Le Cirque dinnerware

brownie1005

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on a previous thread, but while on the Zuiderdam in September, the Le Cirque dinnerware, consisting of charger, bread plate, and soufflé dish were available for sale at $50/setting (used).

Nice memento for those who enjoyed the Le Cirque run...

Karen

Thank you for the information.

Even though we enjoyed Le Cirque and did it every time it was offered, I really don't need any more dishes.

I agree. I am at the stage of my life where I am done with large dinner partties and the last thing I need or want is more bone china. crytla, , stemware, flatware, pots or pans,. : I am ready to get rid of it all. We had lots of fun and enjoyed those things but enough

Thank you for the information. Even though we enjoyed Le Cirque and did it every time it was offered, I really don't need any more dishes.
I agree. I am at the stage of my life where I am done with large dinner partties and the last thing I need or want is more bone china. crystal, , stemware, flatware, pots or pans,. : I am ready to get rid of it all. We had lots of fun and enjoyed those things but enough

HAL paid less than $10 for that setting when they were new. (Made in Thailand)

That's a very healthy markup for used plates.

That may be so, but that's wholesale. There's a healthy markup for pretty much everything...wine, booze, excursions, etc. At least you take these home.

It may not be of interest to everyone, but some people may like them as a memento of Le Cirque, or just for fun.

Karen

Edited by brownie1005

HAL paid less than $10 for that setting when they were new. (Made in Thailand)

That's a very healthy markup for used plates.

... If Hal can sell this stuff, it's great for us stockholders.

Sandra

Spot on, Sandra (y)(y)(y)

Smooth sailing $ $ $

Do they guarantee the place setting they sell you will not have chipped plates?

Our Pinnacle waiter, with whom we had become friendly with from many breakfasts and dinners, hand-picked the pieces for us and had them delivered to our room. They were in excellent condition, without any scratches or chips. They don’t come boxed, but as it was just a few pieces, they were easy to pack.

Karen

Our Pinnacle waiter, with whom we had become friendly with from many breakfasts and dinners, hand-picked the pieces for us and had them delivered to our room. They were in excellent condition, without any scratches or chips. They don’t come boxed, but as it was just a few pieces, they were easy to pack.

Karen

That's great. Hope you have lots of pleasure using them.

That's great. Hope you have lots of pleasure using them.

Thanks, Sail! I actually bought them for my daughter. She loved Le Cirque, and won’t be sailing until next March, so will miss the opportunity to dine there again. She was so surprised, and thrilled to receive them. 🙂

Thanks, Sail! I actually bought them for my daughter. She loved Le Cirque, and won’t be sailing until next March, so will miss the opportunity to dine there again. She was so surprised, and thrilled to receive them. 🙂

I have obviously missed the memo about no more Le Cirque. I agree the plates were lovely. Not something I expected on HAL.

So nice of you to buy these for your daughter. I am sure she will love using them for many years. I am still using Grand Voyage china from several yeas ago (the Dutch ones) and enjoy them a lot.

What a thoghtful gift for your daughter.

My Dh n and I went to Le Cirque twice and enjoyed it..

It's the sentimental value in the eye of the beholder. There is no need to call people suckers for spending money on something that they value just because you don't share the same value of an item. Sometimes, it's best to keep one's thoughts to oneself rather than ruin someone's pleasure at giving a gift that their family member valued.

$50 per place setting for stuff like that. I guess that the comment about the frequency of suckers being born is correct.

DON

(n)(n)(n)This comment is a perfect demonstration of classlessness and speaks volumes about the Poster's character - 'nuff said!