Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

upsells, upgrades - meh....:rolleyes:

now talk to me about MOVE OVERS and you got my attention...:evilsmile:

no, seriously - congrats to all to got the upgrades and upsells that were of a benefit to them...:cool:

We have 2 mini suites at Christmas on the Crown. Received several upgrade offers. The first was to a full suite for $525pp. We declined. The second was to a club class mini suite for $129pp which we grabbed. We had booked guarantees rolling the dice that we would be next to or near each other. We are right next to each other with this upgrade and can open the balcony divider.

I'm hoping to go I'm my first cruise in August. How do you receive upgrade offers? How can you tell us they are real or a scam? I hate debt. Is a cruise worth charging? :confused:

I'm hoping to go I'm my first cruise in August. How do you receive upgrade offers? How can you tell us they are real or a scam? I hate debt. Is a cruise worth charging? :confused:

An upgrade offer that comes in the form of an e-mail from Princess or a phone call/e-mail from your TA is real. These offers are not a scam. They typically occur when one cabin category is "full" and a better one is not selling and the cruise date is nearing. Princess has some nice computer algorithms that tell them how much they can expect to sell at what point before a cruise.

SO, if interior cabins are sold out but there are lots of balconies left and the computer tells them it is time, Princess will send these notices. You have to respond on the phone (or at least we did). The will offer a move from an inside to a balcony at a much lower price than you would have paid to book a balcony initially. If you accept the offer, you'll pay them the stated amount and they can now post an available inside cabin for sale. They are betting that they can sell that inside cabin while someone looking at the price of a balcony might decide to not book.

There is no way you can "make" an upgrade offer happen or improve your chances of an offer.

Charging the price of a cruise is a personal matter. I believe in living debt free and would not change that philosophy in order to go on a vacation, while others would think nothing of it. Do remember that if you charge that vacation, you'll ultimately pay a lot more than what is on your invoice. And the cruise will cost more than the invoice cost--air transportation, a hotel the night before, transportation from airport to the port, excursions, alcohol, adult beverages, etc....will all add up. Not everyone will use all of these costs, but most people will have at least some of them.

Thank you for your help. It's my first time posting . It's a lot to think about. It will be our 25th wedding anniversary.

As a first timer, there are other things to think about--for instance there are many ways to get lower than the posted prices on a cruise and to get "on board credit" which is real money that you spend while on the cruise. You need to learn about these things before you book!

An upgrade offer that comes in the form of an e-mail from Princess or a phone call/e-mail from your TA is real. These offers are not a scam. They typically occur when one cabin category is "full" and a better one is not selling and the cruise date is nearing. Princess has some nice computer algorithms that tell them how much they can expect to sell at what point before a cruise.

SO' date=' if interior cabins are sold out but there are lots of balconies left and the computer tells them it is time, Princess will send these notices. You have to respond on the phone (or at least we did). The will offer a move from an inside to a balcony at a much lower price than you would have paid to book a balcony initially. If you accept the offer, you'll pay them the stated amount and they can now post an available inside cabin for sale. They are betting that they can sell that inside cabin while someone looking at the price of a balcony might decide to not book.

There is no way you can "make" an upgrade offer happen or improve your chances of an offer.

Charging the price of a cruise is a personal matter. I believe in living debt free and would not change that philosophy in order to go on a vacation, while others would think nothing of it. Do remember that if you charge that vacation, you'll ultimately pay a lot more than what is on your invoice. And the cruise will cost more than the invoice cost--air transportation, a hotel the night before, transportation from airport to the port, excursions, alcohol, adult beverages, etc....will all add up. Not everyone will use all of these costs, but most people will have at least some of them.[/quote']

That's why I love booking early and making a payment every payday. It's nice to have everything paid for before you go.

Received an email good for one week, first come first served

DO you know if they also call if you booked through a travel agent? Is there something in your profile that you set up to receive offers? Thanks and appreciate your help.

DO you know if they also call if you booked through a travel agent? Is there something in your profile that you set up to receive offers? Thanks and appreciate your help.

