Are ripped jeans allowed in the main diningroom

judydoc

You should see my birthday suit... well maybe not. If I wear a bow tie with it will that still be permissible on formal night?

We don't get to wear our birthday suits in the MDR but everywhere else on the ship is fine.

If it was'nt for speedo's, hairy armpits, ball caps in MDR, ripped jeans, drunks, dogs on the ship, Hawaiian shirts, belching in the MDR, kids running down the hallway, men over 50 dancing etc. etc. it would be a boring cruise. Wear your sunglasses and go with the flow. :cool:

You do realise that if you start posting here sounding reasonable, rational and with a live and let live attitude you'll effectively tick off both sides of the argument?

No issue, in fact carry on.

"Morals"????????

You confuse me sir. You speak of dressing up as being an indicator of morals? Yet here in Australia we see reports on a US Senator who preyed on a fourteen year old girl and every image we see of him shows him well dressed. Yet images of our and our allies forces around the globe often appear dirty and disheveled.

morels , how you dress, or how you where brought up or raised

When did I say it was okay? :rolleyes: Oh yea, that's right.. I didn't! Nor did I take a side, I just said if it bothers you don't look at them.

Ok... you got me. You are vindicated. You didn't agree that ignoring the dress code is "okay." So then by inference, can I safely say you are one who believes ignoring the dress code is NOT okay? Well ok then.

By the way, when did I say it "bothers me?" In fact, my post was very simple. If someone has to ask anonymous strangers on a blog for permission, wouldn't it just be easier to not put yourself in a position of being turned away and simply abide by the dress code? But I don't care. Don't care if they dress accordingly, and don't care if they are let in or kicked out. Is that clearer or do you still have some questions?

Cruusing with the younger folk next month. Are the trendy ripped jeans allowed in the main dining room? I know they aren't in specialty

OK, the answer to your question is NO, but this is RCCL and not Cunard so the dress code is rarely enforced, just like kids under 18 being admitted to the nightclubs. But even if they let people get away with wearing them, it is absolutely unacceptable dinner ware.

More proof of how the world is going, you pay more and expect less.

OK, the answer to your question is NO, but this is RCCL and not Cunard so the dress code is rarely enforced, just like kids under 18 being admitted to the nightclubs. But even if they let people get away with wearing them, it is absolutely unacceptable dinner ware.

Say it all you like, others of us will tell our recent experiences. I'm telling you, women everywhere on the ship, young, old, all different backgrounds, had on those fashionable torn jeans. It really wasn't a problem. Many of them looked great/stylish

Say it all you like, others of us will tell our recent experiences. I'm telling you, women everywhere on the ship, young, old, all different backgrounds, had on those fashionable torn jeans. It really wasn't a problem. Many of them looked great/stylish

Stylish...yeah...instead of hubba hubba...we'd call out hobo hobo...

8d69ea39fcef6f76e301957c155839a6.jpg

But even if they let people get away with wearing them, it is absolutely unacceptable dinner ware.

Can't say I've every had a dinner spoiled by what others were wearing, even those sitting at the same table, and some of the most memorable dinner discussions were with people that didn't even own a suit let alone wear one.

That's just customers embracing capitalism. It's got to be good for the economy so embrace it.

As a company, Royal has the right to publish a dress code for dinner in the MDR.

As a company, Royal has the right to choose whether or not to enforce their own rule.

That's their choice, not yours. Whether they enforce the dress code or not, if you happen to be on the "losing" side, suck it up and deal with it.

it is absolutely unacceptable dinner ware.

I think it's entirely acceptable and the opinions that count are those of people like me since RCL does allow this. If you're in the other camp all you can do is make a "humph" sound under your breath; do much else and security will be showing you the door.

We're speaking of a cruise line that offers holidays starting at amounts like $50 a day but also caters to those wants to pay $1k a day. You're inevitably going to see a lot of diversity including people who ordinarily don't eat in the types of restaurants that RCL offers through to those that would prefer a 3-star option to mirror where they eat back home.

I saw a young women with ripped jeans today whilst I was out procuring lunch, she had a matching ripped top, and I'd have to say she was delightfully well presented. I'd much rather have seen her pass by for a moment at dinner than say someone in a stuffy old suit.

As a company, Royal has the right to publish a dress code for dinner in the MDR.

As a company, Royal has the right to choose whether or not to enforce their own rule.

That's their choice, not yours. Whether they enforce the dress code or not, if you happen to be on the "losing" side, suck it up and deal with it.

This needs to the go-to response for every single dress code thread here. BRILLIANT.

Stylish...yeah...instead of hubba hubba...we'd call out hobo hobo...

8d69ea39fcef6f76e301957c155839a6.jpg

You know what I see when I look at that picture? I see the woman that's going to be in charge of the world with her generation when we're all dead. And, the funny part is, when she's 60, she'll be hanging out on the 2060 version of a message board bemoaning the generations behind her as a bunch of lawless, crass, crappy dressers that are ruining the world and don't understand the right way to do things like her generation.

There's nothing wrong with wanting things to stay as they are. It seems to be a profoundly human emotion. I just get the sense that those who cling to it so desperately really don't have a sense at all about how it's a losing battle and how, really, it's just so less important than they think. These lawless crappy dressing kids are going to figure out how to go to Mars. They are going to solve more mysteries of the physical universe. They are going to raise children, and love them, and figure out renewable energy and figure out how to make the world a better place. And when they're ready to retire, they will tut tut in dining rooms (or whatever) about what the next generation is doing that they find horrible and contributing to the moral decay of society. It's just so unoriginal and makes everyone sound so old. People like to hear about when movies cost a nickle about as much as they like hearing stories about 18th Century weather events.

But beyond all that, here's the real point. The old people are going to stop paying for cruises eventually, because, being old, they will eventually stop being able to go on them and then will die. And the younger people will be the next group to go on cruises and pay the bills and the shareholders, and Royal Caribbean and every other company is going to do what they want, or the company will disappear. Whether that means allowing thongs in the dining room, or installing chargers in Chops so people can communicate across the table to their spouses by cell phone instead of using their mouths, or whatever other awful sounding Generation Z thing you can think of that might happen and is limited only by imagination, that's exactly what is going to happen, because Royal Caribbean cares about ripped jeans only to the extent, and certainly no more, than it needs to in order to maximize revenue. Full stop.

I will not buy this latest style but have seen at work on age 50+ nice dressing women . Only a little ripped and no skin showing but brand new and bought that way. So, probably ok w cruise line if other Jeans allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums