Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

I did cancel and took a 50% loss as I'm not dealing with this crap.

I literally had no clue about hurricane season, this is an expensive lesson learned and while pouring my heart out to Royal and explaining my situation and them not offering me a future credit or anything at all, I just won't sail with them again(I'm sure they don't care) but theres a reason why Royal has a 1.6* out of 5 on consumer affairs.

With Royal saying that, why are they even sailing out of San Juan if the port isn't even ready for passengers until 'end of the year'?

I'm waiting until last minute to lose 50% on my Nov 19th cruise incase they decide to cancel it (I doubt they would).

Isn't what you're quoting referring to other poets, not San Juan?

If they had the 10/7 cruise go and the 10/14 is planned, WHY would you think the 11/19 is being cancelled???

Okay, let's review. Last week's cruise, they picked people up at the airport, drove them to the ship and then didn't let them off in PR. They're are protecting their revenue but their pax aren't even able to spend in PR.

They have the option of shuttling people over. There were others who did not take that option and chose other methods of getting to the ship. Some even stayed overnight in town.

You've taken a kindness (and a necessity because only some hotels are open) and turned it into something else that isn't the truth.

Yep, what he said.

k.

I just contacted Westjet and they confirmed first flight to San Juan from Toronto is January 13th

I also asked them about return on th 28th which is a Sunday and they said that the flight will be coming home that day even though website shows no Sunday flights We are on the Jewel B2B

And booked on these two flights. SO PLEASE CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS DIRECTLY WITH WESTJET

Ontario Cruiser

I just contacted Westjet and they confirmed first flight to San Juan from Toronto is January 13th

I also asked them about return on th 28th which is a Sunday and they said that the flight will be coming home that day even though website shows no Sunday flights We are on the Jewel B2B

And booked on these two flights. SO PLEASE CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS DIRECTLY WITH WESTJET

Ontario Cruiser

Thats my issue, I won't fly with any other airline other than Westjet as I lost my baggage with Air Canada 3 times already and that was a huge headache on its own. I didn't get confirmation yet that my November 18th flight has been cancelled yet?

Thats my issue, I won't fly with any other airline other than Westjet as I lost my baggage with Air Canada 3 times already and that was a huge headache on its own. I didn't get confirmation yet that my November 18th flight has been cancelled yet?

I sure don't know what your problem is. Your cruise is not cancelled and won't be.

Cruises as of last weekend are going as scheduled. The things you quote about port not being ready for the rest of the year are coming from who knows where.

Insisting that you will only use a particular airline as an excuse to cancel is silly!

Since you've cancelled, that will be good news for you as you will get a refund and not a flight credit (if you haven't already canceled your air ticket)

I sure don't know what your problem is. Your cruise is not cancelled and won't be.

Cruises as of last weekend are going as scheduled. The things you quote about port not being ready for the rest of the year are coming from who knows where.

Insisting that you will only use a particular airline as an excuse to cancel is silly!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/US/en_US/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

October 12, 2017 at 2 PM EDT (next update tomorrow at 2 PM EDT)

Royal Caribbean leadership just returned from visits to San Juan and St. Thomas, and are planning a visit to St. Maarten on Monday. We were very impressed with the progress the islands are making to rebuild, and all three destinations are looking forward to welcoming back Royal Caribbean guests before the end of the year. In the next two weeks, working in conjunction with the local governments, we will announce the specific dates of our return to each of the islands.

You mean this quote that clearly states that the Island isn't ready for passengers until the end of the year? Why should a port be ready for embarkation/debarkation but not ready to accommodate port guests?

I did cancel and took a 50% loss as I'm not dealing with this crap.

I literally had no clue about hurricane season, this is an expensive lesson learned and while pouring my heart out to Royal and explaining my situation and them not offering me a future credit or anything at all, I just won't sail with them again(I'm sure they don't care) but theres a reason why Royal has a 1.6* out of 5 on consumer affairs.

Consumer affairs is a website that companies pay to be rated highly on. It's not a legitimate consumer information site.

Caveat Emptor. link

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/US/en_US/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

You mean this quote that clearly states that the Island isn't ready for passengers until the end of the year? Why should a port be ready for embarkation/debarkation but not ready to accommodate port guests?

Don't see how it's not ready as guests are leaving from there as of a week ago

There are 2 piers -

Pan american - Where RCI ships leave from and is working.

Old San Juan - Where RCI docks for cruises that leave from elsewhere, and other cruise lines leave from and is not operational at this point.

The OSJ pier is the port that is not ready for day passengers.

We're so fortunate that our cruise doesn't leave until February. I really feel for all of you that have cruises in the upcoming weeks/months. We'd decided to wait until mid- to late-November to make a decision, as we had the time to make a decision and not lose our deposit. I really think we will cruise as planned. The only ports on our itinerary that will be impacted are St. Thomas and San Juan. We were only planning one night in San Juan and our hotel is already operational. The modified itinerary for the same itinerary cruise leaving this weekend includes one port substitution (Antigua for St. Thomas). We'd be fine with that. I think we will likely still go to St. Thomas, as the island will likely be taking cruise passengers by then. Either way, we'll be happy.

