Bringing water and soda on board

lbfluffy

After reading this, I am planning on taking six 20 packs of bottle water on my next cruise (we are a group of nine). So I am going to make some 'handles' out of duct tape and rope to assist the cabin stewards who have to haul them to the stateroom .... My new summer project, and I board on Dec 1st so I better get cracking :p

If you pre-order you can purchase 12 half liter bottles of water for $6.90. The price by the bottle onboard is considerably higher.

Yes, but the bottled water aficionados can't conceive that free water could possibly be good for you.[emoji33]

Or some like myself drink both, bottled to take on excursions and tap water in the restaurants onboard.

Yes, but the bottled water aficionados can't conceive that free water could possibly be good for you.:eek:

I find the bottle water easier to use. I don't have to clean the bottle out after use, don't have to refill the bottle either. The water bottle is the perfect size to add a Crystal Lite packet to. Just a matter of choice.

If you do not see an option where you can pre-order your water, simply call Princess, they will be happy to take your money!! (they will charge your credit card immediately for the water). We always do this when we travel to foreign countries. We do not want the hassle of buying water (we like the American kind and Princess ships no matter where they are in the world stock American water). I want my water bottled in the US!!!. When you arrive, your water will be waiting for you in your cabin. For cruises out of the US, we normally always bring a sturdy gym bag with a handle and wheels (they fold) and we buy a case of 24 or 36 from Costco or 3 x 12) and we bring on board in our gym bag with a luggage tag and pronto it arrives in our room with our other luggage. We do not drink pop so cannot help you there. In terms of wine, we carry a bottle each in our back pack and there is never an issue.

i commend princess for cheap bottled water. i'm an addict and didnt even drink the entire case last week. also i found if you get your soda cups filled at the bar its fine to take back to the cabin and i didnt need to bring cans aboard for cabin drinking purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

I read on the Princess website, only sodas which fit in a 12x12 cooler are permitted. Apparently, that’s not the case. Anyone recently on the Regal who brought soda on board? We are sailing on Dec. 3. Thanks!

I read on the Princess website, only sodas which fit in a 12x12 cooler are permitted. Apparently, that’s not the case. Anyone recently on the Regal who brought soda on board? We are sailing on Dec. 3. Thanks!

That is the cooler size limit. You can bring as much water/soda as you want just not in coolers. You have a small fridge in your room so I see no need for coolers.

I can’t find the answer to this on Princess website. Can we bring a case of water and a couple 12 packs of soda? We were just on Carnival and they took my friends 6 pack of water.

Yes you can bring your own soda and water. No problem. I carried on 24 bottles of Dr. Pepper and Dad’s Rootbeer last year on Regal.

Some PAX’s instead check soda and /or water on. Tape securely. Tag it with your cabin # to have it delivered with your luggage.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

We just got off the Ruby on Saturday. I had a separate duffel bag that I dropped off with 5 cases of soda and it was no problem! Princess allows you to do this, so no worries!

Did this too on Coral Princess Oct 27th and Crown Princess on Nov 13th

Put a bunch into a duffle type bag.

Unlimited water is available from your cabin faucet or the HC dispenser - all you need to pack is an empty bottle

Last month’s cruise on Coral, there was signage on the

HC water dispensers, clearly indicating that due to health regulations, no bottles are allowed to fill up using the water dispenser. Not sure if so on other Princess ships.

It’s like how PAX’s disregard the hand sanitizer station before entering the buffet. Some PAX”s willfully disregard the “no fill up bottles” signage clearly posted on the HC water dispensers and do it anyway.. :mad:

I suppose you could have a HC server fill up a glass with water, then transfer the water to your empty bottle with a small funnel. :)

Better to just fill up tap water crom your cabin’s sink faucet. Or have your cabin steward leave some ice water in your refrigerstoe

Edited by Kingofcool1947

We just got off the Ruby on Saturday. I had a separate duffel bag that I dropped off with 5 cases of soda and it was no problem! Princess allows you to do this, so no worries!

Klfhngr,

Did you also have a bottle of Grand Mariner for grandma in that duffel bag...:);):)

Tony

You can pre order cases of water before you sail for 6.90 per case. So much easier than carting it on. We always do this now. We pre order two cases for a 7 day cruise and 3 cases for a 10 day hot weather cruise. We used to tag ours and send it with the porter or carry on ourself, but the no hassle pre order is so hassle free.

How do you pre order for 6.90 a case?