Are ripped jeans allowed in the main diningroom

judydoc

My money says no one will stop them.

You will probably win that bet. A couple of weeks ago on the Allure, the table next to us on the second formal night I would say did not conform to dress code. One of the gentlemen had on a well-worn t-shirt, basketball shorts and a baseball cap on backwards. While I always dress according to the dress code, what other people wear doesn't bother me. I noticed this particular party because of reading so much discussion on here about the dress code.

Based on these people being served dinner in the dining room, ripped jeans should be no problem lol.

Are these younger people wearing these ripped jeans your children?

If so, then what they wear is your decision. Not theirs and not mine. They represent you and your family.

If they are friends of yours and they are asking our opinion,,, most of us would rather they not unless dining up on the Lido deck.

Absolutely agree.

Does it ruin my cruise? Absolutely NOT.

Do I think it is disrespectful? Absolutely

When you are entering a dining room with table clothes, cloth napkins, 3 forks, 2 spoons, 3 glasses and the staff dressed in suits/tux.....then I'm sorry....if you are dressed to go to McDonald's, go to the buffet.

Thank you Champagne123. It is a white table cloth restaurant, dress accordingly. Don't be disrespectful to the venue, the tradition, and your fellow diners.

They probably will be able to enter. However it could be a great learning opportunity for the young people. There are just some places you should dress properly.

I think it will be a better learning opportunity for the fashion challenged. There are just some trends you are not aware of nor understand at all. Live and learn!

While the dress codes have relaxed greatly, I really feel when coming to dinner in the MDR, that people can dress nicely in clean and not torn clothes. We are casually dressed during the day and this is one evening out of that day we are looking at. I personally don't care if it is jeans, slacks, dress or a skirt for the ladies or jeans or pants for the men as long as they look nice.

There is nothing you can wear that'll keep you from entering and eating in the main dining room on any RCL ship. They publish certain guidelines for what to wear, but have never bothered enforcing it in any manner. I guess they *might* possibly require you wear shoes. But as far as type of clothing, it's simply never enforced in the least.

On my last RCI cruise a guy was wearing sandals and he was not allowed in the MDR .They did ,however, admit a group of men wearing tee shirts and shorts for dinner.

Cruusing with the younger folk next month. Are the trendy ripped jeans allowed in the main dining room? I know they aren't in specialty

If the younger folks bring them along give them a try. Sometimes ripped jeans will not be allowed in the MDR and sometimes they will. This IS Royal Caribbean we are talking about.;) If they are denied entry into the MDR, they can go back and change. No big deal.

If they don't bring those trendy ripped jeans along, guaranteed they will see someone wearing them in the MDR during your cruise. :eek:

Cruusing with the younger folk next month. Are the trendy ripped jeans allowed in the main dining room? I know they aren't in specialty

There will be zero issue on any night, probably can even wear on formal too without an issue

If the younger folks bring them along give them a try. Sometimes ripped jeans will not be allowed in the MDR and sometimes they will. This IS Royal Caribbean we are talking about.;) If they are denied entry into the MDR, they can go back and change. No big deal.

If they don't bring those trendy ripped jeans along, guaranteed they will see someone wearing them in the MDR during your cruise. :eek:

Royal aren’t the only line that are consistently inconsistent though.