When I got a move over offer, the offer went to my TA....who then called me. There was no communication directly from Princess. Fortunately I use a TA who has office hours 7 days a week! OK, limited hours on weekends, but still someone there to check e-mails, etc. and answer phones. In fairness, I don't know if the TA got an e-mail of a phone call. Her phone number appears on my invoice from Princess.

Anyone receive an upsell offer on an Alaskan cruise? Just curious.

Yes, we were booked in an obstructed OV cabin as were our DD and SIL in a cabin next door. We got an upsell offer for a balcony for $200 pp for a 7 day cruise on the Ruby last summer. We were able to get two cabins on Caribe deck - our cruises were linked. When I talked to the Princess agent I asked about our kids and was able to choose their cabin next door to ours - DH had gifted them their cruise.

We just returned from a Regal voyage where we got an upsell $129 pp for a 7 day cruise from a balcony to our first mini. Loved it!

Not in your profile.

Basically you get the offer if Princess wants to resell your cabin or otherwise needs it to fill GTY bookings.

This is true even if you indicated when you booked the cruise that you did not want to be considered for a complementary upgrade since this would be a paid upgrade and would not occur without your permission.

Yes, we were booked in an obstructed OV cabin as were our DD and SIL in a cabin next door. We got an upsell offer for a balcony for $200 pp for a 7 day cruise on the Ruby last summer. We were able to get two cabins on Caribe deck - our cruises were linked. When I talked to the Princess agent I asked about our kids and was able to choose their cabin next door to ours - DH had gifted them their cruise.

We just returned from a Regal voyage where we got an upsell $129 pp for a 7 day cruise from a balcony to our first mini. Loved it!

Very nice! I've also booked an obstructed OV cabin and am very happy with the cabin and location but certainly wouldn't turn down a balcony for only $200 extra pp.

We received an offer yesterday for upsell to mini-suite but we have a very nice aft balcony on Crown Med Cruise in April. No way were we motivated to change. Offer seemed reasonable though, $179pp for 11 day cruise.

We received an offer yesterday for upsell to mini-suite but we have a very nice aft balcony on Crown Med Cruise in April. No way were we motivated to change. Offer seemed reasonable though, $179pp for 11 day cruise.

We are on the same sailing with a BA mid ship on Caribe. Was offered a ME Mini Suite for $179 per person in the very back of Emerald. We turned it down because we like the mid ship location we have on Caribe.

Well I've been watching the cabin availability, hoping for a move over or up-sell offer as it's the first time I've ever booked an Interior. A few days back, Int. cabins were shrinking. Now there are more available than 2 weeks ago! I'll be happy no matter what, but it's the first time my step-daughter has ever sailed Princess and I was hoping to surprise her with an up-grade. 31 days to go.........

We lucked out and got the email upgrade offer on our 3 night cruise from Mini suite to a Penthouse Suite! Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sweet. Hope to get lucky some day but usually book what we want so anything else would be a bonus! Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Departing in 34 days (May 14th) on the Pacific Princess seventeen day Panama Canal cruise LA to FLL. Have not been assigned a stateroom and no upsell offer yet despite 50+ unsold staterooms ( oceanview, balcony, and suites). Any idea when or if Princess will start making upsell offers or stateroom assignment?

Departing in 34 days (May 14th) on the Pacific Princess seventeen day Panama Canal cruise LA to FLL. Have not been assigned a stateroom and no upsell offer yet despite 50+ unsold staterooms ( oceanview, balcony, and suites). Any idea when or if Princess will start making upsell offers?

It could be up until the day before like the one we got last year!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailing on the Coral in May for Alaska Southbound. Just took an upsell of $298 PP to Premium Balcony from an Obstructed OV Guarantee. We were days away from deciding to purchase a lower balcony for almost that same price, so getting the Premium was a nice bonus!

Seems like a lot of up selling with the crown Mediterranean cruises

Crown princess, May 8, 11 night, booked ocean view oc, offered 579 USD per person for first two passengers to upgrade to balcony BB (triple occupancy room with son)

Read all 9 pages, and that seems pretty expensive