Are ripped jeans allowed in the main diningroom

judydoc

Klfrodo! This is truly the correct answer to the original question.

Are these younger people wearing these ripped jeans your children?

If so, then what they wear is your decision. Not theirs and not mine. They represent you and your family.

My parents wouldn't even let me wear black clothing to church. And most times, what you were taught by your parents, you carry-on throughout your life.

I just got off of the Voyager in Sydney. Formal night was observed by a few. The dress code along with manners has truly diminished.

My interpretation is this : some people assume if they spent $1400 on a pair of name brand ripped jeans (or the aforementioned $500 ones pre-caked with mud), then by golly they should be able to wear them wherever they so choose. And people should be impressed by their sartorial choices.

I on the other hand choose to dress up on my cruises (whether it's required or not)... and yet my wardrobe of dressy attire doesn't cost NEAR one stupid pair of those ripped jeans.

TL;DR money can't buy class. Or, apparently, good old fashioned common sense.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I am aware of the fact that some of these ripped, sliced, bleached, torn jeans cost much more than what I would spend on a dress or suit that I would wear to work! However, it is not the cost, but the appearance. Please show up for dinner looking neat and tidy.
I guarantee that I have jeans that look nicer than many people's suits.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rules ok how about morals , pride and old school evening mdr vibe what type of evening would it be if everyone dressed down

Just stating it's a suggested dress not a rule for the MDR in the evening. That's all. We don't care what others wear. Your preaching to the choir. We always follow the suggested dress (printed in the daily) guidelines for the MDR in the evening. Except for the first evening then it's always shorts. :eek: Maybe others think my wife and I are over the top for dressing formally on formal evening in the MDR. We don't care. Our choice. We still dress formally when we cruise Celebrity and they have done away with formal evening's and replaced it with evening chic. Again our choice. :cool:

Edited by davekathy

I don’t believe people should wear baseball caps and t shirts in the main dining room either! But I think that some people think they are cruising on the queen mary,instead of being on a fun ship with bumper cars,surfing,rock climbing,flight simulators! If you want formal wear at dinner you belong on a different ship! IMO!

We had a family vacation on the Harmony recently and one of my adult sons did not wear big boy pants the whole cruise and was not out of place. I did have an issue with the group next to us in the MDR with the wife beater t-shirts, I did wish the women would have shaves their arm pits.

We had a family vacation on the Harmony recently and one of my adult sons did not wear big boy pants the whole cruise and was not out of place. I did have an issue with the group next to us in the MDR with the wife beater t-shirts, I did wish the women would have shaves their arm pits.

Unshaven armpits on women are not unusual in other countries/cultures.

M

If it was'nt for speedo's, hairy armpits, ball caps in MDR, ripped jeans, drunks, dogs on the ship, Hawaiian shirts, belching in the MDR, kids running down the hallway, men over 50 dancing etc. etc. it would be a boring cruise. Wear your sunglasses and go with the flow. :cool:

If it was'nt for speedo's, hairy armpits, ball caps in MDR, ripped jeans, drunks, dogs on the ship, Hawaiian shirts, belching in the MDR, kids running down the hallway, men over 50 dancing etc. etc.

Oh my, my monocle just fell into my drink!

I find the old ladies wearing massive broaches much more entertaining. They look like they are about to fall over just from the weight of them.

dogs, this lady brought her dog every night to the D lounge every night last winter on the LOS the dog would sit on her lap and put there front paws on the table and try to get the food off her plate whats the deal with a dog like that on a ship

Service dog. Or, D+/P ;)

rules ok how about morals , pride and old school evening mdr vibe what type of evening would it be if everyone dressed down

"Morals"????????

You confuse me sir. You speak of dressing up as being an indicator of morals? Yet here in Australia we see reports on a US Senator who preyed on a fourteen year old girl and every image we see of him shows him well dressed. Yet images of our and our allies forces around the globe often appear dirty and disheveled.