" He knew I wanted a double straight up. I don't anticipate any issues with that. Princess would be insane to make a distinction. It's just the way the thing is written. Don't worry, your Scotch will be included. Hmmm... I could use a double right now... :D

We just returned from an Alaska cruise on the Island and I was able to order a Stoli on the rocks every night under the package.