MTD reservation now "at your leisure" ?

karaloo

I'm headed out on the Anthem in a couple of weeks and had made My Time Dining reservations for the same time every night of the cruise. I logged into my Cruise Planner today and noticed it had been updated to "At your leisure." When I try to modify the reservations to set the time again, the times I am interested in are not available. I didn't get a notification via email that anything had changed. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks!

Interesting that you should say this.

I have Anthem booked for the Christmas cruise. I was trying to book dining times that linked my cabin and my children, and got some sort of error saying they weren't booked on the cruise.

Called to confirm, and all was well. Rep then says I can do your reservations, and when I get the confirmation, it shows the same thing you see...between 5:30 and 7:30 or so, at your leisure. Not what I wanted or asked her to do. I wanted a specific time. She tells me this is what they do.

I'm going to call C&A and ask them about it. I might just delete all that she booked and try it again myself.

ETA: I just called C&A and they are changing the reservations to a specific time. Of course, nothing open between 5:30 and 7:30 so I'm taking 7:45 and I'll see about moving things around on board. I'm sure we'll do at least one night of specialty dining with my mom's D+ and I believe we have a specialty dining promotion from my agency. If they offer the FNDR we'll probably do that too.

Edited by njmomof2

Just Checked ***** my Ovation Xmas Cruise and all my booked times have disappeared and now say "at your Leisure"

What's going on RCCI.

EDIT:

Just cancelled the first night and my cancellation email says the original time that I booked, so I re-booked it again for the same time.

I'll take my original calendar printout with me just in Case.

They don't generally offer the "popular" timeslots in advance. Once on the ship, you can book those times. Between 6:45 and 7:30 are the "popular" times....everyone wants to eat then! (well, almost everyone!)

Not sure it is even because of popular times, if they assign those times, then that table could potentially only be used once. They would have to hold the table out of the first group, and then it could turnover later than the late seating.

Just checked my time dining reservations for upcoming cruise. Mid October 2017. All dining reservation times in tack and still says "My Time Dining".

I wonder when the change over will actually takes place and if it is fleet wide.

We are on Serenade.

I had 2 MTD reservations for 6:30 made for my upcoming Anthem cruise. Now the time is gone and in its place it says “at your leisure”. Maybe they’re not accepting reservations for MTD anymore? Doesn’t really bother me because I’ve never really noticed a difference whether we had a reservation or not for a table for 2.

Just Checked ***** my Ovation Xmas Cruise and all my booked times have disappeared and now say "at your Leisure"

What's going on RCCI.

EDIT:

Just cancelled the first night and my cancellation email says the original time that I booked, so I re-booked it again for the same time.

I'll take my original calendar printout with me just in Case.

I went into my order history and it still shows the dates there so I printed a copy of that.

I had 2 MTD reservations for 6:30 made for my upcoming Anthem cruise. Now the time is gone and in its place it says “at your leisure”. Maybe they’re not accepting reservations for MTD anymore? Doesn’t really bother me because I’ve never really noticed a difference whether we had a reservation or not for a table for 2.

Our last two cruises on Radiance we have seen a big difference in MTD as there would be a long line for those without reservations and a non-existent line for those with reservations. Maybe they run it different.

My Cruise Planner Calendar also indicates MTD reservations as " at your leisure" for Harmony in January. Called C & A and all my reservations are still there for the times/days selected and linked with our friends. He emailed our reservations to me. Wow, their website is horrible!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had booked all our March 2018 Harmony MTD a few weeks ago and was happy to get the 6:15 reservation (there were no times available between 6:30 to 7:30). Now my cruise planner also says "At your Leisure". Hoping others are right and my times are still reserved. If this is a new system for MTD, I won't be happy.

Darn! I just went to check out upcoming cruise on Harmony in Dec and they've changed all ours to "at your leisure" as well. I just spent about 45 minutes two days ago(and also about 30 mins on the time phone with royal) dealing with times and adding people to our reservations for the dining time - all gone now. Very annoying.

I had booked all our March 2018 Harmony MTD a few weeks ago and was happy to get the 6:15 reservation (there were no times available between 6:30 to 7:30). Now my cruise planner also says "At your Leisure". Hoping others are right and my times are still reserved. If this is a new system for MTD, I won't be happy.

I wonder if there were many people that had reservations that would then not show up, or show up at a different time? If it was only at your leisure, then it might make it go quicker for all.

How far in advance do they open the times so that I can book ours? Right now ours in not available because we are 9 months out but want to choose them as soon as they are available.

No set time, just keep checking your Cruise Planner.

Interesting that you should say this.

I have Anthem booked for the Christmas cruise. I was trying to book dining times that linked my cabin and my children, and got some sort of error saying they weren't booked on the cruise.

Called to confirm, and all was well. Rep then says I can do your reservations, and when I get the confirmation, it shows the same thing you see...between 5:30 and 7:30 or so, at your leisure. Not what I wanted or asked her to do. I wanted a specific time. She tells me this is what they do.

I'm going to call C&A and ask them about it. I might just delete all that she booked and try it again myself.

ETA: I just called C&A and they are changing the reservations to a specific time. Of course, nothing open between 5:30 and 7:30 so I'm taking 7:45 and I'll see about moving things around on board. I'm sure we'll do at least one night of specialty dining with my mom's D+ and I believe we have a specialty dining promotion from my agency. If they offer the FNDR we'll probably do that too.

Hello - we are booked on the same Anthem holiday cruise too! Thank you for the heads up. Just checked cruise planner and noticed the changed as well. I just called RC and the rep. said our original reservations and times are still there on their end. Perhaps its just a computer glitch? Luckily I printed out our original dining info. It's been very confusing...

If they are taking away set time reservations in MTD I’m going to be upset. We choose MTD because some nights we don’t even go to the MDR and don’t want to tie up a table in traditional dining.

Also we travel with little kids. Having a set time is far more desirable for us than having to wait in line, with two kids, until they have a table available for us.

I’m sailing in December and going to check my res later.

Hi all! I sail in August with a booked family and linked of four cabins-12 people total but we may end up being 18. We have MTD for Allure. When do I book the specific times? Early seating is too early for my sisters family and late dining is too late for my sisters family. Thanks.

Hi all! I sail in August with a booked family and linked of four cabins-12 people total but we may end up being 18. We have MTD for Allure. When do I book the specific times? Early seating is too early for my sisters family and late dining is too late for my sisters family. Thanks.

There's no set time for reservations to open. Keep checking your Cruise Planner.