Question about My Time Dining.

We are sailing on Anthem of the Seas in February 2018. This will be our first RCI cruise.We always sailed with Carnival. We loved Carnival and can't say enough good things but we decided we need to try a different cruise line just to compare. The one thing I am a little nervous about is that everything it seems like you have to book an be on a schedule. We never got that feeling with Carnival. Do we still need to book our supper in the main dining room even though we have Our Time Dining? With Carnival you just went whenever you wanted. Thanks. Luke

There is no need to make reservations for MTD albeit you can before you sail onboard for the length of your cruise or indeed on a daily basis and they may or maybe not have openings for your selected time if you just walk up you may be lucky and get seated immediately or maybe have anything from a few minutes to a longer wait especially on the first night and formal evenings.

The later you dine say after 8.00pm it seems the more openings they have.

Should you make a reservation and decide not to eat in the MDR it is very helpful to inform them that you will not be using your table enabling them to issue it to others.

On Anthem, it's a bit different than other RCI ships, as the dining rooms are smaller and the capacity is lower. If you want to dine at prime dining times, there is usually a long wait, so it is best to have reservations. People have reported that even if you have a reservation for 9pm, for example, and show up much earlier, you will be accommodated when you arrive. So it might help just to have a reservation for any time, not necessarily the time you end up dining. If a poor choice of dining times is available pre-cruise, once you board, a better selection of times should be available (same for shows, activities, etc).

Make sure to download the free Royal IQ app onto your smart phone before you leave. You will be able to make reservations via the app once onboard, as well as check your bill, check the Compass, check the menus, etc. You do not need to buy an internet package to access the app onboard, and some have reported being able to use the app while still in the parking garage or terminal.

Can you make reservations for the entire cruise at once, or must you do it each day? We are booked for MTD for te first time on 17 cruises (unfortunately) and don't know the routine,

You should be able to make as many reservations as you like using the Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

Made reservations a couple of days ago and had to do them one at at time, completing the "purchase" for each day before starting over again for the next day. If I tried to add a second date the site assumed I wanted to change the reservation I had just entered. Pain to do.

Made reservations a couple of days ago and had to do them one at at time, completing the "purchase" for each day before starting over again for the next day. If I tried to add a second date the site assumed I wanted to change the reservation I had just entered. Pain to do.

There's a way to make multiple reservations and "purchase" at one time. You need to go to the planner and choose the dining as if doing it the first time. Almost as much of a pain.

We were just recently (October) on Anthem and had MTD...On the nights we ate in the dining room (even on the 2nd formal night) we had no trouble getting our preferred table for two with no wait..However we did eat early with no reservations.

We were just recently (October) on Anthem and had MTD...On the nights we ate in the dining room (even on the 2nd formal night) we had no trouble getting our preferred table for two with no wait..However we did eat early with no reservations.

Are there pre-set formal nights on Anthem? I have read some CCers state there is no more formal nights - just a bit confused!

Also, I see in my cruise planner I can make reservations for the specialty restaurants. Can I also do so for the MDR? And do they assign you to a specific MDR or can you rotate amongst Grande, Silk, Chic and American Icon?

Are there pre-set formal nights on Anthem? I have read some CCers state there is no more formal nights - just a bit confused!

Also, I see in my cruise planner I can make reservations for the specialty restaurants. Can I also do so for the MDR? And do they assign you to a specific MDR or can you rotate amongst Grande, Silk, Chic and American Icon?

Way back, one option on Anthem was rotating restaurants. That is gone now, all the "free" MDR restaurants serve the same food from the same menus every night. However, you may still see some old documentation or old web pages that still refer to abandoned schemes such as Dynamic Dyning, Dynamic Classic, rotation, etc.

Anthem has traditional formal nights now.

We are sailing on Anthem of the Seas in February 2018. This will be our first RCI cruise.We always sailed with Carnival. We loved Carnival and can't say enough good things but we decided we need to try a different cruise line just to compare. The one thing I am a little nervous about is that everything it seems like you have to book an be on a schedule. We never got that feeling with Carnival. Do we still need to book our supper in the main dining room even though we have Our Time Dining? With Carnival you just went whenever you wanted. Thanks. Luke

Hello Luke and welcome to Royal Caribbean!

We were on the Panama Canal Journeys cruise on the Pride with you in February. It was a fantastic cruise!

Of the several times we have been on the Anthem, we have never waited more than maybe 5 minutes for My Time Dining, without reservations.

We are on the Anthem on February 25. Are you on the same cruise?

Way back, one option on Anthem was rotating restaurants. That is gone now, all the "free" MDR restaurants serve the same food from the same menus every night. However, you may still see some old documentation or old web pages that still refer to abandoned schemes such as Dynamic Dyning, Dynamic Classic, rotation, etc.

Anthem has traditional formal nights now.

No wonder - my cruise planner still shows our dining as "Dynamics c Dining Ng" hence the confusion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does that mean I do not need to make any reservations for the dining as the hey will assign the restaurant any and table?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have My Time Dining, you may make reservations before your cruise in your Cruise Planner, you may wait until you board and make reservations for all nights then, you may make reservations by phone each day, you may just walk up at any time and request to be seated.

Your choice.

Two of the dining rooms are used for MTD. You will be seated in one or the other. After your first dinner, you can request the same table/wait staff going forward, or you can just take your random chances.

If you have My Time Dining, you may make reservations before your cruise in your Cruise Planner, you may wait until you board and make reservations for all nights then, you may make reservations by phone each day, you may just walk up at any time and request to be seated.

Your choice.

Two of the dining rooms are used for MTD. You will be seated in one or the other. After your first dinner, you can request the same table/wait staff going forward, or you can just take your random chances.

Oops, I should have clarified - we have Traditional Dining. Cruise planner thus far doesn't indicate which of the 2 restaurants we are assigned. Will this happen closer to sailing?

Oops, I should have clarified - we have Traditional Dining. Cruise planner thus far doesn't indicate which of the 2 restaurants we are assigned. Will this happen closer to sailing?

I believe you will find out when you get onboard.

Our recent Anthem cruise...

MTD = American Icon & Silk

MDR = Chic & Grande

But as was posted above that can certainly change and more than likely you won't know until you see your SeaPass card.

Your SeaPass card, which you will get in your cabin when the cabins are available around 1 P.M., will have your dining assignment printed on it.