Taxi or Princess Transfers LA airport to cruise terminal

Cinerama

I have always just arrived at LAX and gone to the SuperShuttle or other shuttle line and been at the cruise terminal at San Pedro within the hour for about $20 per person.

As soon as one shuttle van is full they send another in so I never booked in advance.

I have always just arrived at LAX and gone to the SuperShuttle or other shuttle line and been at the cruise terminal at San Pedro within the hour for about $20 per person.

As soon as one shuttle van is full they send another in so I never booked in advance.

Like you, we use Super Shuttle out and into LAX. Unlike yourself, we will reserve, pre-pay and pre-tip. We have noticed that some folks work it your way successfully. In any event, we have not been disappointed with their service.

Should I purchase the Princess Transfers or take a taxi for the trip from Los Angeles airport to the cruise terminal and the return trip?

I took a cruise earlier this year & decided to use Uber. I researched beforehand as to where to catch Uber. Once outside I used the Uber app to request a driver & conformed with airport staff where to catch Uber. When I had a confirmed driver I called him to let him know what I was wearing. Much appreciated by the driver.

At the cruise terminal there was also a spot for Uber pick-up.

It was great to go straight each way with no stops.

Tom😎

I took a cruise earlier this year & decided to use Uber. I researched beforehand as to where to catch Uber. Once outside I used the Uber app to request a driver & conformed with airport staff where to catch Uber. When I had a confirmed driver I called him to let him know what I was wearing. Much appreciated by the driver.

At the cruise terminal there was also a spot for Uber pick-up.

It was great to go straight each way with no stops.

Tom😎

Where is the spot at the cruise terminal for uber pick up?

Yes, we did this last week after getting off the Island Princess. They drop you off in Long Beach down by the aquarium at about 9.15 and pick you up 4 hours later. We got to the airport about 2pm. We went to the aquarium and then just wandered around (lots to see if you haven't been there before) and had lunch. Filled in a few hours. Just a tip - I wouldn't do the aquarium if it was a weekend. It was Saturday when we were there and was fine initially but soon after the place is absolutely filled with kids. A lot of the displays are geared towards children.

I do not like to wait for an entire bus to fill up. It takes way too long. Therefore I would never do a transfer from the airport. Having a family of 4, we always do Uber or Lyft. The Super Shuttle idea sounds good too, as those take less time to fill.

Taxi's are usually more expensive than Uber and Lyft, but I did a taxi from the Port to LAX and that was a $60 or $65 flat fee

• 2 months later...

Thanks Amtrack Springfield and sknight. I was planning on buying the Super Shuttle roundtrip to/from LAX to the cruise port. I wasn't sure what time to be picked up at the cruise port since there isn't a set time that it takes to disembark. My flight comes in at 9:00 so no problem there. My flight out leaves at 3:00 and wasn't sure if there would be shuttles waiting or if I had to schedule a certain time.