This is a delayed honeymoon for us. We got married this month, but decided to repurpose this cruise - purchased almost two years in advance - as our delayed honeymoon. The storms have infused some stress into the planning and anticipation, but in the end, I think it will all work out great!

Looking forward to feedback from cruisers in the weeks ahead! HAPPY SAILING TO ALL!!

Don't see how it's not ready as guests are leaving from there as of a week ago

Only half the hotels on the island are open and a big chunk of them are being used for relief workers. There aren't enough flights to get everyone to the island on embarkation day. When Adventure sailed a week ago they shuttled people from the airport to the ship a day early and let them stay in their cabin. That will not be an option starting this week since they are doing 7 day sailings.

Plus they never over sell. I love westjet and fly with them whenever possible. If you don't have it yet look into the rbc westjet mastercard. It definitely saves us money every year - pays for itself in 1 flight with free checked bags.

Only half the hotels on the island are open and a big chunk of them are being used for relief workers. There aren't enough flights to get everyone to the island on embarkation day. When Adventure sailed a week ago they shuttled people from the airport to the ship a day early and let them stay in their cabin. That will not be an option starting this week since they are doing 7 day sailings.

The port is ready as is the ship and crew, from everything people have heard.

As for getting to the ship, people have a couple options if you are unable to get there -

1. Turn it into their insurance if it was booked by the traveler, maybe they can get to the second port if they are unable to make it to the origin, or if that won't work, then they should get their money back.

2. If they booked Air2Sea through RCI, RCI should make sure they make it, one way or another I believe.

Plus they never over sell. I love westjet and fly with them whenever possible. If you don't have it yet look into the rbc westjet mastercard. It definitely saves us money every year - pays for itself in 1 flight with free checked bags.

Yes, thats how I got my flights to Puerto Rico for incredibly cheap.. Now that the flights are cancelled I would have to pay a bunch and fly with Air Canada. I rather take the 50% loss, lol.

The port is ready as is the ship and crew, from everything people have heard.

As for getting to the ship, people have a couple options if you are unable to get there -

1. Turn it into their insurance if it was booked by the traveler, maybe they can get to the second port if they are unable to make it to the origin, or if that won't work, then they should get their money back.

2. If they booked Air2Sea through RCI, RCI should make sure they make it, one way or another I believe.

I never said the the port *wasn't* ready. I was responding to cruisinfanatic's statement questioning if the *island* was ready.

Yes, thats how I got my flights to Puerto Rico for incredibly cheap.. Now that the flights are cancelled I would have to pay a bunch and fly with Air Canada. I rather take the 50% loss, lol.

I don't blame you LOL.

You have to balance it with how much extra you would spend on flights too, and how much it would cost to book a last minute vacation somewhere else instead.

Hope you enjoy your honeymoon, wherever you end up!

I am on the November 11th Adventure sailing, and while initially I was throwing my own pity party, I have moved on and am now eagerly anticipating my cruise.

I fly on Air Canada on a very regular basis (business travel) and have never had an issue with lost luggage... I very seldom choose West Jet.

This time our flights are on AA as we are connecting through MIA the day before the cruise. The original plan was 3 nights pre-cruise in SJ, however we went ahead and changed our air tickets (the change fee was waived by AA), and we are now arriving at 4pm the day before and staying at La Concha, who by the way, are operating normally and NOT on generator power. I called the hotel directly yesterday, and felt a whole lot better after speaking to someone who is actually there (on the Condado), and not relying on news reports that focus mainly on the outlying areas of San Juan.

I was hoping that RCI would switch embarkation ports, and move the Adventure to Florida, but that is clearly not happening. I am choosing not to spend my energy (and what should be an exciting 4 weeks leading up to my cruise vacation) being pissed at the cruise line, but instead making some changes to my travel plans. I know not everyone feels this way, but this is what I am choosing to do.

Don't feel sorry for me because I have a cruise in the next few weeks and yours is a few months down the road, I am going to have a fantastic vacation! ;)

I don't blame you LOL.

You have to balance it with how much extra you would spend on flights too, and how much it would cost to book a last minute vacation somewhere else instead.

Hope you enjoy your honeymoon, wherever you end up!

Thank you very much.

Got my flights changed to Orlando for no cost, staying there for two weeks. Got a 6 day Disney pass (Military Discount) for almost 50% off. Using an aunt's timeshare to stay at a nice resort for two weeks for $0(she doesn't use the timeshare).

Just need to rent a car $500 and we're good to go for 2 weeks, its better than wasting $2000 on flights to Puerto Rico, booking possible hotels ($500)+ and dealing with that whole headache.

Anyways, I'll stop blogging/venting on here. Sorry :p

I never said the the port *wasn't* ready. I was responding to cruisinfanatic's statement questioning if the *island* was ready.

Maybe I quoted the wrong person, but some are suggesting that since their flight was cancelled, they should get their money back from RCI.