Does the Upgrade Fairy Still Exist.......

LMINMA

Hello all

So many Threads on here ask and talk about the "Upgrade Fairy" .... so ... here is our story...

Indeed the Upgrade Fairy Exists.

We were booked into a GS with Large Balcony on Anthem of the Seas Departing December 2nd 2017. On Wednesday Morning the 29th we received an Email from AN GOTL 02.

The email was from the Royal Genie introducing himself and had lots of information regarding our upcoming cruise on the 2nd. I went to my Cruise Planner and saw nothing to indicate an upgrade or any other messages. Then I noticed our cabin number had changed. So thrilled. Don't know how we got so lucky.

To try and answer some of the common questions:

-We are Platnum, will be Diamond after this cruise.

-Booked the cruise on the phone with RC direct.

-Booked on October 26th of this year. Only about 10 weeks before the cruise.

-We do have in our cruise planner checked that it is ok to Auto Upgrade us.

-Have cruised with RC 5 times previous.

- 3 regular balconies, 1 Jr Suite, and 1 Crown Loft Suite on Oasis.

-about 10 days ago the only cabins left to book on line were about 6 of this type of Suite or larger. (even thought about calling to see how much to upgrade but never did)

-No special occasion or celebration booked on the cruise.

-Neither of us are affiliated or work in the travel industry in any way.

-I am 50yo and my parter is 40

-We had the Deluxe Beverage Package and 3 nights specialty dinning booked already. One quick call, about 10mins with RC and they gladly refunded both payments. I fully expected to be told no or offered an on board credit. I would have been fine with either. I kind of felt bad calling, didn't want to seem ungrateful, but it never hurts to ask.

-We had no other call, or email. In fact the email from the Royal Genie didn't even mention that we had been upgraded. It was clearly the boiler plate email that goes to guests just before the cruise giving them facts and info, welcoming them aboard.

So, there you have it. Still does happen every now and then. How we got so lucky I have no idea, but I sure know we are going to enjoy the heck out of this cruise now... not that we wouldn't have anyway. ;)

THANK YOU RC

Leo

Hello all

So many Threads on here ask and talk about the "Upgrade Fairy" .... so ... here is our story...

We were booked into a GS with Large Balcony on Anthem of the Seas Departing December 2nd 2017. On Wednesday Morning the 29th we received an Email from AN GOTL 02.

The email was from the Royal Genie introducing himself and had lots of information regarding our upcoming cruise on the 2nd. I went to my Cruise Planner and saw nothing to indicate an upgrade or any other messages. Then I noticed our cabin number had changed. So thrilled. Don't know how we got so lucky.

-about 10 days ago the only cabins left to book on line were about 6 of this type of Suite or larger. (even thought about calling to see how much to upgrade but never did)

-We had the Deluxe Beverage Package and 3 nights specialty dinning booked already. One quick call, about 10mins with RC and they gladly refunded both payments. I fully expected to be told no or offered an on board credit. I would have been fine with either. I kind of felt bad calling, didn't want to seem ungrateful, but it never hurts to ask.

-We had no other call, or email. In fact the email from the Royal Genie didn't even mention that we had been upgraded. It was clearly the boiler plate email that goes to guests just before the cruise giving them facts and info, welcoming them aboard.

So, there you have it. Still does happen every now and then. How we got so lucky I have no idea, but I sure know we are going to enjoy the heck out of this cruise now... not that we wouldn't have anyway. ;)

THANK YOU RC

Leo

Wow, thats amazing ! Enjoy your fabulous cruise and fabulous suite.... I'm not jealous, I'm not, honest ....:mad:

Just joking, really pleased for you (y)

Jean

Does the fairy visit because the lower priced suites can sell more quickly and go for more as you get closer to the sail date? They must use an algorithm that tells them that the sail date and category of stateroom will sell more quickly than the higher category stateroom for them to move you out of it. I'd love it if that happened to me one time. Very cool. Thanks for sharing your story.

Does the fairy visit because the lower priced suites can sell more quickly and go for more as you get closer to the sail date? They must use an algorithm that tells them that the sail date and category of stateroom will sell more quickly than the higher category stateroom for them to move you out of it. I'd love it if that happened to me one time. Very cool. Thanks for sharing your story.

No one seems to really know the secret formula. Congratulations to the OP.

...We do have in our cruise planner checked that it is ok to Auto Upgrade us.

Could not find where to check this on my cruise planner for my August 24, 2018 Alaskan cruise. I booked

thru a travel agent. Is that why? Anyone know or could guide me to where I can find this feature.

Could not find where to check this on my cruise planner for my August 24, 2018 Alaskan cruise. I booked

thru a travel agent. Is that why? Anyone know or could guide me to where I can find this feature.

It is on your My Cruises page. Click on the tab at the top, "My profile", then the last entry on the left, "upgrade preferences."

Wondering how you will achieve Diamond status after this 12 night cruise if you are Platinum now. Platinum is less than 55 points and double points for a Suite will only bring you to 78 points at most (54 + 24 = 78), two points shy of Diamond. Please help me understand what I might be missing!

Congratulations on the upgrade!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all

THANK YOU RC

Leo

Congratulations! Enjoy every second.

We just received our first upgrade Fairy visit. We are sailing on Freedom in January. We had picked a promenade cabin and got upgraded to a JS. And how exciting, we will turn Diamond while on board.

Wow, you made a heck of a jump. Congratulations!

Edited by Host Clarea