Live Journal – B2B Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires – Come Along For the Adventure

Jim_Iain

Would be interesting to hear what you think of Infinity - Condition, Crew and Food?

I know a lot of folks here are interested.

I am happy with the condition. You must remember the ship is 16 years old. Some of the soft items (like the chairs in the MDR) have a lot of wear. They are planning a complete extensive renovation in 2019 (part of the $400 million fleet wide renovation). Not just the cabins but the public areas also. This includes a complete redesign of the MDR.

Being the high cruisers we were treated VERY well by the crew!

We dined in the MDR most nights and the food was good as usual. Dined in Tuscan six times over the 30 days. It was great but certainly not worth the $45 (that most people pay) over and above all you can eat in the MDR.

Did not go to the buffet often, instead went to sit down breakfast and lunch (when offered). Food was good in the buffet when we went but much more limited range of selections than on the S class ships.

Sushi on 5 never had many guests. On a few days they offered 30% off at lunch. Another couple we sail with went there several times and were unable to get a fixed price meal (like has been discussed elsewhere on CC).

Never even went by Qsine.

Remember Tuscan and Qsine are reversed on here compared to the Constellation.

Hello Jim and Iain:

Look forward to seeing you onboard tomorrow. Lucky guys! -- I will be leaving you in Santiago.

I was on the Infinity in May for a Pacific Coastal cruise and thought she looked pretty good. The beef in the dining room was excellent but they didn't do as good a job with fish. As a person who eats raw fish at least five nights a week, I can tell you that the food in Sushi on 5 is excellent. I will probably eat lunch there every day it is open. The regular verandah staterooms are small and don't have much storage; hope you have something bigger for such a long trip.

Diane

Hello Jim and Iain:

Look forward to seeing you onboard tomorrow. Lucky guys! -- I will be leaving you in Santiago.

I was on the Infinity in May for a Pacific Coastal cruise and thought she looked pretty good. The beef in the dining room was excellent but they didn't do as good a job with fish. As a person who eats raw fish at least five nights a week, I can tell you that the food in Sushi on 5 is excellent. I will probably eat lunch there every day it is open. The regular verandah staterooms are small and don't have much storage; hope you have something bigger for such a long trip.

Diane

Good seeing you Dianne and hope to meet you on the cruise.

I was lucky enough to snag a Celebrity Suite so should have plenty of space.

I’m hoping fish is better on this journey. I also almost exclusively eat fish on cruises. My way of not gaining weight, or at least not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Made it to FLL without problems. We are staying at Embassy Suites and is a perfect location. It is between two shopping centers and plenty of restaurants and shops.

We are up at 9:00 and enjoyed a nice breakfast. We will probably leave for the ship around 11:30

First day aboard was very comfortable. Muster was held at 3:00 and sail away was scheduled for 4:00PM for some unknown reason we did not leave until 5:00. Just as we pulled away from the docks we had a torrential downpour.

We met up with our friends David and Robert and walked around the ship getting all the necessary administrative duties done - Drink Packages, Internet Packages etc.

I was very pleased with coordination between the shore side concierge and Priscilla (Michael's Club Concierge). For the first time all the little things I had requested were taken care of.

We had dinner last evening in Luminea. In additional to the regular menu they had a Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner. Although none of us ordered the Turkey the waiter brought a plate to the table so we could sample.

Today - Black Friday

I awoke early and went to the gym for a workout before breakfast. Today is our first Sea Day and it is absolutely beautiful out.

Greetings Jim_Iain, from a fellow Silicon Valley Cruiser.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but...........are you the cruiser who rented a car last year as a one way rental to get you and your partner to SFO? Then you realized that an important document had been forgotten, and you had to take an Uber to get back home, etc..?

If so, then thank you a lot. I have used this option twice now for a family vehicle, paying $75 for an SUV for five plus copious amounts of luggage. Allowed us to leave as soon as we were ready, without costing a bundle. If not, then, I just feel silly horning in on your very exciting trip. We were on the Infinity this past April, and enjoyed every single minute of our 15 day trip, and I expect that yours will be no less amazing.

Scanditaly

Greetings Jim_Iain, from a fellow Silicon Valley Cruiser.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but...........are you the cruiser who rented a car last year as a one way rental to get you and your partner to SFO? Then you realized that an important document had been forgotten, and you had to take an Uber to get back home, etc..?

If so, then thank you a lot. I have used this option twice now for a family vehicle, paying $75 for an SUV for five plus copious amounts of luggage. Allowed us to leave as soon as we were ready, without costing a bundle. If not, then, I just feel silly horning in on your very exciting trip. We were on the Infinity this past April, and enjoyed every single minute of our 15 day trip, and I expect that yours will be no less amazing.

Scanditaly

Yes that was me that last year showed up at SFO only to discover I left my passport. Ugh. You can imagine I am reminded of this quite often.

Since that mass rush home we have switched to using Lyft. Our trip on Wednesday cost $45 including a 5 dollar tip. They have a nice feature now and you can book in advance.

Don’t worry about “horning in”. All are welcome and all things Celebrity are interesting and helpful to all.

Jim

Looks like a fantastic sea day. :cool:

Wonder if the ship is sailing at capacity or with fewer passengers?

I believe the ship is close to capacity. At least most cabins were gone from Celebrity Site before sailing. We took a walk through Oceanview Cafe around noon and it was packed.

More chairs were filled later in the day but appeared to always have a good selection on both decks.

Temperatures were 75-80 and clear most of day.