Need some advice about San Juan PR- Leaving On Adventure of Seas

I talked to someone at the San Juan airport who said they spent the night there. Long time ago.

Can you fly in Day of? Or fly to Florida one day and fly direct from there on embarkation day? Look at southwest from Tampa, Orlando, or Fort Lauderdale.

Most people are not flying in the day before. On the other hand, a member of my roll call stayed at the comfort inn. Have you looked at airbnb?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are flying into San Juan on Nov 25 and no hotels available for that night, any ideas??? Can we stay overnight at the airport or pier? Anyone been there since the Hurricane?? Oh yeah, and it's our honeymoon!!! LOL:hearteyes::hearteyes:

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations! This thread has current hotel info.

Link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2564793

We stayed at CasaBlanca on 10/14/17 and 10/15, following our 10/7 Adventure cruise. It was nice and the location is great, right in the middle of Old San Juan.

My advice is to check any reservation with the hotel. Call them direct (not just a mainland office, if there is one).

Enjoy your trip! And honeymoon [emoji7]

Dan

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

In February, we're staying at a lovely little inn called "Tres Palmas Inn." I know they're open now. I've followed on Facebook.

I've previously mentioned that checking your hotel's facebook page is a good idea. A lot are updating there first.

I have a tip for Tre-Palmas. They have one hot water tank on top of the main building. Turn the water on full for 5 minutes and then check for hot water. If still not hot, you maybe in unit 1 and the hot and cold are marked backwards. Nothing to eat within walking distance, but a few pizza places deliver. At least they did in 2014. Not sure about now.

We are flying into San Juan on Nov 25 and no hotels available for that night, any ideas??? Can we stay overnight at the airport or pier? Anyone been there since the Hurricane?? Oh yeah, and it's our honeymoon!!! LOL:hearteyes::hearteyes:

You can stay overnight at the airport, but not the pier.

As others have suggested, try some of the smaller boutique hotels or airbnb. You should be able to find something, although it might only have electricity via a generator.

Definitely check out Airbnb.

Given that Royal has been sailing weekly from SJ since 10/7, yes many people have been to SJ since the hurricane.

In February, we're staying at a lovely little inn called "Tres Palmas Inn." I know they're open now. I've followed on Facebook.
Tres Palmas cancelled my reservations for Nov 28th-Dec 2. (They are hosting federal aid workers.)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've previously mentioned that checking your hotel's facebook page is a good idea. A lot are updating there first.

I have a tip for Tre-Palmas. They have one hot water tank on top of the main building. Turn the water on full for 5 minutes and then check for hot water. If still not hot, you maybe in unit 1 and the hot and cold are marked backwards. Nothing to eat within walking distance, but a few pizza places deliver. At least they did in 2014. Not sure about now.

Thanks so much for this information!! Do you recall if there is a grocery store or pharmacy in walking distance? We want to pick up our two bottles of wine to take aboard. I appreciate your input!

Just got off Adventure of the Seas in SJ on 11/4. Most people arrived day of their cruise, as I did. Airport had no air when we arrived on 10/28, but generators had it nice and cool on 11/4. Beautiful airport. Taxi drivers everywhere who can tell you which hotels are now open.. If not, airport won't be a bad place to stay, and you'll be safest here.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for this information!! Do you recall if there is a grocery store or pharmacy in walking distance? We want to pick up our two bottles of wine to take aboard. I appreciate your input!

There’s a wine and liquor duty free place inside the terminal after you’ve had your bags checked FYI. Just go there.

There’s a wine and liquor duty free place inside the terminal after you’ve had your bags checked FYI. Just go there.

Do you recall if they have loose bottled water and soda as well?

I'd like to grab a just few of each to have in the cabin.

I'm sure I could get it at the airport, or on the way, but I'm thinking convenience.

Do you recall if they have loose bottled water and soda as well?

I'd like to grab a just few of each to have in the cabin.

I'm sure I could get it at the airport, or on the way, but I'm thinking convenience.

Yes, we've purchased water at the duty free shop, and I've also seen soda there.

Yes, we've purchased water at the duty free shop, and I've also seen soda there.

Hi Bob,

Can you buy wine there also to take on the ship? I’m leaving at the end of March on Adventure and would love to take two bottles of wine on like

i did on my cruise on Allure.

Thanks !