New Spa Cafe menu?

39august

Googled and used "search" function, but didn't find any recent menu since the changes. I have read some comments, but would love to see a current Spa Cafe menu. Lacking that, could someone please post examples of what the "small plates" are and some info about what is on the salad bar, please?

We were on Equinox this month and I asked about the hot menu items in the Spa cafe (salmon, chicken etc) and was told they were not offering those any longer on Equinox. He said it was up to the hotel manager whether they offered these items. They had the usual small plates and there was one with cherry tomatoes and bocconcini drizzled with a balsamic syrup. It was delicious. I also saw a cold salmon plate and a quinoa salad and I really don't remember what else. Because the hot items had been discontinued, we never went back there during the cruise.

I didn't see any menu and the salad bar is gone.

Which ship are you on?

Silhoutte. Well, if no salad bar at all, we will just go the the dreaded buffet for embarkation day lunch. I'll check out the Spa Cafe myself later in the cruise. Doesn't sound like anything my husband would eat. Thanks for the info anyway.

Silhoutte. Well, if no salad bar at all, we will just go the the dreaded buffet for embarkation day lunch. I'll check out the Spa Cafe myself later in the cruise. Doesn't sound like anything my husband would eat. Thanks for the info anyway.

It doesn't have to be "dreaded". If you go early or late, you'll be fine; otherwise, just pick up something cold and wander until you find a table. I've even been lucky enough to find outside seating on occasion on embarkation day. Last time, when we were a party of six, that didn't work.

I'm not 100% sure that the Spa Café is even open on embarkation day.

Both Mr. B. and I enjoy the chocolate-beet muffin at breakfast, so one of us stops by to pick one up, and often a carrot one, too, on our way to the OceanView.

Really just kidding about "dreaded". We've eaten many an embarkation lunch in the buffet on RCI. We know the drill. So, are those muffins in the Spa Cafe? Might give those a try as I understand muffin selection is limited in the OVC at breakfast.

One of the hidden gems on embarkation is the mast grill....get a freshly cooked hamburger right off the grill and some freshly made french fries.

I know it sounds "pedestrian", but they are the best hamburgers on the ship and they actually are pretty good.

I agree with ghstudio about the hamburgers. So glad they did away with the fee based idea.

Spa cafe is open on embarkation day but closes at 2:30, I think.

39august, you can also pick up great muffins at Al Baccio and take them to wherever you want to have breakfast. You don't have to buy the coffee to do this but I'm sure you know that.

I agree with ghstudio about the hamburgers. So glad they did away with the fee based idea.

Spa cafe is open on embarkation day but closes at 2:30, I think.

39august, you can also pick up great muffins at Al Baccio and take them to wherever you want to have breakfast. You don't have to buy the coffee to do this but I'm sure you know that.

And the Spa Cafe does not open until 12:00

I enjoy the chocolate-beet muffin at breakfast, so one of us stops by to pick one up, and often a carrot one, too, on our way to the OceanView.

Geesh, the wonderful things I learn about on these threads. I have never heard of a chocolate-beet muffin but sounds interesting! I'll have to look for this. Thank you!

Really just kidding about "dreaded". We've eaten many an embarkation lunch in the buffet on RCI. We know the drill. So, are those muffins in the Spa Cafe? Might give those a try as I understand muffin selection is limited in the OVC at breakfast.

:D

Yes, those muffins are at Spa Café, and they're quite small -- which imho is a "plus" for them. I think you'll like them!

There used to be a small muesli there, too; can't remember if it is still offered.

Such a nice quiet place, too. Still, I love all the choices at OVC.

I don't think we realized Mast Grill is open on embarkation day. Lately, though, I believe the burgers are part cooked and just finished when you order them -- and by finished, I mean massacred. Years ago they were better (and the location on M class was nicer, then, too).

Again, I just love the selection at OVC.

IMHO the muffins from Cafe al Bacio are the best on the ship. I generally stop there on my way to breakfast in the MDR or Aqua Spa Cafe for a latte "to go" and get some muffins and croissants too. My DH's personal favorite is blueberry. I prefer the bran or carrot. And the chocolate croissant or other croissants are also worth nibbling on during breakfast.

Are you an Elite member? If so you will have a special embarkation lunch in the dining room.

Are you an Elite member? If so you will have a special embarkation lunch in the dining room.

That is not correct. Only Concierge cabins are offered this perk. Occasionally B2B passengers are offered the perk too but we never have had it and we have sailed on several B2B's.