Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

Just an FYI,

Was randomly checking on my hotel reservations at the Caribe Hilton for our December 2 cruise and saw on their website that the hotel will not be accepting any reservations until after DECEMBER 31. I received no notice and actually confirmed my reservation yesterday with Hilton. Needless to say the reservations person I talked to sucked and continued to tell me that they will refund my points used and there were no reservations available at any Hilton property for those dates. Round and round we go. I finally talked to someone else and was checking online at the same time and found the Condado Plaza Hilton had rooms available for $267 or 77,000 points a night, I used 35,000 points to book originally. Luckily I have a room for now even though it is costing more. Hilton Hotels was no help.

We were on the Oct. 7 sailing of the AOS from San Juan. Our departing flight was at 12:40 p.m. via Southwest Airlines to Orlando.

We left the ship yesterday morning via the RCL provided transfer to the airport. Everyone using the RCL transfers loaded their luggage into a box truck and then boarded smaller passenger buses for the short ride to the airport.

SJU airport was a bit hectic yesterday with cruisers departing from the 10/7 cruise and cruisers arriving for the 10/14 cruise.

Getting our luggage at the airport was a bit of a cluster because there were multiple trucks with luggage and nobody knew which truck their luggage was on and it was all being unloaded quickly onto the sidewalk at the very, hot airport.

Once we received our luggage, we had to wait in long lines at the Southwest ticketing area to tag & drop off our luggage. Yes, it was very hot at the airport, because much of the air conditioning still was not working, but we were early for our 12:40 pm flight to Orlando which left without any trouble.

I assume as more time goes by, the airport will be fully operational, but all in all, I thought RCL did a good job of transferring its passengers to and from the airport and cruise port.

Just be a little patient, ask questions if you need to and remember you're on vacation, which is a luxury many people never get to experience.

Just an FYI,

Was randomly checking on my hotel reservations at the Caribe Hilton for our December 2 cruise and saw on their website that the hotel will not be accepting any reservations until after DECEMBER 31. I received no notice and actually confirmed my reservation yesterday with Hilton. Needless to say the reservations person I talked to sucked and continued to tell me that they will refund my points used and there were no reservations available at any Hilton property for those dates. Round and round we go. I finally talked to someone else and was checking online at the same time and found the Condado Plaza Hilton had rooms available for $267 or 77,000 points a night, I used 35,000 points to book originally. Luckily I have a room for now even though it is costing more. Hilton Hotels was no help.

I think the same might be true at the Hampton Inn. Our res still looks ok but if you go on their website, there is not a single reservable night before January

According to Hilton, we still have our reservation at the Hampton Inn 11/9 to 11/11.

I am considering flying into Fort Lauderdale two days prior instead, not sure what to do.???

I think the same might be true at the Hampton Inn. Our res still looks ok but if you go on their website, there is not a single reservable night before January

I reached out via Facebook to the Holiday Inn Express Condado about a possible reservation for Nov. 10th. I didn’t receive a response for four days and decided to change my flight to embarkation day. They just answered me and said to call 787-724-4160 for reservations. Hopefully, this information helps someone.

According to Hilton, we still have our reservation at the Hampton Inn 11/9 to 11/11.

I am considering flying into Fort Lauderdale two days prior instead, not sure what to do.???

We still technically have our November reservation also but I reached out to the hotel and they said while they are not yet open to the public and may be by November, they advise making a back-up reservation elsewhere. Based on that and other posts, I've started to wonder if FEMA mad a deal with Hilton for a bunch of their hotels. FEMA has to house not only relief workers but also locals who have been displaced by the storm, I think.

Given the number of people who read CC is in the minority, I do wonder how many people think they have hotel reservations but actually don't. In every case of folks having reservations in a hotel that is closed, it seems that they found out only by calling the hotel directly. If they just called the hotel's main reservation line or waited until the hotel reached out to them, they found out much later.

Given the number of people who read CC is in the minority, I do wonder how many people think they have hotel reservations but actually don't. In every case of folks having reservations in a hotel that is closed, it seems that they found out only by calling the hotel directly. If they just called the hotel's main reservation line or waited until the hotel reached out to them, they found out much later.

I received no notification from Hilton. It was me checking on my reservation that I found out it was cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Oct. 7 sailing of the AOS from San Juan. Our departing flight was at 12:40 p.m. via Southwest Airlines to Orlando.

We left the ship yesterday morning via the RCL provided transfer to the airport. Everyone using the RCL transfers loaded their luggage into a box truck and then boarded smaller passenger buses for the short ride to the airport.

SJU airport was a bit hectic yesterday with cruisers departing from the 10/7 cruise and cruisers arriving for the 10/14 cruise.

Getting our luggage at the airport was a bit of a cluster because there were multiple trucks with luggage and nobody knew which truck their luggage was on and it was all being unloaded quickly onto the sidewalk at the very, hot airport.

Once we received our luggage, we had to wait in long lines at the Southwest ticketing area to tag & drop off our luggage. Yes, it was very hot at the airport, because much of the air conditioning still was not working, but we were early for our 12:40 pm flight to Orlando which left without any trouble.

