Increased drinks package prices ????

reemab1

There have been only a couple of replies that have been, imho, the scripted responses on how the PBP is an improvement over the AIBP.....

Those scripted replies are probably from lower paid personnel who are only allowed to express the company line described by their VP of sales in emails. And even he might only be giving upper management's spin that the changes benefit passengers.

The new program is an absolute insult to our intelligence. Losing on the wine bottle discount, No more large bottles of water, no more canned sodas, paying more for everything? Course there are those slick marketing techniques.....:mad::mad::mad:

Bob

Canned "sodas" have never been included in the AIBP. Only fountain. (That's why it didn't work on Princess Cays, other than booze.)

Canned "sodas" have never been included in the AIBP. Only fountain. (That's why it didn't work on Princess Cays, other than booze.)

I think you have it backwards........

I got canned sodas all the time through the AIBP both on PC and onboard the ship.

The AIBP has always been good on Princess Cays. The soda and more not valid on PC's.

Can's were never included in the soda and more package only fountain.

Now they have excluded cans (soda) in the Premium AIBP.

I think the 15 booze limit is hilarious. We never drink enough booze to justify the AIBP ourselves (6+ drinks daily!). Tried it on a cruise last year, including trying new drinks; we would have come out better buying them individually. 15 a day? Really?

And the 20% increase, I suspect, is because onboard drinks are probably up 20%. We'll find out on our cruise next month.

If anyone really believes princess increased the prices of the drink package because of smuggling and sharing they are very naive. Princess have done this to increase profits and reduce costs.

The price increase may not have been because of sharing, but the 15-drink limit for alcoholic beverages probably was. Also the deletion of canned sodas and large water bottles may have been related to sharing. The price increase is consistent with the price increase of individual drinks - if the individual drink prices go up, then the package price would go up as well.

The price increase may not have been because of sharing, but the 15-drink limit for alcoholic beverages probably was. Also the deletion of canned sodas and large water bottles may have been related to sharing. The price increase is consistent with the price increase of individual drinks - if the individual drink prices go up, then the package price would go up as well.

Have individual drink prices increased? Apologies if I have missed the post.

Annie

I see The Premier Beverage Package being called on here the "new AIDP". Shouldn't we now call it TPBP? We could go on and continue to call it the AIDP but it is no longer very "all" or "inclusive" so I suggest we call it by its new acronym TPBP or shortened to PBP. What say you?

Excellent. I wonder if Princess will stop allowing us to open the beer ourselves, so we can put it in our min bar and drink it later?

That would not be good.

They will open the bottle/can, so as pax on the package cannot stockpile or pass it on to others.:evilsmile:

I think the 15 booze limit is hilarious. We never drink enough booze to justify the AIBP ourselves (6+ drinks daily!). Tried it on a cruise last year, including trying new drinks; we would have come out better buying them individually. 15 a day? Really?

And the 20% increase, I suspect, is because onboard drinks are probably up 20%. We'll find out on our cruise next month.

aw you didnt try hard enough lol.. i never could do it either. heck water is my fav drink and i couldnt even drink 15 bottles of water in a day!

and i wonder what these people like at home when they drink 15 drinks a day. i hope i never run into them on the road. cause theres no way a non drinker on a regular basis could ever down 15 on a ship without being sick . you need the tolerance already before you board.

aw you didnt try hard enough lol.. i never could do it either. heck water is my fav drink and i couldnt even drink 15 bottles of water in a day!

and i wonder what these people like at home when they drink 15 drinks a day. i hope i never run into them on the road. cause theres no way a non drinker on a regular basis could ever down 15 on a ship without being sick . you need the tolerance already before you board.

I am virtually teetotal at home.

On a cruise ship 1 martini per hour - no problem:evilsmile: - and I have never been sick because of alcohol intake.

Annie

Have individual drink prices increased? Apologies if I have missed the post.

Annie

Not so far apparently, however the package increase from $10 to $12 per drink implies that drink prices will rise. There were not many drinks over $10 before. Some were over $12 and so still not included. Therefore the increase from $10 to $12 has no significance unless prices go up.

I am virtually teetotal at home.

On a cruise ship 1 martini per hour - no problem:evilsmile: - and I have never been sick because of alcohol intake.

Annie

There are those who do not drink at all; those who have a G&T before dinner and glass of wine at dinner (DW); those who have a beer returning from Port, G&T before dinner, two wines at dinner, cocktail during show (me).

For the first two AIBP has no value. For me, I only need to add specialty coffee and bottled water, then the convenience of AIBP comes into play. When traveling with friends, the beer returning from Port or G&T before dinner often becomes two. I think we are in the sweet spot for AIBP, we like to drink and will splurge on vacation but not big drinkers.

There are those who do not drink at all; those who have a G&T before dinner and glass of wine at dinner (DW); those who have a beer returning from Port, G&T before dinner, two wines at dinner, cocktail during show (me).

For the first two AIBP has no value. For me, I only need to add specialty coffee and bottled water, then the convenience of AIBP comes into play. When traveling with friends, the beer returning from Port or G&T before dinner often becomes two. I think we are in the sweet spot for AIBP, we like to drink and will splurge on vacation but not big drinkers.

Agree. The key word you used was "convenience". Regardless if you're a big drinker or not, having the option to have a beer here or a cocktail there, a red bull pick me up, fresh squeezed OJ or an irish coffee - without ever considering the tab - is quite convenient. Works for us.

Agree. The key word you used was "convenience". Regardless if you're a big drinker or not, having the option to have a beer here or a cocktail there, a red bull pick me up, fresh squeezed OJ or an irish coffee - without ever considering the tab - is quite convenient. Works for us.

Yes, you have said the magic word.....convenience and just order, don't think...that's what I like about cruises..so an all inclusive beverage package has its benefits.....But after having it a few times on the sip & sale I have determined it's a benefit for me but not DH...a coffee card is more to his liking.

I have just read elsewhere (via a passengers TA) that the drinks package prices are to rise from 18th September - has anyone else heard anything similar ? And if so does it apply to the non alcoholic package ? Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They already went up. I went on yesterday and they no longer have just pop it is a pop smoothie and hot chocolate. Alcohol package now $89.95 CAD up $10 a day.