Update required on dress code

ukellie

From the website:

What is the onboard dress code?

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

I personally like the famous jean designer JCPenney (say it with a french accent)

Was it the TPAC in September by any chance? There was one dude who wore dungarees and a ball cap every night, and another who wore a Hawaiian (or some such) shirt with a ball cap.

Yep. That was the cruise. My favorite experience was watching two guys arm wrestle after the waiter had cleared the table. I snapped a photo and showed it to the maître-d. They were back the next night, but they did refrain from arm wrestling. There's a photo attached to my review:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=594733

So a polo shirt is not allowed? No short sleeve button down shirts?

Yes short sleeves are allowed as per the written corporate policy on their website. That’s all I wear.

Help Please..My DH does not own many long sleeve button down shirts..

Even when we go to a nice restaurant in FLA he wears a short sleeve button down shirt..:cool: He will often wear a Jacket or sweater in the MDR on other carriers as they tend to be cold..

We will be on Celebrity for the first time in Dec.. Can DH wear these short sleeve button down shirts for days which are not Evening Chic, or do I have to go out & purchase a few long sleeve shirts for him? Or does he have to wear a Jacket or sweater on those nights? :confused:

Help Please..My DH does not own many long sleeve button down shirts..

Even when we go to a nice restaurant in FLA he wears a short sleeve button down shirt..:cool: He will often wear a Jacket or sweater in the MDR on other carriers as they tend to be cold..

We will be on Celebrity for the first time in Dec.. Can DH wear these short sleeve button down shirts for days which are not Evening Chic, or do I have to go out & purchase a few long sleeve shirts for him? Or does he have to wear a Jacket or sweater on those nights? :confused:

He's fine. I think last cruise I wore a Nat Nast shirt most nights, and a polo the other nights. I did put on a dress shirt and jacket for chic night, but plenty of others did not. If he wants to wear a jacket or sweater for comfort, he'll also be fine.

thanks for this thread - we will be on Solstice March / April 2018 doing the Great Barrier Reef cruise - it will be warm to hot weather and I'm not one to wear long sleeve shirts when it's too hot! - but I will take some nice dress jeans and black pants as well as button down shirts with a collar

We think that much of the dress code confusion is due to the very inconsistent enforcement of any standard...by the staff at the door to the MDR. We have seen passengers turned away for inappropriate dress...but later saw others with similar dress slip through the door. I had to smile when a Celebrity maitre'd told a man (we will not use the term gentleman) he had to remove his baseball cap before he could enter. But then we see other men wearing caps in the MDR. But then basic rules of etiquette have no been replaced by the "me me me" philosophy.

Hank

Nor do I want them to see my butt or belly :') Thank you.

And then there are the "robe people" who thinks its perfectly fine to wear their bath robes to the Lido. We would soon expect to see somebody in the MDR (at breakfast or lunch) in a bathrobe with a baseball cap on backwards.

Hank