Pinnacle name tags

I'm just curious why pinnacle members wear their name tags no matter if their clothes are casual or formal.

Everyone is different. How do you know how many Pinnacle members are not wearing their name tags?

Everyone is different. How do you know how many Pinnacle members are not wearing their name tags?

Agree there!! Many of them love traveling "incognito". ;)And how many enthusiasts wear their team logo, designer labels, and......those really cool green John Deere caps? :D

I also love my collection of logo wine glasses!! :cool:

OK, I'm taking that personal now.;p

LOL!!! But I think you look really dapper in that cap Bob, it also makes it easier to find you! :D

We wear theme items of what we love and are interested in. Nothing wrong with that, and makes life more fun! :cool:

On our last cruise on Majesty, there was one fellow who was wearing a "3/4 Pinnacle" badge.

I think I know who that is. If so we made 1/2 Pinnacle together and talked about doing that! ;)

Also, we have several cruise friends that unless someone went to the Top Tier likely would not know they were high level Pinnacles as they never wear their name tags.

It's going well. We missed Coco Cay but Captain is going to try again tomorrow. Raining here in Nassau so staying on board

For some reason I thought you were on Oasis. Good luck making Coco Cay!

I'm just curious why pinnacle members wear their name tags no matter if their clothes are casual or formal.

Snooty response: because they can; because they like wearing it; because it reminds them that they once had a lot of money but now they do not because they gave it all to Royal Caribbean.

Nice response: when approaching a crew member with a question or request, the Pinnacle badge makes it go easier.

Example: if a Pinnacle were to approach Guest Services to report that their cabin phone is not working properly the results vary... not wearing pin the answer unfolds like this "Let me explain to you how the phone is supposed to work". Guest then says "I know how the phone is supposed to work". "But, let me explain to you how it works" and on and on. Wearing pin the answer is this "Let me report that for you."

That is just one of many examples that I could give.

Example: If I were to take the small "cooler" that we have to the Windjammer and ask that it be filled with ice: No pin....maybe it will be filled maybe not. Wearing the pin: "yes, let me fill that for you."

Edited by beachnative

Snooty response: because they can.

Nice response: when approaching a crew member with a question or request, the Pinnacle badge makes it go easier. Example: if a Pinnacle were to approach Guest Services to report that their cabin phone is not working properly the results vary... not wearing pin the answer unfolds like this "Let me explain to you how the phone is supposed to work". Guest then says "I know how the phone is supposed to work". "But, let me explain to you how it works" and on and on. Wearing pin the answer is this "Let me report that for you."

That is just one of many examples that I could give.

And then when Pinnacles like you two proudly wear their badges...it gives the very best of an

impression of a nice couple Pinnacles to know. :D

I first saw that for the first time on my last voyage.

It was an older couple, whom were the most bitter, miserable looking people I have ever seen in quite some time.

How in the world can you spend that much time & money on a mass-market cruise line??

No matter the clothes, huh? Thanks. Now I'm imagining some of my Pinnacle friends wearing their name tag on their speedo. I really don't like you for having put that image in my mind. :D;)

island lady - you stole that. ;) One cruise the SL was pretty much us and 6 Pinnacles, 2 of whom we had met before. Since the 8 of us had the lounge almost to ourselves, we named ourselves the PIT's. Exactly - Pinnacle in Training. We'll never make it but we sure enjoy "trying".

I first saw that for the first time on my last voyage.

It was an older couple, whom were the most bitter, miserable looking people I have ever seen in quite some time.

How in the world can you spend that much time & money on a mass-market cruise line??

who