Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

I just heard back from Marriott Stellaris, confirming that my reservation for Nov 25 is still intact. It was sent by Marriott corporate so I will call the hotel directly to confirm

Online Marriott had no rooms available, but when I called Marriott Stellaris directly I got a non-refundable room booked and she insured me they were open as of November 1st. I really hope so as this is my last option I think.

A warning for others.......please call the hotel directly (if you can get through) as a lot of websites are still taking reservations but when you call them directly they are not open to the public. This has been the most frustrating cruise of mine to plan in a long time!!

Donna

I cancelled my 12/16 AOS cruise 3 days ago. I couldn't

get a place to stay in SJ. Flying in day of is too risky, and I'm not taking the added expense of flying to Florida, or home on Christmas EVE. I disputed my charge with Amex. I made final payment the day Hurricane Maria hit, was going to cancel but was sold trip insurance and told it would cover my trip being impacted by the hurricane. It covered nothing and I'm out almost $1500 and have to wait 2-3 weeks to get my money back to book something else. :mad:

Since the ship is sailing and you chose to cancel, not so sure AMEX will honor a dispute in your favor. Good luck.

Since the ship is sailing and you chose to cancel, not so sure AMEX will honor a dispute in your favor. Good luck.

I just really feel I got duped. In the very least I want them to listen to the recording where the agent told me not to worry, if your San Juan stay is impacted, with our GOLD STANDARD insurance, you'll be covered. Not true at all.

Not cruising until February, but we are staying the night prior in a small B&B inn called Tres Palmas Inn. They are operational now, according to their Facebook posts. They are not a very big place, but you could see what availability they have for your dates.

I just really feel I got duped. In the very least I want them to listen to the recording where the agent told me not to worry, if your San Juan stay is impacted, with our GOLD STANDARD insurance, you'll be covered. Not true at all.

Did you review what the insurance covered? By you cancelling on your own, didn't YOU cause the problem with insurance not covering things? Unless you got cancel for any reason, you can't just cancel a trip and make an insurance claim. And did you have the hotel stay included in the insurance? If not, that's just not how travel insurance works.

Fwiw we flew home last year xmas eve and it was the cheapest day that week to fly home. We did fly from FL, because we wanted to spend a couple days in Orlando after our Adventure cruise, but the prices worked out the same way from San Juan.

Just called Comfort Inn today (Oct 17th). They are not taking any reservations until the end of Dec.

They must be full. I called yesterday to confirm my reservation for Oct 27 and she said all was good and they would see me soon.

A couple times now we thought we had confirmed reservations for early December. We spoke to someone, everything is good, yes, you have a room. Then we didn't. FEMA and other groups are getting priority at the open and somewhat functional hotels. So we have decided to fly in the morning of, instead of dealing with this hotel situation.

Has anyone read or have knowledge , if taxi service from the airport to the ships is readily available and in decent supply? We didn't want to use RCCL bus transfers and wait an hour or two for them. Flying in the same day , Sat before Thanksgiving week. 4 adults and two children.

Thanks

Has anyone read or have knowledge , if taxi service from the airport to the ships is readily available and in decent supply? We didn't want to use RCCL bus transfers and wait an hour or two for them. Flying in the same day , Sat before Thanksgiving week. 4 adults and two children.

Thanks

Previous cruisers have posted that they had no issues with getting a taxi.

Thanks

Others have reported taxis have been available.

Thanks to everyone for the info in this thread. We have reservations 12/28 for our 12/30 cruise at the Hampton Inn. As has been said their specific site states "Due to Hurricane Maria, the hotel is no longer accepting existing or new reservations through January 1, 2018. Our hotel will be waiving cancellation penalties for reservations arriving Tuesday, September 19 through Monday, January 1. We encourage guests with existing reservations to contact 1-800-HILTONS." We have not received any cancellation notification and it still looked valid online but based other's experience in this thread my DW called Hilton last night. They confirmed that our reservation was still valid. However the person she talked with didn't seem like he was exactly on top of his game. So DW is going to call the hotel directly today or tomorrow and check with them. I'm hoping that as close as we are to 1/1/18 and being over the holidays that if Hampton is being used by FEMA that maybe everyone will be out by then.

Thanks to everyone for the info in this thread. We have reservations 12/28 for our 12/30 cruise at the Hampton Inn. As has been said their specific site states "Due to Hurricane Maria, the hotel is no longer accepting existing or new reservations through January 1, 2018. Our hotel will be waiving cancellation penalties for reservations arriving Tuesday, September 19 through Monday, January 1. We encourage guests with existing reservations to contact 1-800-HILTONS." We have not received any cancellation notification and it still looked valid online but based other's experience in this thread my DW called Hilton last night. They confirmed that our reservation was still valid. However the person she talked with didn't seem like he was exactly on top of his game. So DW is going to call the hotel directly today or tomorrow and check with them. I'm hoping that as close as we are to 1/1/18 and being over the holidays that if Hampton is being used by FEMA that maybe everyone will be out by then.

I had the same statement on the website for the Caribe Hilton. When I called the Hilton number they told me my reservation was cancelled and had to find other accommodations. I would definitely call Hilton and see what is going on but try and book something else as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the same statement on the website for the Caribe Hilton. When I called the Hilton number they told me my reservation was cancelled and had to find other accommodations. I would definitely call Hilton and see what is going on but try and book something else as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hilton said we were fine and the reservation was still valid but the guy didn't fill me with confidence. So we are going to call the Hampton direct.

The La Concha Resort is definitely open for business and accepting reservations. They are selling day rooms for people that need a place to work with WIFI, electricity and a food credit.

Posted on Facebook yesterday.

Work from La Concha in Condado!

Let our Ocean Views inspire your best business ideas! We got the perfect meeting spaces waiting for you and your team. For $100.00 per person plus taxes and fees enjoy:

*self-parking

*$20 Food credit

*Wifi and electricity

All in the best business environment in Condado. To reserve your spot call us at 787-977-3416 or send us an email to catering@laconcharesort.com. Your new office is waiting for you!

The La Concha Resort is definitely open for business and accepting reservations. They are selling day rooms for people that need a place to work with WIFI, electricity and a food credit.

Work from La Concha in Condado!

Let our Ocean Views inspire your best business ideas! We got the perfect meeting spaces waiting for you and your team. For $100.00 per person plus taxes and fees enjoy:

*self-parking

*$20 Food credit

*Wifi and electricity

All in the best business environment in Condado. To reserve your spot call us at 787-977-3416 or send us an email to catering@laconcharesort.com. Your new office is waiting for you!

It says that on their FB page but if you go to the hotel website, there are no reservations available in the coming six weeks. I queried that on FB and was told to email the hotel directly. They have not responded to that email.

It says that on their FB page but if you go to the hotel website, there are no reservations available in the coming six weeks. I queried that on FB and was told to email the hotel directly. They have not responded to that email.

We are confirmed at La Concha for our pre-cruise night in a few weeks. I called the hotel directly and confirmed. They are honoring reservations over the next 6 weeks but not taking new ones - that is why you cannot book an overnight stay online as they are fully committed.

Just talked to the La Concha and they are "really" open for guests/reservations December 1st. Called the Vanderbilt Condado and they are "really" open for guests/reservations October 31st.

Just talked to the La Concha and they are "really" open for guests/reservations December 1st. Called the Vanderbilt Condado and they are "really" open for guests/reservations October 31st.

They are "really" open for guests on November 10th too :cool: