Are ripped jeans allowed in the main diningroom

judydoc

Cruusing with the younger folk next month. Are the trendy ripped jeans allowed in the main dining room? I know they aren't in specialty

Only if you have paid $$$ to have them ripped. Otherwise, they are just tacky. ;)

Disclosure: I have no idea. I'm of a generation that generally doesn't consider jeans appropriate in dining rooms. But why waste time worrying about the appearance of others?

......and whose last seven cruises were all nude, wear whatever you feel comfortable in. You paid for your ticket cruise your way not theirs.

“last seven cruises were all nude”? What cruise ship(s) were you on?

They are not allowed by dress code. I’d take some dress pants to be safe. Most definitely not a good idea for formal night. Some ships are more excepting than others. I have seen people turned away before. My boys went to goodwill and found some semi dress clothes and a blazer. They had a blast dressing up. Caught a few girls too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are not allowed by dress code. I’d take some dress pants to be safe. Most definitely not a good idea for formal night. Some ships are more excepting than others. I have seen people turned away before. My boys went to goodwill and found some semi dress clothes and a blazer. They had a blast dressing up. Caught a few girls too.

Welcome to CC. I like your post.d0b2fe28076dfa0ca101e143129afc7b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“last seven cruises were all nude”? What cruise ship(s) were you on?

Next one is in 2018.

Royal Clipper, Carnival Freedom, Celebrity Constellation, Carnival liberty, Costa Mediterranean

Next one is in 2018.

Royal Clipper, Carnival Freedom, Celebrity Constellation, Carnival liberty, Costa Mediterranean

I have heard of such cruises. Best wishes for your 2018 cruise. 284c0a9ac720c358a37dd5f5ecace4fe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not just follow the suggested dress code? It isn't that hard.

The millennial‘s are like snowflakes they’re very sensitive, they just make the rules up as they go along, got to love this new world. NOT me though! Oh and let’s not forget the jeans and T-shirts on elegant night that’s always a highlight it’s amazing how people are observant and may look at each other, and say, do you think we’re under dressed!?!!? Clueless

The millennial‘s are like snowflakes they’re very sensitive, they just make the rules up as they go along, got to love this new world. NOT me though! Oh and let’s not forget the jeans and T-shirts on elegant night that’s always a highlight it’s amazing how people are observant and may look at each other, and say, do you think we’re under dressed!?!!? Clueless

They aren't the sensitive ones. Enjoy your cruise.

Love how trashing an entire generation is considered acceptable. But if I dare to point out that an awful lot of baby boomers act far more entitled, are more demanding and feel they are somehow "owed" something then that would be somehow inappropriate. :rolleyes:

I am of neither generation (too old to be a millennial and too young to be a baby boomer) but the superiority of some just blows my mind. EVERY generation thinks they are somehow better than the ones coming up behind them. Its not a new phenomenon, nor is it accurate. There have always been rude people. There have always been spoiled, lazy people. Those who engage in that nonsense are trying to impose their perceptions of how things should be and it is arrogant.

Your parents' generation said the exact same thing about you.

Edited by cruzeluver
more info

For the record (and this is for those that say jeans and shorts are not acceptable in the dining room), Royal Caribbean specifically states jeans and shorts are ACCEPTABLE in the dining room. No mention of ripped jeans, but I assume they would be fine as well.

Love how trashing an entire generation is considered acceptable. But if I dare to point out that an awful lot of baby boomers act far more entitled, are more demanding and feel they are somehow "owed" something then that would be somehow inappropriate. :rolleyes:

I am of neither generation (too old to be a millennial and too young to be a baby boomer) but the superiority of some just blows my mind. EVERY generation thinks they are somehow better than the ones coming up behind them. Its not a new phenomenon, nor is it accurate. There have always been rude people. There have always been spoiled, lazy people. Those who engage in that nonsense are trying to impose their perceptions of how things should be and it is arrogant.

Your parents' generation said the exact same thing about you.

LIKE.... a million times over!!! (From another Gen X'er)

Wow, I really hit a sensitive subject! I actually agree with a lot of you. I don't pay for ripped jeans but my 40 year old children and theirs do. Just want to forewarn them. You pay more for those rips and holes!! Go figure. Formal nights they will dress to the nines. Its the other times. I am going to suggest they not for all your sakes! ;)

If you aren't sure if they will be turned away or not - why take the chance ? Sure they can go back to the cabin and change but do they really want to go through that hassle ? Do they really want to be singled out and turned away ? Just my opinion but I would err on the side of caution and not wear the ripped jeans. Based on the responses here - no one can tell you 100% if they will get in the MDR or not.

For the record (and this is for those that say jeans and shorts are not acceptable in the dining room), Royal Caribbean specifically states jeans and shorts are ACCEPTABLE in the dining room. No mention of ripped jeans, but I assume they would be fine as well.

Shorts and jeans have always been acceptable in the MDR for breakfast and lunch. I always wear shorts in the MDR on the first evening. I never take jeans. Personal preference only.

And this is what RC publishes on their web site. As far as what is allowed...:rolleyes:

• Casual: You’re on vacation – relax! Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch.
    Smart Casual:
  • Formal: Make it a night out in your best black-tie look – suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns. There can be 1-3 formal nights during a sailing and is at the ship’s discretion.

Edited by davekathy

I see far more entitlement coming from the aging baby boomers whom I observe all the time treating those in customer service like garbage, expecting special treatment because they are elderly, should not have to wait their turn because they are older, use terms like "young man" to try to put younger people in their place, feel they are owed discounts for no other reason than because they are over a certain age etc.

And unfortunately too many of them like to cruise and glare at anyone onboard that's having fun. At least most prefer the smaller ships with less bells and whistles. OP - since you sailing on Allure, your group should be fine. I've seen people turned away for shorts but nothing else.

make sure they wear bikinis too - that'll show em. ;)