Help with best time to book FLL hotels and suggestions for where

Sunfun51

Hey there. We are staying in FLL on Feb 24. When should I start looking for hotel deals? (one night/3 rooms). When do the best deals usually come out? We will need port shuttle or taxi. Any suggestions for particular hotels? We don't want to pay too much but do want a pool, some tasty cocktails and walking distance to pub priced restaurants. Any and all suggestions for where and when to book are really really appreciated.

I would be booking something now for February, but that's me, I book the hotel as soon as I book my cruise.

I like the Hyatt Place 17th Street hotel. They have a hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/room, free breakfast and a shuttle to the pier the next day for $7/person. This hotel is very close to a mall where there is a Total Wine, Publix grocery store and Duffy's Pub for some great food And 2 for 1 cocktails! There are other restaurants in that area as well. We stayed here this past March before our cruise and booked through valuetrips.com and got a great price.

As of right now valuetrips has not yet posted their prices for 2018, someone on these boards said it would be sometime after September, but I haven't seen them yet. Either way this is a great hotel for a pre cruise stay.

Hey there. We are staying in FLL on Feb 24. When should I start looking for hotel deals? (one night/3 rooms). When do the best deals usually come out? We will need port shuttle or taxi. Any suggestions for particular hotels? We don't want to pay too much but do want a pool, some tasty cocktails and walking distance to pub priced restaurants. Any and all suggestions for where and when to book are really really appreciated.

Because that is peak season for FLL you need to find something right away!! Rates will be high, so prepare yourself for that.

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

I would be booking something now for February, but that's me, I book the hotel as soon as I book my cruise.

I like the Hyatt Place 17th Street hotel. They have a hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/room, free breakfast and a shuttle to the pier the next day for $7/person. This hotel is very close to a mall where there is a Total Wine, Publix grocery store and Duffy's Pub for some great food And 2 for 1 cocktails! There are other restaurants in that area as well. We stayed here this past March before our cruise and booked through valuetrips.com and got a great price.

As of right now valuetrips has not yet posted their prices for 2018, someone on these boards said it would be sometime after September, but I haven't seen them yet. Either way this is a great hotel for a pre cruise stay.

Agree...with this completely...did the exact same thing for our last March cruise. Actually I think I'm the one that originally suggested this to you. Glad it worked as well for you as it did for us.

Yikes, I will agree with everyone and say we would have already booked months ago! You can use the search function here and read some of the many threads on Fort Lauderdale hotels, check Trip advisor for reviews, use Google maps to get your bearings, and then make your decision.

Have a good cruise. :)

Because you need three rooms, you need to book asap. You don't mention your budget. Figure $200 and up per room. Staying a little further from the port would save a bit.

How many people? Using Uber is easy in Ft. L.

We always book right away.

Just booked a hotel room in another city yesterday for a cruise one year away.

We book a rate that allows us to cancel without a fee.

Once booked I check the rates every couple of weeks. If they go down I followup to get the lower rate. If they go up we are protected.

I take the same approach if renting a car.

Keith

Because that is peak season for FLL you need to find something right away!! Rates will be high, so prepare yourself for that.

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

We cruised last January. Stayed at Best Western FLL Port. Rooms were nice, complimentary breakfast was great and they arrange transfer to port for $10. Would definitely stay there again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree...with this completely...did the exact same thing for our last March cruise. Actually I think I'm the one that originally suggested this to you. Glad it worked as well for you as it did for us.

Yes you did, thank you very much and as I said before it's our go to hotel now. My sister is booked there for March and is still waiting for valuetrips to post their 2018 prices.

Because you need three rooms, you need to book asap. You don't mention your budget. Figure $200 and up per room. Staying a little further from the port would save a bit.

How many people? Using Uber is easy in Ft. L.

Oh dear, now I'm getting stressed. I didn't realize we should have booked sooner. Our budget would be somewhere between $200-$240 because once we convert to Cdn the bottom line isn't as pretty. Lol. I've got a lot of research to do in the next couple of days to find something refundable and figure out if it's close enough to port. I will watch this thing called valuetrips too as it sounds like a great site! CC is such a great place for information! thank you all for helping. :cool:

We cruised last January. Stayed at Best Western FLL Port. Rooms were nice, complimentary breakfast was great and they arrange transfer to port for $10. Would definitely stay there again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. Just called but they are sold out. :o

I check hotel/flight availability and price before I book a cruise. Too easy to inadvertently book a cruise during a big local event or time of year that makes it very expensive to sail.

Roz

Oh dear, now I'm getting stressed. I didn't realize we should have booked sooner. Our budget would be somewhere between $200-$240 because once we convert to Cdn the bottom line isn't as pretty. Lol. I've got a lot of research to do in the next couple of days to find something refundable and figure out if it's close enough to port. I will watch this thing called valuetrips too as it sounds like a great site! CC is such a great place for information! thank you all for helping. :cool:

You can look in Plantation area of Florida and get a good hotel rate and some will have free airport and pier shuttles, just do you research, don't stress, you'll find something.....

My friend and I are cruising out of Port Everglades in January. We have reservations at the Hampton Inn in Plantation. They offer a shuttle from the airport and to the port in the morning. Reasonable rates and good reviews. You might want to take a look.

I booked in August for our January cruise- I watched the rates for a few months and then booked the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach (did not pay now; can cancel). The plan is to wait and see how much The Hyatt will be on Valuetrips when they come out with 2018.

My friend and I are cruising out of Port Everglades in January. We have reservations at the Hampton Inn in Plantation. They offer a shuttle from the airport and to the port in the morning. Reasonable rates and good reviews. You might want to take a look.

Thanks so much for the tip! We booked at the Hampton now too. Now I can breathe easy. ;p

We have stayed many places in FLL but now only stay at the Hampton Inn Cruise port location. Staff nice, they pick up at airport and will take you to several places for dinner. There is also a great sports bar next door in the strip mall which we enjoy that has great burgers. There is also a Dollar Store for all the things your forgot to pack. Enjoy your cruise.

OP. if you need three rooms why don’t you look at Airbnb and/or VRBO. It’s a little late to be looking but you never know.

FWIW as others we book ASAP and watch the rates. But Florida in the winter is a tough nut to crack. We booked our room at Marriott Stanton South Beach for our cruise almost a year ago. Price hasn’t budged one way or the other. It’s crazy expensive but we were able to book it with MR points.