Upgrade fairy

mlmbar

Upgraded from JS to owner's suite on this Saturday's adventure for $700! So excited because I was very apprehensive about this cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a great deal!! Congrats and enjoy! You will love all the full suites

bennies! :)

Did they call you, or was this a self upgrade?

That's a great deal!! Congrats and enjoy! You will love all the full suites

bennies! :)

Did they call you, or was this a self upgrade?

I was called Last week I asked about the upgrade to GS and was told it was $3000! Upgrade, upsell who cares?? LOL

It was $700 total and we paid $2448 total forour JS

Dang - So Jealous. Prices look so good when you don't have 4 kids. We paid more than you paid all together to get into a D3 and a D8 on the 7th floor of the Anthem in the cheapest week of the year :) and that was with 2 of the kids free!

-Sean

That original price was a already good deal on a JS!! :)

Great deal all the way around!

i KNOW! We were so happy with that JS price and certainly worth adding $700. A regular balcony was going for the same price

Seriously? Semantics. It did not cost much and it is definitely an upgrade

Uhh... called and asked to pay for a better cabin versus awarded a better cabin for free... are two completely different things. When I see "upgrade fairy", I'm interested in finding out why RCI deviated from their normal operating model (i.e, upsells).

I am sorry but that call was to occupy a higher cost cabin that they didn't sell and they hoped you would pay all that extra money so they have a better chance in selling your room which is less costly....I don't see it as a bonus at all, this same thing happened to me two years ago, happened to be they wanted $500 more and I told them that is not a bargain because if I wanted a Junior Suite at the time I booked my sailing, it was the very same cost at that time for that cabin. Now, if they even asked for $100-$200 maybe thats ok, but $500 more for a 4 night cruise......maybe 7 nights it may be ok, but 4! :o

Uhh... called and asked to pay for a better cabin versus awarded a better cabin for free... are two completely different things. When I see "upgrade fairy", I'm interested in finding out why RCI deviated from their normal operating model (i.e, upsells).

I DID NOT call them. They called me. YES I paid extra, Yes, it is an UPGRADE from a JS

I am sorry but that call was to occupy a higher cost cabin that they didn't sell and they hoped you would pay all that extra money so they have a better chance in selling your room which is less costly....I don't see it as a bonus at all, this same thing happened to me two years ago, happened to be they wanted $500 more and I told them that is not a bargain because if I wanted a Junior Suite at the time I booked my sailing, it was the very same cost at that time for that cabin. Now, if they even asked for $100-$200 maybe thats ok, but $500 more for a 4 night cruise......maybe 7 nights it may be ok, but 4! :o

This IS a SEVEN night cruise. I had js that I got for a very low price because I booked early. What we are paying for an OS is LESS than a JS was going for. Talk about a buzz kill. I am sorry I posted. OK semantics, I said upgrade fairy and got slammed.

That is a wonderful deal! Congratulations and have fun on your cruise. I can't wait to see your pictures of your suite!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! I thought it was a great deal and I will never be able to get an OS for this price