Chops Filet Mignon in MDR

molly361

It was recently "gifted" to us on Majesty and we thought it was good. The menu at the Captain's Table or the upper tier meal (lunch) with an officer often includes a filet, and I am told it is the "Chops" filet. We have enjoyed it. (Maybe because we were not paying for it!)

M

I had a bunch of OBC to burn on my March cruise on Freedom. I ordered the Chops Filet on lobster night and our waiter (who was fantastic) brought out the Filet with 2 lobster tails right before the rest of the food hit the table. It was much better than any steak on the MDR menu. Totally worth the OBC. It's certainly not as nice as an aged steak from Mortons or Ruth's Chris but it was my most memorable meal on the trip. (Have never done Giovanni's)

-Sean

I had it twice last week on the Navigator. First time in Chops which was delicious, then on the last night the MDR waiter offered us ‘surf & turf’ of filet mignon and jumbo shrimp for $12, and the filet was equally delicious. 10/10 both times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get it, but, wait for the night they have it for only $10 in the MDR. I’m on the Grandeur now and they’ve been offering it for 25% off...not the $10. I’ll wait for the $10 sale if they have it. And it is delicious, but won’t pay the regular price.

Gwen [emoji3]

I had it twice last week on the Navigator. First time in Chops which was delicious, then on the last night the MDR waiter offered us ‘surf & turf’ of filet mignon and jumbo shrimp for $12, and the filet was equally delicious. 10/10 both times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I hope they offer this on our cruise in two weeks!!

We just had the Chops filet tonight for $10. I think they only do it one time on a cruise. I always ask the first night when it will be, but they never tell me until the night of. They do not advertise it at all. I thought maybe since they were offering a 25% discounts the other nights, they wouldn’t do the $10 offering. It was melt in your mouth and delicious. I ordered it butterflied and medium...perfect!

Gwen [emoji3]

Has anyone tried the Chops filet mignon (the one with the up charge) in the MDR and if so was it good or bad?

I have had it a few times.

It was tasty, the only downside is it took a lot longer to get to our table than if ordering a regular main off the menu.

I order it at least once, sometimes twice. It's always been very good and worth the upcharge. A couple of times it took longer than ordering from the regular menu. I had it twice on Freedom in Sept and it came out with all the other entrees with no delay.

Sandy

I have had it a few times.

It was tasty, the only downside is it took a lot longer to get to our table than if ordering a regular main off the menu.

I’ve always had it on the Grandeur and it always came out the same time as the others. Wasn’t late either. I ordered it butterflied and medium. Maybe it depends on how long it takes them to cook it. Butterflied probably takes less time.

Gwen [emoji3]

I’ve always had it on the Grandeur and it always came out the same time as the others. Wasn’t late either. I ordered it butterflied and medium. Maybe it depends on how long it takes them to cook it. Butterflied probably takes less time.

Gwen [emoji3]

Thats probably why.

We have never been on Grandeur but we have been on most of the other ships and the waiters actually tell me it will take longer so we always get 2 starters.