Buffet on first day

tjcletsgo

A nice salad bar, prepared sandwiches, usually chicken of some type, 2 soups, a selection of veggies prepared differently, Indian selection (love that curry) and a selection of desserts. It will not be anything fancy but the HC will be crowded to the max. Pizzeria has 3 different pizza and has 2 different types of sandwiches and the grill has the usual hamburgers etc. If you board in time one MDR will be open for lunch from noon to 1:30 pm. Menu will be posted outside the MDR (deck 6 mid).

Deep fried scallops are a regular item in the Horizon Court on embarkation day. We always look for them to snack on while having a drink overlooking the pool - a great way to start the cruise. Only on one cruise were they not on the buffet line.

Be prepared to wait though as we have seen people take a complete plate full (easily over 50) and empty the steamer. The staff were great and had it filled again as soon as we told them it was empty.

If you get to board early it's a totally different experience.

get to the port early, platinum priority, and board with a cane for stability. We're mostly among the first in the HC if that's what we choose. Lunch in the MDR for the first time on our last cruise a couple of weeks ago... won't do that again -

and don't even get me started on an hour and a half for breakfast in the mdr:cool:

get to the port early, platinum priority, and board with a cane for stability. We're mostly among the first in the HC if that's what we choose. Lunch in the MDR for the first time on our last cruise a couple of weeks ago... won't do that again -

and don't even get me started on an hour and a half for breakfast in the mdr:cool:

I agree, I want to hurry and eat so we can explore the ship!

They might but they will be the frozen ones that look large checkers. Still good but not freshly executed.

They are deep fried bay scallops, very creamy and delish! They are a staple on every Princess ship I have been on for embarkation day lunch in the Horizon Court.

They might but they will be the frozen ones that look large checkers. Still good but not freshly executed.

It is quite difficult to get fresh scallops unless you are very close to where they are harvested. They do not travel well with just refrigeration.

As for the Horizon Court on embarkation, we try to stay away. There are just too many people with their paraphernalia that has gone through a lot of strange hands on that day. We try to hop into the MDR for a quick bite.

Have a nice cruise everyone whatever your choice of dining. Variety is the spice of life..

Edited by Ron the Rev