Update required on dress code

ukellie

please could recent celebrity cruisers advise if the dress code has been changed ?

Ie that there is no longer any dress code and passengers can and do go to the dining rooms for dinner in flip flop and shorts ?

We have sailed with celebrity previously but have just been told that there is no longer a dress code policy.

Personally if this is true I think it’s a shame

Welcome your thoughts and comments

Thank you

please could recent celebrity cruisers advise if the dress code has been changed ?

Ie that there is no longer any dress code and passengers can and do go to the dining rooms for dinner in flip flop and shorts ?

We have sailed with celebrity previously but have just been told that there is no longer a dress code policy.

Thank you

Absolutely not true, you will see reports from people who say shorts are allowed but these are rare and most of the time, posters don't know circumstances. I saw dress code enforced on my cruise last month. I know this thread will cause the usual comments on this board but there is absolutely no change in policy by Celebrity.

On a recent cruise a member of our party on Constellation was asked to leave the dining room to change when he showed up in dress shorts. No policy change to my knowledge except Formal to Chic nights.

Hi please could you advise what chic nights are ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chic nights are just not formal. *Supposedly* you step it up a bit. You'll see everything from a rare tux, suit, sport coat with open collar, Hawaiian shirt, long sleeve button down for men. Women maybe some sparkle, but mostly just something you'd wear to church. Think "Chico's catalog." Don't worry about it. You just don't need to be formal but if you want, go ahead. You'll be in the minority though.

If you go to X's website, there is a FAQ about the dress code which is very definitive on what is expected for dress while aboard.

Do some individuals choose to flaunt it, yes, do some individuals get turned away from certain venues during the sailing, yes.

Pack accordingly.

bon voyage

Hi please could you advise what chic nights are ?

From the website:

What is the onboard dress code?

A.Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

From the website:

What is the onboard dress code?

A.Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

On a recent cruise on the Millie, we packed accordingly and I took some short sleeve button down shirts. Then when we get on board, the Celebrity Today stated that the dress code was "long sleeve" button down shirts. I obsessed over it until the second or third night of the cruise and noticed that evening chic in the MDR was really shorts and ballcap night with after-dinner arm wrestling. I'd post a couple of photos here if I could figure it out, but I did post some with my review.:eek:

Thanks everyone for your comments flip flops and shorts it definitely isn’t [emoji16]

Ukellie - at first, I thought you were trolling. I think flip flops should be censored out of CC posts, like all the naughty words. F*** f**** and shorts aren't allowed in the MDR after 6.

There are no formal nights, but most guests put some extra effort to look nice on Chic Nights. What do you wear if you go out to a nice restaurant at home? Wear that. Or wear tux and gown, if you wish.

It is certainly up to the crew on how strict they are going to be. I too have seen guys turned away when I thought they looked absolutely fine. I don't have an issue with nice shorts and a short sleeve button up shirt but I've seen at least a couple of guys refused entry wearing that. On the flip side on our last cruise we dined in Blu and there was one guy that came in every night looking like he just got off work as a pool cleaning man. Scruffy, always had some ugly shorts on and sandals of some sort.

Chic nights are just not formal. *Supposedly* you step it up a bit. You'll see everything from a rare tux, suit, sport coat with open collar, Hawaiian shirt, long sleeve button down for men. Women maybe some sparkle, but mostly just something you'd wear to church. Think "Chico's catalog." Don't worry about it. You just don't need to be formal but if you want, go ahead. You'll be in the minority though.

You surely are not being serious - this has to be taken with a pinch of salt. :rolleyes:

IMHO

Chic nights: A lot more relaxed than the formal nights, but some people still wear their formal dresses and men in their tux or suits.

I didn't see to many dressed as if they were going to church, what I did see though were ladies dressed for the evening as if they were going to a good restaurant and a night on the town.

The men seemed more relaxed, open necked shirts and trousers.

To the orginal poster: You will not be in the minority if you decide to wear your formal dress. Wear what makes you feel good and also that you are comfortable in.

On our last cruise, we got a lot of strange looks in a tux for formal night and will probably wouldn't do that again on Celebrity. Other people's idea of formal is different than ours I guess.

Those were not strange looks, they were envious! ;)

Thank you

Please don't feed the trolls!

Ukellie - at first, I thought you were trolling. I think flip flops should be censored out of CC posts, like all the naughty words. F*** f**** and shorts aren't allowed in the MDR after 6.

There are no formal nights, but most guests put some extra effort to look nice on Chic Nights. What do you wear if you go out to a nice restaurant at home? Wear that. Or wear tux and gown, if you wish.

I have no idea what a troll is and can assure you all the question was a serious one or I thought it was

Ellie

I have no idea what a troll is and can assure you all the question was a serious one or I thought it was

Ellie

Please accept my apology, Ellie.

A troll is someone who posts, usually on hot button issues, like the dress code, to stir the pot. That is called trolling. There was once a multi page thread about flip flop in the MDR. I'm sorry I mistook you for a troll.

Rest assured, flip flops and shorts aren't allowed in the MDR after 6. I've heard that a few folks have gotten by the Maitre 'd wearing them, but I have never seen them. Flip flops do not include the fancy jeweled, backless heels that some ladies favor.

Just sailed on Infinity in September, and did not see any shorts or flip flops in the MDR. Saw a wide variety, including a couple tuxes. Long sleeve, button down dress shirts were the norm for men. Nice sweaters too...

On our recent Solstice cruise, we have seen men in shorts (evening) and women in swim/gym wear (morning) being denied access to the restaurant - and there was a sign outside repeating the dress codes.

Edited by Yoshikitty

On a recent cruise on the Millie, we packed accordingly and I took some short sleeve button down shirts. Then when we get on board, the Celebrity Today stated that the dress code was "long sleeve" button down shirts. I obsessed over it until the second or third night of the cruise and noticed that evening chic in the MDR was really shorts and ballcap night with after-dinner arm wrestling..

Was it the TPAC in September by any chance? There was one dude who wore dungarees and a ball cap every night, and another who wore a Hawaiian (or some such) shirt with a ball cap.

On our recent Solstice cruise, we have seen men in shorts (evening) and women in swim/gym wear (morning) being denied access to the restaurant - and there was a sign outside repeating the dress codes.

In the MDR! Wow, that takes some gall to show up in the MDR in swimwear, any time. Shorts are allowed in the morning and lunchtime. Shorts, not swim trunks.

I have seen passengers in the buffet with swimsuits under coverups, during lunch/breakfast hours. I think this is allowed. Or is it?