$42 for Chops Grille on Anthem sail Jan. 28th

nelblu

I thought $35 for Chops on the Brilliance was a little over the top, but $42 that's outrageous. In addition $35 for Jamie's which IMO the selections are not as good as Giovanni's which was $25 pre-cruise & $29 while on board. I think that RCL is pushing Paxs that want to dine in SR to the 3 or ultimate package.

It's $49 on Oasis class ships.

There, don't you feel better now? ;)

Absolutely. Can't wait to book it. ;p

By the way Mom, do you know what restaurants are included in the 3 restaurants promo. It's a 12 nite cruise and for $85 per seems reasonable.

Absolutely. Can't wait to book it. ;p

By the way Mom, do you know what restaurants are included in the 3 restaurants promo. It's a 12 nite cruise and for $85 per seems reasonable.

It's good at any restaurant except Chef's Table, AFAIK. At Izumi you will get a $35 credit per person.

I have not done the package, but if I had to pick three, I would do #1 Wonderland, #2 Jamie's Italian and #3 Izumi. JMO

It's good at any restaurant except Chef's Table, AFAIK. At Izumi you will get a $35 credit per person.

I have not done the package, but if I had to pick three, I would do #1 Wonderland, #2 Jamie's Italian and #3 Izumi. JMO

Just curious what is AFAIK. We ate in Izumi on the Brilliance and loved with the hot rock plate. Can't recall if the same on the Q class.

The "First Night Done Right" offer can work for many people if they want to try the more expensive restaurants.

True. We plan on using it for CP150 in 11 days, but we also know we'll pay 1/2 price instead of the $15 (even though the web page specifically says "no restrictions" when you purchase it lol).

I agree it's getting a little steep. But I would like to add that in addition to better food, you are also paying for a better overall dining experience. Better spacing between tables, better waiter service, more relaxing. I cannot compare an experience in the MDR on any cruise ship I've been on, including Anthem, to dining in a specialty venue. I find the MDR so un-relaxing because the waiters have too many tables and cannot pay much attention any one in particular. Getting a second drink is always a challenge and it always feels more crowded, your neighbors are so close sometimes people feel the need to start chatting because it's weird. So I'm still willing to pay extra for an upgraded dining experience. I will never forget dinner in the Grande on Anthem, we were all dressed up in formal gear and excited for a lovely dinner. The took forever leading us around a pretty much empty dining room only to finally put us a to table directly next to the only other couple around, and it was about 8 inches away. Made for an awkward dinner! Especially when the food and service was dismal for all four of us and we all had a lousy night. We did not return during our 12 night cruise and doubled up on some specialty venues like Chops and Jamie's where they treated us very well and the food was outstanding.

I agree it's getting a little steep. But I would like to add that in addition to better food, you are also paying for a better overall dining experience. Better spacing between tables, better waiter service, more relaxing. I cannot compare an experience in the MDR on any cruise ship I've been on, including Anthem, to dining in a specialty venue. I find the MDR so un-relaxing because the waiters have too many tables and cannot pay much attention any one in particular. Getting a second drink is always a challenge and it always feels more crowded, your neighbors are so close sometimes people feel the need to start chatting because it's weird. So I'm still willing to pay extra for an upgraded dining experience. I will never forget dinner in the Grande on Anthem, we were all dressed up in formal gear and excited for a lovely dinner. The took forever leading us around a pretty much empty dining room only to finally put us a to table directly next to the only other couple around, and it was about 8 inches away. Made for an awkward dinner! Especially when the food and service was dismal for all four of us and we all had a lousy night. We did not return during our 12 night cruise and doubled up on some specialty venues like Chops and Jamie's where they treated us very well and the food was outstanding.

In all of my 25 cruises with RCL, I've never felt or treated as you described. The only terrible experience was at the Grande on the Quantum. This was around the same time that it was announced that the ship was going to China. A lot of unhappy staff members. However, on the next rotation to the Grande, it was a totally different experience as the waiters could not do more for you.

Also, on occasion, we've d had bad experiences in the SR. These days the service is a far cry from the first time we dined in Portofino--That was a dining experience.

The "First Night Done Right" offer can work for many people if they want to try the more expensive restaurants.

Carol,

I was on AL b2b 9/03 and 9/10 and they did not allow FNDR at the top venues, only Sabor, Giovanni's, and Johnny Rockets. When I learned that, I cancelled and my $ was refunded. Later I heard that you could use FNDR with an upcharge based on the difference between what you wanted and what they allowed, but I didn't follow up on that so I don't know the details.

Chops is not worth $100 for two people when the MDR is around the corner. The MDR is not that bad and definitely worth keeping a hundred bucks!

I would rather spend my $42pp at home enjoying a meal at a restaurant that has a better wine selection, service, atmosphere and fresher food so I can make a whole evening out of it. In recent years I've always felt rushed on the ship. Reason being. the packages, when the first question from the server is, do you have the package and I don't, how do you think that makes me feel?

However, I do feel everyone should experience Wonderland at least once for it's uniqueness.

Our last experience with Chops on Anthem in March was terrible or should I say service was incompetent, which totally destroyed our experience.....After waiting for 20 minutes our order was taken and it was down hill from there, food was okay but it would have been nice to have the entrees served with the correct side dishes, we left without even having dessert. Needless to say no extra tip for our server and we were so kind..maybe to understanding that he took advantage of us.

Edited by land lover

Carol,

I was on AL b2b 9/03 and 9/10 and they did not allow FNDR at the top venues, only Sabor, Giovanni's, and Johnny Rockets. When I learned that, I cancelled and my $ was refunded. Later I heard that you could use FNDR with an upcharge based on the difference between what you wanted and what they allowed, but I didn't follow up on that so I don't know the details.

In that situation they refund the FNDR to your on-board account and you pay half price at Chops. FNDR at JR means you're actually paying double lol!! Only saving $4 @ Sabor and $6 @ Giovanni's on Oasis.