I assume as more time goes by, the airport will be fully operational, but all in all, I thought RCL did a good job of transferring its passengers to and from the airport and cruise port.

Just be a little patient, ask questions if you need to and remember you're on vacation, which is a luxury many people never get to experience.

Can I ask what time you got to the airport? We have an 11:50 flight in a couple of weeks and I'm a little nervous about it.

Can I ask what time you got to the airport? We have an 11:50 flight in a couple of weeks and I'm a little nervous about it.
We did an AA Flight at 11:30 recently. Got off the ship at 8:30 a.m. We were waiting at our boarding gate by 9:45 a.m.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

October 16, 2017 at Noon EDT (next update Friday, 10/20 at 5 PM EDT)

Royal Caribbean leadership recently returned from visits to St. Thomas and San Juan and will be visiting St. Maarten on Wednesday. We continue to be impressed with the progress the islands are making to rebuild, and are excited to announce our return to St. Thomas with the Adventure of the Seas on November 10. In the next few weeks, working in conjunction with the local governments, we will announce the specific dates in November for our return to San Juan and St. Maarten.

Upon arrival in St. Thomas guests will be able to enjoy a vast array of activities, dining and shopping. Downtown shops are open and have full power, the majority of restaurants and bars are also open, and the boats and catamarans that are used to enjoy the waters of the Caribbean are ready for guests. We are also partnering with the USVI government to restore Magen’s Bay, one of St. Thomas’ most popular tourist attractions. The beach will have its grand re-opening coinciding with Adventure’s arrival on November 10. Magen’s Bay will be joined by Secret Sands Beach, Secret Harbor Beach Club, Lindquists Beach, Honeymoon Beach on Water Island, and Abi Beach – all open for guests to enjoy.

We anticipate no further changes to our scheduled calls in St. Thomas, San Juan and St. Maarten for sailings December 1, 2017 forward.

Just posted on Royal Caribbean website. FYI.

VR,

T Lex

We anticipate no further changes to our scheduled calls in St. Thomas, San Juan and St. Maarten for sailings December 1, 2017 forward.

Just posted on Royal Caribbean website. FYI.

VR,

T Lex

Good news. Hope they provide more details on November replacements, soon.

I didn't get any notification from HIlton either.

http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/hotels/ says Embassy suites is open and taking reservations after Oct 31st.

However, when I called the hotel I was told they're closed until December 15th.

When I called hilton about it I was transferred to a 'team handling those issues" and the woman I spoke to told me there were no hilton properties available for me and just wanted to know if I was ready to cancel my reservation. It was an odd conversation because she asked me multiple times if I wanted to cancel. I'm sure in the next few weeks there will be plenty of stories about people who had a reservation but the hotel isn't honoring them.

I didn't get any notification from HIlton either.

http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/hotels/ says Embassy suites is open and taking reservations after Oct 31st.

However, when I called the hotel I was told they're closed until December 15th.

When I called hilton about it I was transferred to a 'team handling those issues" and the woman I spoke to told me there were no hilton properties available for me and just wanted to know if I was ready to cancel my reservation. It was an odd conversation because she asked me multiple times if I wanted to cancel. I'm sure in the next few weeks there will be plenty of stories about people who had a reservation but the hotel isn't honoring them.

I wonder why they were so eager for you to cancel? Maybe there is some rule in the Innkeepers' Act 9or whatever it is called in PR) that they need to find you replacement accommodation? I doubt it but it seems odd. Maybe she just wanted to close the file.

I just called the Hampton Inn for my reservation Dec 2nd. He told me the hotel will likely be closed and could not recommend any other hotels he thought may be open.

Any suggestions ...anyone?

I just called the Hampton Inn for my reservation Dec 2nd. He told me the hotel will likely be closed and could not recommend any other hotels he thought may be open.

Any suggestions ...anyone?

I don't know how accurate this is, but you can give it a try: http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/hotels/

I would not trust the hotel's website or national 800 number, I'd call the local property directly to confirm they are open.

I don't know how accurate this is, but you can give it a try: http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/hotels/

I would not trust the hotel's website or national 800 number, I'd call the local property directly to confirm they are open.

Thank you. I have been watching that site for a few weeks and thought I was okay. I decided I had better call directly to the hotel today and was told no reservation. So that website is not accurate. very frustrating. Anyone booked at a hotel that has confirmed? Dates: Dec 2nd

Thank you. I have been watching that site for a few weeks and thought I was okay. I decided I had better call directly to the hotel today and was told no reservation. So that website is not accurate. very frustrating. Anyone booked at a hotel that has confirmed? Dates: Dec 2nd

People on the 10/14 cruise confirmed that they checked into the Comfort Inn without any issues, although it was running on a generator.

I've confirmed my reservation with the AC Hotel. I've spoken with them by phone twice and via Facebook once.

People on the 10/14 cruise confirmed that they checked into the Comfort Inn without any issues, although it was running on a generator.

I've confirmed my reservation with the AC Hotel. I've spoken with them by phone twice and via Facebook once.

Sorry AC hotel? not sure what that means.